Windows 10: Help troubleshooting an issue with screens going blank

Discus and support Help troubleshooting an issue with screens going blank in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,I have a couple of Precision 3440 Small Form Factor's that users will be on and suddenly the screens go blank. The machine itself stays on and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chris Palominos, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Help troubleshooting an issue with screens going blank

Hello,I have a couple of Precision 3440 Small Form Factor's that users will be on and suddenly the screens go blank. The machine itself stays on and needs a hard shutdown before coming back up. I have looked at the event viewer for this and have found an Issue with a HID Compliant driver crashing. When I fixed this however the issue would still occur, when I went back into event viewer I saw that a NVIDA driver would stop responding and would be restarted by the system. Other than that I have no clue what to look into and would like some help/guidance on what else I could look at. I have even

:)

Chris Palominos, Jun 7, 2021
  2. zbook Win User
    zbook, Jun 7, 2021
  3. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Jun 7, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

Help troubleshooting an issue with screens going blank

zbook, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

Help troubleshooting an issue with screens going blank

1. Help troubleshooting an issue with screens going blank - Similar Threads - Help troubleshooting issue

2. Blank screen on power on, resisting troubleshooting!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen on power on, resisting troubleshooting!: The screen stays blank after power on. I can log in blindly, as I get the startup sound and a beep when resetting graphics drivers.Previously the screen turning on was intermittent, so I tried a virus scan, troubleshooting tools, graphics driver updates/reinstalls and finally...
  3. Blank screen on power on, resisting troubleshooting!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen on power on, resisting troubleshooting!: The screen stays blank after power on. I can log in blindly, as I get the startup sound and a beep when resetting graphics drivers.Previously the screen turning on was intermittent, so I tried a virus scan, troubleshooting tools, graphics driver updates/reinstalls and finally...
  4. Blank screen on power on, resisting troubleshooting!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen + blank troubleshooting. HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen + blank troubleshooting. HELP: When booting up, a black screen appears with no mouse or icons. It stays like this. I force restart a couple of times and enter troubleshooting. After there are two options: restart (which doesnt help) or advanced options. When clicking advanced options, im faced with a blank...
  6. Help! Blank screen!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help! Blank screen!: Hi everyone, Please help, any time I try to download an app on my laptop which has Windows 10, or add a mail account, or manage any fixes in my notification bar, I get a blank screen! Please see picture below where I’m trying to add my email to the mail account. All...
  7. Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors: Recently while working on my laptop, i encountered a disturbance on my screen. Later on when i tried to restart my system, login page appeared as i signed in the whole screen was covered in black. At first i thought it was a sudden shut down due to some error. but then i...
  8. Help troubleshooting audio issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help troubleshooting audio issue: Hey guys, I would like your help just to troubleshoot something related to audio on windows 10 (it happens on a desktop and laptop). I get some audio pops and crackles even though I tried everything to fix it. If you can, please follow the steps on the video ( it takes one...
  9. blank screen issue

blank screen issue: I enter my password on the lock screen and my screen goes blank with an error code 0xc0000005. It allows me to open the Task Manager and that’s it. Please, I need your help...
  10. Help troubleshoot BSOD issue

Help troubleshoot BSOD issue: Can someone assist me in figuring out why BSOD occurred? Dump file in the link below. https://easyupload.io/6w1219 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-troubleshoot-bsod-issue/48543861-a3e0-46be-aee5-283f7693c03d