Windows 10: Help to Decrypt the "D" Drive without recovery Key

Discus and support Help to Decrypt the "D" Drive without recovery Key in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Team, I am writing to you to check to get a possible resolution on an existing case with Microsoft O365 & Windows Tech Team. I am not getting a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dipil Vasu, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Help to Decrypt the "D" Drive without recovery Key

Team,

I am writing to you to check to get a possible resolution on an existing case with Microsoft O365 & Windows Tech Team. I am not getting a possible solution. Hence, I am writing here to check if anyone in the broader arena can help me to come out from this difficult situation.

Let me summarize the issue here:

• My system no boot issue started on 16th of Aug’2020 when an Office 365 Tech Team member trying to help me with the upgradation of E1 to E3 and in the process he deleted some registry files.
    • System got irresponsive and on force restart, the system showing an error Stop Code: Critical Process Died.
    • Please note that Office 365 Tech Team member not taken the back up of my registry before did the Registry Edits. This major software changes triggers the bit locker
    • Further many trouble shoots were tried by various Office 365 Tech Team members.
    • With the help of Office 365 Tech Team member, we talk to Windows Tech Team and they suggested to perform the BIOS downgrade to solve this issue.
    • I contacted Dell and perform BIOS downgrade downgraded BIOS to 2.6.1. on 23rd August 2020. Still system shows the error Stop Code: Critical Process Died.
    • Further, connected in conference with Office 365 Tech Team, Windows Tech Team and Dell Tech Team. No solution to bring back to the boot situation. Finally decided to re-install the Operating System.
    • Reinstallation was successful deleting my complete data in the C Drive.
    • When trying to access the "D" drive, it's showing encrypted.

• When clicking the “D” Drive, its asking for Recovery Key. We don’t have the key.

• Screen showing “No Bit Locker Key” found under the Device Management of Microsoft. To recover the bitlocker key, tried with basic CMDs on bitlocker which is not supporting & proceeded with Intune MDM to recover the key. So went ahead & created, assigned the trial EMS license. Implemented Intune to O365 tenant and enrolled the laptop for Intune. Enrolment is successful but no key recovered from device management since the response found as "No Bitlocker Recovery Key Found for this Device".

Now anyone has a solution for me? Can anyhow help me to access my "D" Drive?

Thanks & Regards,

Dipil

+91-9538252522

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Dipil Vasu, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Not enough space on Recovery (DHelp to Decrypt the "D" Drive without recovery Key :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DHelp to Decrypt the "D" Drive without recovery Key :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Issues with entering recovery key for safe mode

Hello,

Apology for the delay in response.

What is the make and model of your device?

Did you tried using function keys(F1-F10) to enter BitLocker recovery key?

Did you tried using some other external keyboard?

Suggest you to disable the Bit locker Drive Encryption to see if it helps. You can follow the below mentioned steps and check if it helps

To turn off BitLocker Drive Encryption:

• Click Start, type Manage BitLocker and select same from the list.

• Under BitLocker Drive Encryption, find the drive on which you want BitLocker Drive Encryption turned off(I.e. In this case you system drive), and click
      Turn Off BitLocker.

• A message is displayed, informing you that the drive will be decrypted and that decryption may take some time. Click
      Decrypt the drive to continue and turn off BitLocker on the drive.

Once done, try to check if you're able to boot into Safe Mode successfully.

Keep us posted for any concerns with windows, we're glad to assist you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Help to Decrypt the "D" Drive without recovery Key

Seagate External Hard drive Decryption - Key you have entered is incorrect

My Seagate Expansion Portable Drive (1 TB) was encrypted in Microsoft Windows 10. When I tried to decrypt it and removed password, Initially, it was removed. but when i plugged it in again in PC, it started asking for password / recovery key. I am using
    the same key which was set as before but the response is, "Key you have entered is incorrect" even upon using the recovery key, it say recovery key doesn't match this drive.

Please advise, how to decrypt or access the data.

***Original Title: Seagate External Hard drive Decryption***

Daniyal Ahmad [E(D)], Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Help to Decrypt the "D" Drive without recovery Key

1. Help to Decrypt the "D" Drive without recovery Key - Similar Threads - Help Decrypt Drive

2. recovery D: drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery D: drive: does anyone know how to recover the recovery D: drive on a touch screen hp laptop computer? I reset my computer to an earlier date before I started having issues with my computer but when I did I noticed my files and folders were all out of order and in the wrong place. I...
  3. Recovery D Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovery D Drive: My computer recentyly crash and I had to install a new Hard Drive. The HD I purchased was Identical to my Dell Pc and it had Windows 10 pro already installed. Everything works fine but the only thing I notice is when you open File explorer and click This PC it doesn't show...
  4. Recovery D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery D drive: I lost my Recovery D drive months ago, how do I re-install it ?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-d-drive/911120f6-73d5-4895-b65b-33ea7249c2ba
  5. Possible to Bitlocker a drive without a recovery key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to Bitlocker a drive without a recovery key?: Is it possible to bitlocker-encrypt a drive and not have a recovery key? Or perhaps make it longer then 48digits? submitted by /u/user_982396 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ehqgup/possible_to_bitlocker_a_drive_without_a_recovery/
  6. Full Recovery(D:) drive

Full Recovery(D:) drive: My Recovery(D:) drive has always said it was almost full. (contained 13.5 gigabytes of content) I entered Settings >> System >> Storage >> Recovery(D:) >> Other and then it said, "We couldn't find any files to show you." Here's a screenshot(ish): [IMG]...
  7. Recovery D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery D drive: I have had a windows 10 for about 8 months now. It is not my main laptop and there is little stored on it. I have noticed that the RECOVERY (D:) shows 13.6 GB USED 1.06 GB FREE. This doesn't seem right. Any suggestions or explanations would be appreciated...
  8. Recovery D Drive

Recovery D Drive: Hello. Yesterday, there was a message stating my Recovery D drive is almost full. I don't how this happen. The only files in this drive is the Recovery folder, WindowsApp and WpSystem. Is there a way to clear the folders or compress files for space? Thank you....
  9. D drive, recovery

D drive, recovery: I formatted my D drive by mistake. How do I get it back?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-recovery/fb51be70-f626-4817-b060-f2e3ca6368ee
  10. Recovery Drive D:

Recovery Drive D:: I had not backed up my system since I purchased Windows 8. But now I have a Windows 10 upgrade. I decided I needed to back up every thing, so I purchased USB with 64 GB on it. Went to System files where you backup and put the USB in the slot of my drive and thought it was...