Windows 10: Help to delete a huge amount of folders

Discus and support Help to delete a huge amount of folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Guys, So i was trying to install a new language on my laptop. and i downloaded the language file which is a RAR folder then i extracted it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Meoto, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Meoto Win User

Help to delete a huge amount of folders

Hello Guys,
    So i was trying to install a new language on my laptop.
    and i downloaded the language file which is a RAR folder
    then i extracted it directly to OS(C*Smile
    the problem is i got a super huge amount of folders and files extracted there
    almost 12000 folders or something which made my local disk C looks so confusing and i can't find any stuff i want or need there!

My Question is how can i delete all these language files i accidentally extracted there without deleting something else by mistake?

I'd really really appreciate any help since i got so confused and i dont want to mess things up

Regards

:)

Meoto, Apr 28, 2016

2. E72 Message Notification Problem

if you have a huge amount of text in your phone delete them

remove messages from inbox and sent folders

techbuzzireland, Apr 28, 2016
  3. N96 mass memory and SMS problem

if you have a huge amount of text in your phone you should delete them empty your inbox and sent folders

techbuzzireland, Apr 28, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

If you view your hard-drive C with explorer.exe -- can you spot which folders to delete? If not, you will need to use a zip-file viewer and print out the directory listing within that zip file. Using that printout, you can delete the folders you no longer want.

RolandJS, Apr 28, 2016
  5. gulliwog Win User
    I am sure this would be an easy thing to do with batch (.bat) file. I am not very good at batch code so I won't try and give you the code myself, but there are a lot of forums out there where you could ask people to help you with the code (e.g. DOS Batch Forum - DosTips.com)

A while back I needed to delete, replace and rename large numbers of files sequentially and asked in the forums and got an answer almost straight away. Just couple lines of simple code is all that's needed.

Otherwise if it is on the C:/ root I imagine there aren't that many folders you want to keep there. Why cant you select everything, deselect the ones that should be there and want to keep (C:/Windows, C:/Program Files C:/Intel etc etc) and delete the rest? Most people don't normally have more that 10 folders on their root C:/,

gulliwog, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Help to delete a huge amount of folders - Similar Threads - Help delete huge

2. deleted a huge folder , is there any to recover it ;

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleted a huge folder , is there any to recover it ;: So like the title suggests, I deleted a HUGE folder, 128 gigabytes by ACCIDENT, and it erased everything on my computer and now I can’t get it back. Basically what happened was, I was backing up my phone to my computer and I wanted to back into my D: drive but I accidentally...
  3. deleted a huge folder , is there any to recover it ;

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted a huge folder , is there any to recover it ;: So like the title suggests, I deleted a HUGE folder, 128 gigabytes by ACCIDENT, and it erased everything on my computer and now I can’t get it back. Basically what happened was, I was backing up my phone to my computer and I wanted to back into my D: drive but I accidentally...
  4. deleted a huge folder , is there any to recover it ;

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space: hello i notice a computer our compagnies that have a 256 GB HDD the windowsApps Folder is taking 190 GB of space some apps are not even installed like HiddenCityMysteryofShadows or DisneyMagicKingdoms etc...the folder is present with different version.so how can i remove...
  6. WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space: hello i notice a computer our compagnies that have a 256 GB HDD the windowsApps Folder is taking 190 GB of space some apps are not even installed like HiddenCityMysteryofShadows or DisneyMagicKingdoms etc...the folder is present with different version.so how can i remove...
  7. WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space

8. Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files

Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files: Hello there I have some old data in other drives of windows where I had installed xbox games and I think that's what has created that folder. Even though the games are no longer there I can't see to detete those files. I have assigned all permissions but some big files are...
  9. Huge amount of Spam

in Windows 10 Customization
    Huge amount of Spam: Just installed Windows 10 on PC Have active ESET on PC Suddenly my Outlook Inbox is flooded with Spam from all over. Even businesses abroad. How can I control this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/huge-amount-of-spam/b6031a1e-98e2-488c-b0cc-b0d536f774af
  10. PCDr taking a huge amount of space in the ProgramData folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PCDr taking a huge amount of space in the ProgramData folder: I've seen another thread in this forum regarding PCDr (a folder within the ProgramData folder) and a couple of answers suggesting it could be either Dell software or malware. I have a Dell desktop myself, and I looked a bit more carefully at the contents of this folder when I...