Windows 10: Help to configure SMB share folder on Windows 10.....

Discus and support Help to configure SMB share folder on Windows 10..... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On my OLD pc i have some shared folder whit media files usually i play on my Rpi2 whit OSMC installed. OSMC tryed to search file at:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DjDiabolik, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Help to configure SMB share folder on Windows 10.....

On my OLD pc i have some shared folder whit media files usually i play on my Rpi2 whit OSMC installed.

OSMC tryed to search file at:
    smb://192.168.1.2/ and use this for obtain access "smb://UserHelp to configure SMB share folder on Windows 10..... :pass@192.168.1.2/" how UserHelp to configure SMB share folder on Windows 10..... :pass it's the same combination used for Login on windows.

Now on Windows 10 i don't any idea how i can obtain a similar result....................... how i need to configure ?
    I know my administration password........ but what's my username ?? If i execute "control userpasswords2" (or netplwiz) i see 3 different name like "Username, complete name, and display name"........ very confusion *Smile

Please help me.........

:)

DjDiabolik, Sep 8, 2016
  2. R. Hansen_690, Sep 8, 2016
  3. EckiS Win User
    EckiS, Sep 8, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Help to configure SMB share folder on Windows 10.....

I don't know SMB or RPI2 with OSMC at all so.....

Username and Fullname should work , in password situations I would try Fullname though as I don't know if you are using a Local Account or a Microsoft account for accessing the PC.

KB.

Kbird, Sep 10, 2016
  5. mmmmmm... i have only need to activate a share for a folder and add "EveryOne" to read/write. After that on RPI2 and osmc i have put the ip of my ip and i have to need to put the nickname and password of my windows 10 microsoft account. all working whithout any problems *Smile

Sometime i will hurt for nothings and for this noob problems *Smile

DjDiabolik, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Help to configure SMB share folder on Windows 10.....

1. Help to configure SMB share folder on Windows 10..... - Similar Threads - Help configure SMB

2. Can't connect to SMB Share Windows 10, Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to SMB Share Windows 10, Strange Behavior: Hi, Something strange is happening : when I restart my Windows 10 computer, I can access the SMB share on a FreeNas server. As soon as I switch the Wifi network or when I connect through Ethernet, I loose access to the share. I don't have that problem on a Mi Box or a...
  3. SMB share credentials

SMB share credentials: Hi, I have a synology unit that is added to the microsoft AD as are all the PCs that access that unit. all the users are members of an AD group that has read/write permissions on a particular folder. When a user tries to access that folder, they get a message "windows...
  4. Unable to access SMB file sharing

Unable to access SMB file sharing: Hi, While I'm administrator on 2 computers PC1 and PC2, both are joined to a Windows domain: From PC1, I cannot see shared folders on PC2. Once, I log on PC1 as a normal user, I can properly see the shared folder. Please advise Thanks...
  5. Entering a SMB share

Entering a SMB share: Hi everyone, in W10 i shared a folder and i want to enter them using "ES File Explorer" in Android. From that app i'm requested for user e psw. SMB protocol are active: Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>...
  6. Windows 10 won't connect to SMB.1x share

Windows 10 won't connect to SMB.1x share: Installing Windows 10 BUT was told that it will not connect to SMB1.x Share which i have running on one of my servers. Can i configure it to make this work on Windows 10 - I am looking to install win 10 image on several computers next week - need this issue fixed or will have...
  7. Cannot access SMB shares via Windows VPN

Cannot access SMB shares via Windows VPN: Hi, I have set up a VPN on my server at home. I am not using a domain. I can ping IP's on the network I am connected to and access things like my router using a local IP address. I can't however access any of my mapped drives. I've tried allowing all SMB rules in...
  8. can't share folder with another windows 10 computer, help??

can't share folder with another windows 10 computer, help??: hey all, i think this should be a pretty straight forward process, but i'm getting stumped! i have two windows 10 pro computers. first computer has a folder on the root of the C drive that i want to access from the second computer- both on the same wifi network, same...
  9. SMB to shares on USB storage does not work

SMB to shares on USB storage does not work: I have several usb-connected drives and several SATA drives on a Win7Pro-64 system just upgraded to Win10. The only account on the machine is a local administrator account. On each drive I have a shared folder. Where before I could connect via SMB/Samba from non-Windows...
  10. Help me make my SMB shares visible on the network again

Help me make my SMB shares visible on the network again: Ok, so i have a problem that i need some help with. I use a PC with Windows 10 Pro and after updating to Creators Edition (1703) i can no longer see my SMB shares on the network with my media players, for example i use a Oppo blu-ray player and this can no longer see the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. configure smb on windows 10

2. how to configure smb in windows 10

3. windows 10 configure smb

4. osmc connecting to a windows 10 pc,
  5. kodi windows 10 smb not working,
  6. windows 10 the shared directory does not have the required permissions,
  7. configure smb and access osmc in windows