Windows 10: HELP! Translucent Rectangle On My Desktop Visible in any application window; When hovering...

Discus and support HELP! Translucent Rectangle On My Desktop Visible in any application window; When hovering... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In this screenshot, at the very bottom right after ", 84 people found this reply helpful" there is an invisible nearly translucent box that I noticed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pondorosa, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Pondorosa Win User

HELP! Translucent Rectangle On My Desktop Visible in any application window; When hovering...

In this screenshot, at the very bottom right after ", 84 people found this reply helpful" there is an invisible nearly translucent box that I noticed a couple of days ago, that begins right before "Was this reply helpful? Yes " just before the "No". When I hover over the box with my mouse, the mouse icon goes from an arrow to a spinning wheel. It stays in a spinning wheel loop whenever the mouse is hovering over the invisible box and goes back to the&nbs

:)

Pondorosa, Dec 5, 2021
  2. johneric Win User

Translucent focus rectangle when hovering over selections

Whenever I point the mouse over something, be it desktop icons, mozilla buttons etc, I get this translucent focus. How do I get rid of it?

HELP! Translucent Rectangle On My Desktop Visible in any application window; When hovering... [​IMG]

johneric, Dec 5, 2021
  3. Translucent Selection Rectangle

When I do this:

system->advanced system settings->performance settings->un-check "show translucent selection rectangle"

My desktop shortcuts still show a "translucent selection rectangle". How can I stop getting a "translucent selection rectangle" when my pointer is over the shortcut?

Bob Woolston

Portland, OR

BobWoolston, Dec 5, 2021
  4. HELP! Translucent Rectangle On My Desktop Visible in any application window; When hovering...

Translucent Selection Rectangle

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to disabling the translucent selection rectangle on Desktop icons.

Based on my research, when you uncheck the box for Show translucent selection rectangle
    under System Properties, it will make the rectangle translucent that appears when drag the mouse and select multiple items on the
    Desktop.

However, the rectangle that shows up when you highlight a Desktop icon is to identify which icon is selected, and currently the option to disable that effect is not available in Windows 10, as it will become difficult to identify which icon is selected.

I would encourage you to provide a feedback using the Feedback
    Hub app
    on Windows 10, so that our engineering team can look into this and try to implement the feature in upcoming builds.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 5, 2021
Thema:

HELP! Translucent Rectangle On My Desktop Visible in any application window; When hovering...

1. HELP! Translucent Rectangle On My Desktop Visible in any application window; When hovering... - Similar Threads - HELP Translucent Rectangle

2. HELP! i have this small translucent rectangle box on the side of my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! i have this small translucent rectangle box on the side of my screen: HELP! i have this small translucent rectangle box on the side of my screen..it's in every app and it doesn't react to my mouse or anything..it's just there, also when i tried screenshotting it...it doesn't show up on the screenshot...
  3. HELP! i have this small translucent rectangle box on the side of my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! i have this small translucent rectangle box on the side of my screen: HELP! i have this small translucent rectangle box on the side of my screen..it's in every app and it doesn't react to my mouse or anything..it's just there, also when i tried screenshotting it...it doesn't show up on the screenshot...
  4. HELP! i have this small translucent rectangle box on the side of my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. HELP! Translucent Rectangle On My Desktop Visible in any application window; When hovering...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Translucent Rectangle On My Desktop Visible in any application window; When hovering...: In this screenshot, at the very bottom right after ", 84 people found this reply helpful" there is an invisible nearly translucent box that I noticed a couple of days ago, that begins right before "Was this reply helpful? Yes " just before the "No". When I hover over the box...
  6. HELP! Translucent Rectangle On My Desktop Visible in any application window; When hovering...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! Translucent Rectangle On My Desktop Visible in any application window; When hovering...: In this screenshot, at the very bottom right after ", 84 people found this reply helpful" there is an invisible nearly translucent box that I noticed a couple of days ago, that begins right before "Was this reply helpful? Yes " just before the "No". When I hover over the box...
  7. Translucent Selection Rectangle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Translucent Selection Rectangle: When I do this: system->advanced system settings->performance settings->un-check "show translucent selection rectangle" My desktop shortcuts still show a "translucent selection rectangle". How can I stop getting a "translucent selection rectangle" when my pointer is over...
  8. Translucent focus rectangle when hovering over selections

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Translucent focus rectangle when hovering over selections: Whenever I point the mouse over something, be it desktop icons, mozilla buttons etc, I get this translucent focus. How do I get rid of it? [img] 44252
  9. Turn On or Off Translucent Selection Rectangle on Desktop in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Translucent Selection Rectangle on Desktop in Windows: How to: Turn On or Off Translucent Selection Rectangle on Desktop in Windows How to Turn On or Off Translucent Selection Rectangle on Desktop in Windows The translucent selection rectangle is the box you see when you left click and hold, and then drag the pointer over...
  10. Change Color of Translucent Selection Rectangle in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Color of Translucent Selection Rectangle in Windows: How to: Change Color of Translucent Selection Rectangle in Windows How to Change Color of Translucent Selection Rectangle in Windows The translucent selection rectangle is the box you see when you left click and hold, and then drag the pointer over items to select them...