Windows 10: HELP!!! UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot

Discus and support HELP!!! UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had freshly installed windows 10 in my hp 15-be020tu notebook . Before installing iso in uefi mode ,i had install windows 10 in legacy mode and that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by albinjoy, Oct 18, 2020.

1. albinjoy Win User

HELP!!! UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot

I had freshly installed windows 10 in my hp 15-be020tu notebook . Before installing iso in uefi mode ,i had install windows 10 in legacy mode and that was atleast booting a bit faster and apps were working faster . But when i shifted to uefi mode my laptop started to boot slower than legacy boot . And when i start to use any application ,it stucked for few seconds. I even had removed the unwanted bloatware applications and disabled all startup apps which was not necessary and services even then it is booting slowing and not working faster like legacy.

I have installed the latest bios version. My motherboard name is insyde 81eb bios version is f.49 .pls help me

:)

albinjoy, Oct 18, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

UEFI vs Legacy boot mode

I just found out I'm running at "Legacy" boot mode.
    Are there any downsides running my Skylake system in "Legacy" boot mode?

I don't really want to reinstall windows.
    Also I have no problems with my SSD, speeds are as they should be.

Just booting up my system takes some time, maybe it just would be faster booting with UEFI?
    My Asus Gaming laptop is booting up faster.
    If thats the main difference *Oh Well HELP!!!  UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot :eek:hwell:

P4-630, Oct 18, 2020
  3. UEFI vs Legacy boot mode

I recommend you stick with legacy install instead to avoid any compatibility problem hardware or software. Uefi have the speed advantage for boot up but I don't find it to be a good trade-off for the compatibility problems that appeared. Secure boot for uefi is a pain if you decide to install multiple os as the other os is "locked" out. I used uefi for my previous install it is a lengthy install selecting the correct bios setting without borking the install. I'll move to uefi if I don't have a need for multiple os or legacy things. So far I seem to need it.

MIRTAZAPINE, Oct 18, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

UEFI vs Legacy boot mode

It's just the boot time, not so fast, my asus g750 is booting faster *Oh Well HELP!!!  UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot :eek:hwell:
    Ok so besides secure boot, and a bit slower boot, I don't miss out on anything else then.*Smile HELP!!!  UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot :)

Thanks.

P4-630, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. HELP!!! UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot - Similar Threads - HELP UEFI boot

2. Cannot switch to UEFI from Legacy boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot switch to UEFI from Legacy boot: I have an Acer Aspire E5-575G and was using the new PC Health Check application by Microsoft which has the new option to check if my computer is compatible for Windows 11. It's not, and it mentions the problem is that Secure Boot is not enabled.When I try to switch in BIOS...
  3. Legacy Boot vs Standard Boot in Windows 10 UEFI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Legacy Boot vs Standard Boot in Windows 10 UEFI: In a device UEFI with two Windows 10 installations one clear the other bitlocker encrypted I noticed a difference in the boot sequence and boot time if the boot is changed from standard to legacy using bcdedit.With standard boot you have the new graphics and the boot sequence...
  4. Legacy or uefi boot?

Legacy or uefi boot?: I tried reinstalling windows again onto my hdd because i moved my linux distro from that hdd onto my main ssd. the ssd booted originally i belive with legacy mode, but with the hdd bootting with the new installi gets stuck in "getting ready" I believe the bios used to be...
  5. Legacy or uefi boot?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Legacy or uefi boot?: I tried reinstalling windows again onto my hdd because i moved my linux distro from that hdd onto my main ssd. the ssd booted originally i belive with legacy mode, but with the hdd bootting with the new installi gets stuck in "getting ready" I believe the bios used to be...
  6. HELP!!! UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot

HELP!!! UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot: HELP!!! UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot I had freshly installed windows 10 in my hp 15-be020tu notebook . Before installing iso in uefi mode ,i had install windows 10 in legacy mode and that was atleast booting a bit faster and apps were working faster . But when i...
  7. Error Legacy Boot of UEFI Media

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error Legacy Boot of UEFI Media: I need to install windows on my laptop and this screen popped up when I tried to boot it from a USB. I looked up how to fix this error but I don’t know how to safely exit this screen and get back to my desktop. Would greatly appreciate any help! [IMG]...
  8. UEFI versus Legacy Boot

UEFI versus Legacy Boot: I just purchased a refurbished PC that I an very happy with but I would like to know how to have this PC use the Legacy Boot rather than the UEFI. Is this a realistic possibility? I would like to multi-boot Windows 10 Pro with Ubuntu 18.04. It looks as if it is a simple...
  9. Notebook boots in Legacy not UEFI

Notebook boots in Legacy not UEFI: HI, I have been problem in My Notebook pavilion AB-029TX , So i decided to clean install windows. I downloaded Media Creation and created ISO then using rufus I created bootable USB, Here Something happened I inserted USB then in BIOS menu it wasn't showing us so I changed...
  10. Need help in changing BIOS settings from legacy boot to UEFI boot.

Need help in changing BIOS settings from legacy boot to UEFI boot.: After running MBR2GPT on my system with a successful completion, I realized that I don't know how to change the BIOS from legacy to UEFI, resulting in the inability to boot the GPT'ed system. I was running Windows 10 Creator on an MBR system using an MSI H61M-E23 (version 2)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after converting legacy to uefi pc become slow

2. uefi boot slower than legacy

3. uefi boot is very slow. should i reinstall windows using legacy?