Windows 10: Help Troubleshooting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

Discus and support Help Troubleshooting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can't seem to figure out what's causing these crashes. Generally the computer just freezes with no warning. Sometimes I get a BSOD. Sometimes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mike42069, Jun 13, 2024.

1. mike42069 Win User

Help Troubleshooting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

I can't seem to figure out what's causing these crashes. Generally the computer just freezes with no warning. Sometimes I get a BSOD. Sometimes the computer won't wake up from sleep. Crashes don't coincide with an increase in fan speed or high temps. Curiously, crashes never seem to occur when I have media going, either a video playing or a game running. This computer is not new and has been running smoothly for 3 years.Here is what I've tried:1. Analyzed minidump files. Here is a link to files: minidumps. The minidumps indicate a kernel failure. So based on searching for possible solutions I:

:)

mike42069, Jun 13, 2024

2. Random Freezes and BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

Hello Matt,

I regret for the inconvenience you are facing with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on your system. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to unplug all external devices connected to the system and restart the system to check if the issue persists.

Sometimes new hardware can cause blue screen errors. Since you recently added new hardware to your computer, shut down your system, unplug the new hardware, and then restart to check the status.

Many blue screen errors can be resolved by making sure that Windows is up to date. In the search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

I suggest you to Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps:

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search box from the desktop.
    • Select the Troubleshooting option.
    • Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance.
    • Click on Next to perform the
      System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

I also suggest you to follow the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Resolving Blue Screen errors in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 13, 2024
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Kristopher,

Usually, Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) with error message DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION is caused by a hardware issue or system file corruption. For us to isolate your concern, we need answers to the following:

• Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Does the issue occur when you're doing a specific activity?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you follow the steps on this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors.

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Jun 13, 2024
  4. Erdeslawe Win User

Erdeslawe, Jun 13, 2024
Thema:

1. Help Troubleshooting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD - Similar Threads - Help Troubleshooting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

2. Help troubleshooting a BSOD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help troubleshooting a BSOD?: Hi,I have been having random BSOD errors lately while gaming and could really use some help diagnosing what the issue is or finding a relevant error that points me in the right direction regarding the problem is or what hardware I should look at replacing, etc.The game I've...
  3. Help Troubleshooting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Troubleshooting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD: I can't seem to figure out what's causing these crashes. Generally the computer just freezes with no warning. Sometimes I get a BSOD. Sometimes the computer won't wake up from sleep. Crashes don't coincide with an increase in fan speed or high temps. Curiously, crashes never...
  4. Help Troubleshooting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Troubleshooting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD: I can't seem to figure out what's causing these crashes. Generally the computer just freezes with no warning. Sometimes I get a BSOD. Sometimes the computer won't wake up from sleep. Crashes don't coincide with an increase in fan speed or high temps. Curiously, crashes never...
  5. Help Troubleshooting BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Troubleshooting BSOD: I have a windows 11 homeA couple of weeks ago I started getting BSOD errors, now receiving a blue screen almost every two days. The error messages range from PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAKERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILUREand a couple of others which I can't remember. Before the...
  6. Help Troubleshooting BSOD

Help Troubleshooting BSOD: I have a windows 11 homeA couple of weeks ago I started getting BSOD errors, now receiving a blue screen almost every two days. The error messages range from PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAKERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILUREand a couple of others which I can't remember. Before the...
  7. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION -- Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION -- Help!: Hi friends,Been experiencing a pretty frequent BSOD with a DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION, and I've tried to narrow down why my computer seems to BSOD and here's what I can come up with.It seems to happen more often when I am copying files onto my external RAID enclosure, although I...
  8. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION -- Help!

BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION -- Help!: Hi friends,Been experiencing a pretty frequent BSOD with a DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION, and I've tried to narrow down why my computer seems to BSOD and here's what I can come up with.It seems to happen more often when I am copying files onto my external RAID enclosure, although I...
  9. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION -- Help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. BSOD "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" - Help Needed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" - Help Needed: For the past few months, my computer has been randomly freezing/BSODing and displaying the error "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". It typically happens when I'm playing a video game or watching a YouTube video, so I'm hoping it's not my graphics card giving out on me... But it also...