Windows 10: Help, Unable to delete WindowsApp folder

Discus and support Help, Unable to delete WindowsApp folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This issue has plague me ever since I started using Microsoft Store Apps and Xbox on Windows 10 I wasn't able to make any changes to the folder even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ReMiKU, Nov 16, 2021.

1. ReMiKU Win User

Help, Unable to delete WindowsApp folder

This issue has plague me ever since I started using Microsoft Store Apps and Xbox on Windows 10 I wasn't able to make any changes to the folder even after taking over ownership/removing trusted seller/everyone aside from myself/giving full control to everyone/myself/admin/tempering via administrator command prompt/changing permission in the regedit for all HKEY which in turn denied me access to explorer.exe, nothing seems to work!now I upgraded to Windows 11 since regedit messed up everything. I searched every forum, watched tutorials the methods that should work doesn't seem to work for me...

:)

ReMiKU, Nov 16, 2021

2. Unable to Delete WindowsApps Folder

Hi.

So I have a problem here with the WindowsApps folder.

Long story short, I've bought Forza Horizon 5 which could already be played today. Since Microsoft Store default location is in C:/, I changed the directory to D:/ in Setting - Storage - Where the content is saved because I don't have enough space in C:/

Now here is the problem: The first time it successfully downloaded and I could played it normally. I decided to reboot my system because I need to update my graphics driver and BAM! Microsoft Store and XBOX app still listed it as installed but whenever I tried to play it now it says the game is missing. Ms Store recommends me to "repair" the game by redownloading it, but now it gives me error 0x80070003 which is "The system cannot find the path specified".

Tried to find the solution everywhere but no avail, I decided to uninstall the game from the Ms Store, now listed as uninstalled, but the disk space isn't recovered.

The WindowsApps folder in D:/ still has 110GB files in it, and whenever I tried to delete it Windows denied me. Now I know that this folder isn't owned by me so I decided to take ownership it. Done but I still can't delete the folder. Maybe I need more permission? So I decided to give myself full permission setting. Now here is the problem: Setting permission of the folder gives me the same error message as the first said that "The system cannot find the path specified". WTF???

Already tried other method such as running cmd as System using psexec, trying to delete the folder from Ubuntu, trying to compress them using WinRaR or WinZip but no avail at all. All of them either said Permission Denied or the System cannot find the path specified.

How am I supposed to delete this folder then? The game already uninstalled, but I didn't get back my SSD space.

Here are some of the screenshots of my useless effort:

Help, Unable to delete WindowsApp folder [​IMG]

My Windows is 20H2 19042.870

Akip Tsaqif, Nov 16, 2021
  3. Unable to Delete WindowsApps Folder

I mean the permission screenshot.

Well, I have too frustrated right now so I decided to just format the drive. It solves the main problem about the undeletable WindowsApps folder. But I still can't set my D:/ drive as my new Microsoft Store storage with the same error code as before, even though the drive is already fully formatted. Here is the new screenshots:

Akip Tsaqif, Nov 16, 2021
  4. steve108 Win User

steve108, Nov 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Help, Unable to delete WindowsApp folder - Similar Threads - Help Unable delete

2. Unable to delete 'WindowsApps' folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete 'WindowsApps' folder: I used to use the desktop Xbox app. I no longer do and it has left a 25GB folder on my drive that I can't delete. I've taken ownership of the folder, which was a hastle in the first place, but now even after taking ownership I can't delete it or it's contents. I've tried...
  3. Unable to delete 'WindowsApps' folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete 'WindowsApps' folder: I used to use the desktop Xbox app. I no longer do and it has left a 25GB folder on my drive that I can't delete. I've taken ownership of the folder, which was a hastle in the first place, but now even after taking ownership I can't delete it or it's contents. I've tried...
  4. Unable to delete 'WindowsApps' folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to delete/edit WindowsApps folder on an external SSD

Unable to delete/edit WindowsApps folder on an external SSD: Issue:I have an external hard drive with a WindowsApps folder on it and I want to modify its contents, or, if that is not possible, delete it outright. I am running Windows 10 version 10.0.19044 Build 19044.Currently, when I attempt to open the WindowsApps folder on the...
  6. Unable to delete/edit WindowsApps folder on an external SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete/edit WindowsApps folder on an external SSD: Issue:I have an external hard drive with a WindowsApps folder on it and I want to modify its contents, or, if that is not possible, delete it outright. I am running Windows 10 version 10.0.19044 Build 19044.Currently, when I attempt to open the WindowsApps folder on the...
  7. Unable to delete/edit WindowsApps folder on an external SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Help, Unable to delete WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help, Unable to delete WindowsApp folder: This issue has plague me ever since I started using Microsoft Store Apps and Xbox on Windows 10 I wasn't able to make any changes to the folder even after taking over ownership/removing trusted seller/everyone aside from myself/giving full control to...
  9. Unable to delete unused WindowsApps folder

Unable to delete unused WindowsApps folder: I downloaded a game from Microsoft Store to an external SSD and ended up needing to move it to an internal HDD to get it to run. I used the Apps and Features options to move the game. It successfully moved it to the HDD, but it left a copy of all of the game files in a...
  10. Unknown file in WindowsApp folder - unable to delete

Unknown file in WindowsApp folder - unable to delete: Hello, after having issues cleaning my windowsApp folder, il discovered inside it another folder called MSIXVC, with inside, a gigantic 54.8Go file called " A23B7721-871B-4AD0-805D-C50F8EAA5363 " , and it's just a file, no extensions, nothing. It's surely a game or a...