Windows 10: Help to config folder location on new installation of windows 10

Discus and support Help to config folder location on new installation of windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Greatly appreciate if you can help me. Purpose is to use a batch or reg method to config folder location on new installation of windows 10. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by illusion, Oct 25, 2019.

1. illusion Win User

Help to config folder location on new installation of windows 10

Hi

Greatly appreciate if you can help me.

Purpose is to use a batch or reg method to config folder location on new installation of windows 10.

Can you create one batchfile or reg to set

Documents, Favorites, Music, Pictures, Videos location in D drive
    Downloads in E drive

I have tried reg method as follow and it does not work

Code:
    :)

illusion, Oct 25, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Help to config folder location on new installation of windows 10 ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Help to config folder location on new installation of windows 10 - Similar Threads - Help config folder

2. Help with Adding a New Save Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Adding a New Save Location: I have an external device that I save all my Steam games to. I'm trying to set it up so that my PC Xbox games are saved to that same external drive. I know to go to this screen in my Xbox app, but the screenshot below says that "this location is not set up for installing...
  3. Help with Adding a New Save Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with Adding a New Save Location: I have an external device that I save all my Steam games to. I'm trying to set it up so that my PC Xbox games are saved to that same external drive. I know to go to this screen in my Xbox app, but the screenshot below says that "this location is not set up for installing...
  4. Windows 10 190x | System32/config folder is empty

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 190x | System32/config folder is empty: I've recently had a W10 boot failure after trying to update to 1909 and / or 2004 from a W10 USB boot disk and starting the update process, but then canceling / stopping only to have the boot failure. After doing this a few time on a few SSDs, I noticed the Windows folder 1)...
  5. missing system32/config folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    missing system32/config folder: Hello This is the biggest mistake I have done recently. I found out I may delete windows/system/config. As a result, I can not boot into the desktop anymore and stuck in the "Windows Fail To Repair Your Computer" Loop. Is there's any solution for solving the problem like...
  6. How to add new Folder locations in Photos app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add new Folder locations in Photos app on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]As a fairly adaptable operating system, Windows has always had a dedicated way of browsing and viewing photos. In Windows 10 as well, Microsoft decided to amalgamate browsing, organizing, and viewing all together in one application and the end-result is [...]...
  7. Windows 10 Folder Location Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Folder Location Change: Hi Does anyone have experience of moving special folder locations to a NAS drive using a script. i.e. Current Location: C:\Users\[username].[pcname]\Favorites to \\MYSTORAGENAS\Username\Documents\Favorites I am looking to speed up the process of moving the special folder...
  8. Windows 10 installed Location

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 installed Location: Hi Everyone, I am going to install a new SSD on my laptop and I was thinking about changing the installation location of my Windows 10. When I did purchase my laptop, I had it with Windows 10 Home preinstalled. But now, I am just wondering whether I can reinstall Windows 10...
  9. Change config file win 10 displays wrong location.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change config file win 10 displays wrong location.: Type in Edge my location result Malaysia. Type my location in Bing Or Google Maps in Edge result Cyprus which is correct. Some Apps do not work correctly that use ntuser.dat or windows config. Others that use ip address are fine....
  10. Windows 10 ADK config - Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 ADK config - Help: Hello *Smile I'm trying to create unattended answer file for windows 10. (to use with sysprep) I'm using the ADK 1703 version. Everything is fine expect the language configurations (Microsoft-windows-international-Core-WinPe_10.0.15063.0_natural) I want to achieve this:...