Windows 10: Help transfering Windows Retail license to a newly built computer.

Discus and support Help transfering Windows Retail license to a newly built computer. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I had an old computer which started with Vista. I upgraded it to Windows 7 Pro Retail license came in CD around 6 years or so ago. When Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by wmw0208, May 5, 2022.

1. wmw0208 Win User

Help transfering Windows Retail license to a newly built computer.

Hi, I had an old computer which started with Vista. I upgraded it to Windows 7 Pro Retail license came in CD around 6 years or so ago. When Windows 10 first came, I upgraded it to that. I remember, the mother board got broken around 2017 and I replaced it and was able to install Windows 10 on it but I forgot how now.The computer just died recently but I didn't bother to repair it but instead built a new one. My question now is: Am I still allowed to transfer Windows 10 to the newly built PC, and if so, how?I'm asking this because I actually tried installing and activating Windows 10 on this

:)

wmw0208, May 5, 2022
  2. Andre Da Costa, May 5, 2022
  3. LvxOne Win User
    Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro license to another computer?

If the license is retail, then yes you can transfer it.

If the license is OEM, then no, you cannot.

If the license came with your laptop (or you upgraded from the license that came with your laptop), then it is OEM and not transferable.

Source: Windows 10 License Key

LvxOne, May 5, 2022
  4. Help transfering Windows Retail license to a newly built computer.

Andre Da Costa, May 5, 2022
Thema:

Help transfering Windows Retail license to a newly built computer.

1. Help transfering Windows Retail license to a newly built computer. - Similar Threads - Help transfering Retail

2. Retail license transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retail license transfer: Hi, I just changed to a completely different PC. I want my Windows 11 Pro license on the new one. What should I do? It is a retail key, I checked with command prompt and some commands I don't remember now....
  3. Retail license transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retail license transfer: Hi, I just changed to a completely different PC. I want my Windows 11 Pro license on the new one. What should I do? It is a retail key, I checked with command prompt and some commands I don't remember now....
  4. How to transfer retail license.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to transfer retail license.: Hello,So I have Win 10 retail license assigned to one of my microsoft accounts which I'm not using any more. Is there a way to transfer that license to a different account.Best Regards....
  5. How to transfer retail license.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer retail license.: Hello,So I have Win 10 retail license assigned to one my my microsft accounts which I'm not using it any more. Is there a way to transfer that license to a different account.Best Regards....
  6. How to transfer retail license.

How to transfer retail license.: Hello,So I have Win 10 retail license assigned to one my my microsft accounts which I'm not using it any more. Is there a way to transfer that license to a different account.Best Regards....
  7. Help transfering Windows Retail license to a newly built computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help transfering Windows Retail license to a newly built computer.: Hi, I had an old computer which started with Vista. I upgraded it to Windows 7 Pro Retail license came in CD around 6 years or so ago. When Windows 10 first came, I upgraded it to that. I remember, the mother board got broken around 2017 and I replaced it and was able to...
  8. Help transfering Windows Retail license to a newly built computer.

Help transfering Windows Retail license to a newly built computer.: Hi, I had an old computer which started with Vista. I upgraded it to Windows 7 Pro Retail license came in CD around 6 years or so ago. When Windows 10 first came, I upgraded it to that. I remember, the mother board got broken around 2017 and I replaced it and was able to...
  9. Transfer an OLD windows license Retail version to a newly purchased PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer an OLD windows license Retail version to a newly purchased PC: Hi I recently assembled a new PC and installed windows10 Pro. Presently the window is not activated. I have an OLD laptop purchased 6 years back with a windows 8.1 Now recently upgraded to windows10 single language. Surprisingly when I run the code slmgr /dli in old...
  10. Newly built computer restarts randomly HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Newly built computer restarts randomly HELP: I5-9600k Asus Prime z390a Radeon Red devil RX 5700XT G.skill Ripjaws DDR4 3200Mhz 2x8Gb ram 650W EVGA Bronze rated psu Gamdias C 2 fan radiator So i had an issue building this. When i first put it all together, it wouldn't post with both sticks of ram in the mobo, in...