Windows 10: Help trying to split HDMI signal from PC to 2 TV screens

Discus and support Help trying to split HDMI signal from PC to 2 TV screens in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I want to be able to watch Youtube etc on my TVs so from reading in forums I learned to come out of the PC running 64 bit Windows 10 Pro v1903 out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nopeda, Jan 9, 2021.

1. nopeda Win User

Help trying to split HDMI signal from PC to 2 TV screens

Hi,

I want to be able to watch Youtube etc on my TVs so from reading in forums I learned to come out of the PC running 64 bit Windows 10 Pro v1903 out the DVI port using an adapter:

DVI-D Male 24+1 pin to HDMI Female 19-pin HD HDTV PC Monitor Display Adapter #13

and then a splitter:

1080P HDMI Port Male to 2Female 1 In 2 Out Splitter Cable Adapter Converter Home

I couldn't get a signal to the TVs which frustrated the hell out of me for a while but then after removing the splitter and only using one cable it works great, but only for 1 TV. Does it sound like the splitter is defective, or the wrong type, or...??? Can anyone explain what's wrong and how to get the signal to go to 2 TVs? I know it doesn't carry audio but have that worked out just going for video signal here.

Thank you for any help!

David
    Maine, USA

:)

nopeda, Jan 9, 2021

2. No signal when connecting PC to TV with HDMI

Hi there,

I quite fancy playing my PC games on my TV screen and have connected the two via a 2 metre HDMI cable but there is no signal being received on the TV.

The TV is a Samsung LED UE39F5300AK and seems to 'think' something is connected as the corresponding HDMI port is highlighted when cycling through the AV connections but just displays a 'No Signal' message when selected. I originally connected via a HDMI
    switch (I have too many HD devices and not enough ports on the TV) but, as these can block the HDTV's EDID signal, I connected directly to the TV but still no picture. I've also tried a different HDMI port on the TV and tested the HDMI cable I'm using on another
    device.

I'm running Windows 10 Home which is up to date as is the display adapter driver for my NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 video card. According to my BIOS the Primary Graphics Adapter is set to PCI Express. I have also tried using the Windows Hardware and devices troubleshooter
    but this made no difference.

I'm not sure if the problem is being caused by Windows or the graphics card (which does appear to be working fine otherwise) so I have posted a similar question on NVIDIA's GeForce forum but, as yet, have not found a solution. Any advice would be most
    welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Richard S Morrison, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Szark Win User
    4K60 signal to TV over HDMI problem

Hello!

I'm trying to connect my new PC with a LG TV (49UF7077), but the TV keeps saying "no signal" no matter what I try. The TV sees that something is connected though. And the Geforce control panel quickly and correctly finds the TV and its native resolution and other options. Windows correctly allows extended desktop and other options. I'm using the latest Windows 10 Home and an EVGA GTX 1070 with the latest driver, and checked and controlled new HDMI cable.

What I've tried:
    * restarting everything
    * resetting the TV
    * trying different HDMI ports (although this TV clearly has one certain one which is "the right one" in terms of color support)
    * disabling "hdmi ultra deep color" (something which the TV suggests as a fix)
    * outputting to TV only (I also have the regular monitor on the DVI port)
    * lower resolutions (as if the hardware wouldn't support 4K60)
    * connecting a low end Windows 10 laptop using the same cable - WORKS!
    * contacting LG support (they couldn't give a solution)

Any ideas?

Szark, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Hdmi TV no signal

Thank you for the update and sorry for the delayed response. To isolate the issue, try connecting the cable to other ports or use a different HDMI cable and see if it will work. If not, try following these steps to check output settings and see if it will
    resolve the issue:

• On your desktop, right-click on a blank space and select Personalize.
    • Click System then select Display.
    • Check if you can see the TV as second monitor.
    • If not, click Windows key + P.
    • Select Duplicate.
    • If the duplicate option is not applicable, select Extend instead.
    • After that, repeat steps 1 to 3 again and see if the TV is now detected.

Get back to us with so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Help trying to split HDMI signal from PC to 2 TV screens - Similar Threads - Help trying split

2. pc no hdmi signal on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc no hdmi signal on boot: after getting an black screen my pc is not booting my ram and c drive works 100% percent because im using an differant computer with it can some one help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-no-hdmi-signal-on-boot/a56a365f-d813-42e0-a635-b9ce38bdec94
  3. need help with HDMI from laptop to tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help with HDMI from laptop to tv: since I got my laptop Gateway model: GWTN156-2BK back in 2020 I've been connecting it to my tv, for better audio and bigger screens unless playing a game that requires the keyboard...lol but recently i get this message: no signal insert hdmi # check if the source device is...
  4. need help with HDMI from laptop to tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help with HDMI from laptop to tv: since I got my laptop Gateway model: GWTN156-2BK back in 2020 I've been connecting it to my tv, for better audio and bigger screens unless playing a game that requires the keyboard...lol but recently i get this message: no signal insert hdmi # check if the source device is...
  5. Tv connected to pc as monitor no hdmi signal after factori reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tv connected to pc as monitor no hdmi signal after factori reset: Hi, i have a pc and i connected The tv as monitor because i dont own a monitor then i did a factory reset Reset this PC option and then îs saying me no hdmi signal, it dont allow me to look at reset menu from tv and now my tv is blocked on this screen and i cant do anything...
  6. Tv connected to pc as monitor no hdmi signal after factori reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tv connected to pc as monitor no hdmi signal after factori reset: Hi, i have a pc and i connected The tv as monitor because i dont own a monitor then i did a factory reset Reset this PC option and then îs saying me no hdmi signal, it dont allow me to look at reset menu from tv and now my tv is blocked on this screen and i cant do anything...
  7. Tv connected to pc as monitor no hdmi signal after factori reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Help trying to split HDMI signal from PC to 2 TV screens

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Help trying to split HDMI signal from PC to 2 TV screens: Hi, I want to be able to watch Youtube etc on my TVs so from reading in forums I learned to come out of the PC running 64 bit Windows 10 Pro v1903 out the DVI port using an adapter: DVI-D Male 24+1 pin to HDMI Female 19-pin HD HDTV PC Monitor Display Adapter #13 and then a...
  9. HDMI laptop to TV - No Signal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI laptop to TV - No Signal: I have a HP envy J140-na laptop. Specs: Core i5 4th gen, 8gb ram, Nvidia GeForce 840M 2gb graphics card, Intel HD 4600 onboard graphics,Windows 10 x64. I am trying to connect my laptop to a full hd HDTV, using HDMI cable, but the TV shows no signal, no picture or audio at...
  10. 4K60 signal to TV over HDMI problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4K60 signal to TV over HDMI problem: Hello! I'm trying to connect my new PC with a LG TV (49UF7077), but the TV keeps saying "no signal" no matter what I try. The TV sees that something is connected though. And the Geforce control panel quickly and correctly finds the TV and its native resolution and other...