Windows 10: Help to find remote computer User Name?

Discus and support Help to find remote computer User Name? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I found that my computer was being accessed on a default account. Since I cannot find a way to log into this account nor the public one. I need to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Vickyl71, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Vickyl71 Win User

Help to find remote computer User Name?

I found that my computer was being accessed on a default account. Since I cannot find a way to log into this account nor the public one. I need to find the location of the remote computer Users Name and location.

:)

Vickyl71, Jun 12, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jun 12, 2020
  3. user name change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Click on control panel.

• Click on user accounts.

• Click on change your account name.
    Change the name as per your according and restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Help to find remote computer User Name?

How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Help to find remote computer User Name?

1. Help to find remote computer User Name? - Similar Threads - Help find remote

2. Find the Name of my Computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Find the Name of my Computer: When I try to find my computer name as instructed, I get into Control Panel, but I cannot find System and Security > System. Where did Microsoft hide my computer name, and how can I find the computer name reliably USING ONLY THE KEYBOARD - NO MOUSE? I am totally blind, and I...
  3. Find the Name of my Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find the Name of my Computer: When I try to find my computer name as instructed, I get into Control Panel, but I cannot find System and Security > System. Where did Microsoft hide my computer name, and how can I find the computer name reliably USING ONLY THE KEYBOARD - NO MOUSE? I am totally blind, and I...
  4. Find the Name of my Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remote Desktop can’t find the computer

in Windows 10 News
    Remote Desktop can’t find the computer: [ATTACH]Remote Desktop is a powerful and handy feature that allows you to connect to another computer on the same network or the one available over a dedicated network available for access. When trying to connect to a remote computer, if it cannot find the PC, this post will...
  6. Need help finding the name of something

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help finding the name of something: Recently, either here or in r/Microsoft, i saw a post saying some (apparently previously paid) Windows Utility or program or what is now free to use. I saved it, but can't find it now. Any idea which Microsoft Program or set of Programs became free recently? submitted by...
  7. Remote desktop can't find the computer "name of my computer". This might mean that "name of...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop can't find the computer "name of my computer". This might mean that "name of...: Hello everyone, I am having this issue that is really frustrating. I keep getting the message: "Remote desktop can't find the computer "name of my computer". This might mean that "name of my computer" does not belong to the specified network. Verify the computer name and...
  8. Remote desktop user name and password trouble

Remote desktop user name and password trouble: Hello, I'm trying to use the remote desktop feature with an Android phone. At the logon screen on my phone it autofills my user namemy email and asks for a password. I've tried both the password I use to access my computer and my Microsoft account password. Neither works....
  9. Computer / user name

Computer / user name: When I start up my desktop PC it thinks my user name is "12". How do I change that? Also when I go to settings>accounts>your info it shows this "12" above my windows account email....
  10. Changing Computers User Name

Changing Computers User Name: Hi, My mom just gave me her laptop so I'm trying to personalize it as me. While trying to change the Username, I don't quite get why I have already change the username in the registry but still showing different name on the system information. Anything I can do to fix this? I...