Windows 10: Help! Unable to have Light Mode and still have the colour in the taskbar

Discus and support Help! Unable to have Light Mode and still have the colour in the taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know what I've done to my Win10 system but for some reason, I can only choose to have a colour on my taskbar if I have dark mode selected. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MartinSouthin, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Help! Unable to have Light Mode and still have the colour in the taskbar

I don't know what I've done to my Win10 system but for some reason, I can only choose to have a colour on my taskbar if I have dark mode selected.

I had it with light mode before so I have clearly done something but I don't know what!

Here is what happens when it's in Light Mode - you can see the "Start, taskbar and action centre" option is greyed out and my taskbar is a horrible grey!!

How do I fix this??

Help! Unable to have Light Mode and still have the colour in the taskbar [​IMG]

:)

MartinSouthin, Apr 26, 2020
  2. john3650 Win User

Taskbar colour

Since the 1903 update, my taskbar is a light colour. I have been to settings, colour, but the 'start menu, taskbar, action center' box is greyed out.
    If I change main colour to dark then all folders go dark. I only want a dark taskbar.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thank you.

john3650, Apr 26, 2020
  3. changing the notification lights colours HELP!!!

Can one very kind person please give me a step by step guide (for dummies) on how I can make my notification lights different colours

(I seen on another forum that they have theirs like police lights which is awesome!)

thanks A LOT

TheGameChuck, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Martmcd Win User

Help! Unable to have Light Mode and still have the colour in the taskbar

Touch keyboard colour change

Hi TonkaR1

this is part of the new windows light mode, you can choose dark mode for windows and light mode for apps, this will make the keyboard, taskbar, start, action centre dark and leave the apps light, you can then choose an accent colour to show on start, taskbar
    etc.

settings -> personalisation -> colours

under "choose your default windows mode"

select Dark

under "choose your default app mode"

select light

if you want your taskbar etc to be a different colour

choose an accent colour then tick the box to show the accent colour on start, taskbar and action centre

Martmcd, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Help! Unable to have Light Mode and still have the colour in the taskbar

1. Help! Unable to have Light Mode and still have the colour in the taskbar - Similar Threads - Help Unable Light

2. Are you still not allowed to have a black 0,0,0 taskbar in light mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are you still not allowed to have a black 0,0,0 taskbar in light mode?: Im still running 1809 literally only because in 1909+ i cant have a black taskbar IN LIGHT MODE. I want light mode, im not going to change from light mode. Me having a black taskbar in light mode does not end the world, so why is there an arbitrary limit? I would love to keep...
  3. Are you still not allowed to have a black 0,0,0 taskbar in light mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are you still not allowed to have a black 0,0,0 taskbar in light mode?: Im still running 1809 literally only because in 1909+ i cant have a black taskbar IN LIGHT MODE. I want light mode, im not going to change from light mode. Me having a black taskbar in light mode does not end the world, so why is there an arbitrary limit? I would love to keep...
  4. Are you still not allowed to have a black 0,0,0 taskbar in light mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. So what is the reason for not being able to have a black taskbar on light mode?

So what is the reason for not being able to have a black taskbar on light mode?: Like you can have that in 1809, so why not in 1903+? Why is the lowest you can go in light mode 15,15,15 or whatever it is? Someone had to program it so you cant, if i remember correctly, go under a combined RGB value of 45. Who, and why, decided this was a good idea?If you...
  6. unable to select taskbar colour?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to select taskbar colour?: I have previously always have had a custom chosen pinky Rose colour for my taskbar, After shutting down for the night, the next day the task bar was Black with white icons? I have followed every suggested trial provided by Windows support without any success?No matter what I...
  7. unable to select taskbar colour?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to select taskbar colour?: I have previously always have had a custom chosen pinky Rose colour for my taskbar, After shutting down for the night, the next day the task bar was Black with white icons? I have followed every suggested trial provided by Windows support without any success?No matter what I...
  8. unable to select taskbar colour?

9. Unable to change colour of taskbar

Unable to change colour of taskbar: My taskbar suddenly changed to grey this morning?? I have tried to change it back to the greeny-blue it was but I am unable to do this, even if I follow the instructions given by Bing/microsoft. I have tried all sorts of display adjustments that I am able to change but...
  10. Changing Theme reverts to Light Colour taskbar

Changing Theme reverts to Light Colour taskbar: version 1903 (18362.10006). After upgrading to this version, when changing theme, it defaults colour to "Light" . It used to be "Custom" with Windows Mode "Dark" or whatever my preference was. But now it does not keep this when I change the theme....