Windows 10: Help to repair right-click start menu Power Manager apps

Discus and support Help to repair right-click start menu Power Manager apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I've been searching help videos sometimes difficult to follow. Trouble happened when I was setting up an external HDD for partition and file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mrow22, May 24, 2020.

1. Mrow22 Win User

Help to repair right-click start menu Power Manager apps

Hi I've been searching help videos sometimes difficult to follow. Trouble happened when I was setting up an external HDD for partition and file backup purposes. Had not done it before and needed to repeat some steps. I also installed WD utilities just to look at what was there and then uninstalled. It seems like after that, certain right-click Start Menu Power Manager items like Disk Management in top box quit opening. I can access them mostly using search box. Thinking it might be my antivirus app, I uninstalled that and enabled Windows Defender, no change. Have run SFC /scannow; a small number of files were repaired but no change with this issue.

:)

Mrow22, May 24, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, May 24, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Power and All apps are not visible in Start menu

Hi Gina,

I would like to inform you that Power and All apps will show by default in your Start menu. Other options like Settings; File Explorer; Pictures etc. are to set as per your requirements. Follow the steps below and check if that helps. Also let us know if
    you have made any hardware and software changes in your computer prior to this issue.

Step 1: Check for updates.

If you can't open the Start menu or Cortana, first check for updates.

• Press Windows logo key + R, type ms-settings:, and then select
      OK. This opens Settings.
    • In Settings, go to Update & security > Windows
      Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 2: Restart your device.

If you didn’t have any updates that required a restart, it’s still a good idea to restart your device to make sure any pending updates are installed.

Step 3: Try the troubleshooter.

For assisted support, try this
    Start menu troubleshooter
    . After you've completed the troubleshooter, restart your device.

Do let us know if you are able to get Power and All apps on Start menu. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Help to repair right-click start menu Power Manager apps - Similar Threads - Help repair right

2. Start menu right click menu not highlighting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu right click menu not highlighting: When I go to the start menu, type in an application like cmd, then try to right click, the menu no longer highlights. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you....
  3. Start menu right click menu not highlighting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu right click menu not highlighting: When I go to the start menu, type in an application like cmd, then try to right click, the menu no longer highlights. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you....
  4. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  5. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  6. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Help! Right click spazzing out on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Right click spazzing out on Start Menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bryo962 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjky7h/help_right_click_spazzing_out_on_start_menu/
  8. right click start menu missing?????

in Windows 10 Customization
    right click start menu missing?????: i have a issues where the right click start menu windows icon does nothing anymore for some reasons i was seeing all administrator tools like command prompt event viewer or disk management but now the right click with the mouse doesnt show the 2nd menu anymore someone have...
  9. Start Menu - Right-Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu - Right-Click: Hello,In the "Start Menu" there are two types of icons - one is a square with a folder icon on it, the other is a square with the program's icon.Now 'folder icons' have no right-click sub-menu, the others with a program icon have a right-click sub-menu.In the sub-items of a...
  10. Right click Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click Start Menu: Last few insider builds (not necessarily because of it) Most of items in Start menu's just don't do anything. Command prompt/, Disk management, Device manager, Task manager etc. Other shortcuts for them work, each one when started from anywhere else works. I made links for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Help to repair right-click start menu Power Manager apps not working

2. How to repair right click start Power menu