Windows 10: HELP! Unable to install Windows 10 to M.2 SSD

Discus and support HELP! Unable to install Windows 10 to M.2 SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just built a new pc with a new M.2 SSD in the PCI-e slot and set it as Boot Priority in the BIOS. I have another new HDD installed. When trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by scopio, Jan 23, 2019.

1. scopio Win User

HELP! Unable to install Windows 10 to M.2 SSD

Just built a new pc with a new M.2 SSD in the PCI-e slot and
    set it as Boot Priority in the BIOS. I have another new HDD installed. When
    trying to install Windows for the first time on the M.2 SSD and Windows asks
    where to install, the HDD shows as Drive 0 and the M.2 SSD as Drive 1. I chose
    the M.2 SSD bur I get the message “We couldn’t create a new partition or locate
    an existing one, see the setup log files”.*Mad
    Disconnected the DATA cable from the HDD to see if the SSD
    would then be shown as Drive 0 but it does not. Tried to install Windows again
    to the SSD by pressing New but I get the same result.

What am I doing wrong and how can I install Windows to the
    new M.2 SSD?*Rolleyes

Just found out that I had to change in CSM "Boot from PCI-E Expansion Drives" from Legacy to UEFI First. *Redface

:)

scopio, Jan 23, 2019
  2. DarkEstra Win User

unable to install windows on M.2

Hello
    i have m.2 960 evo installed on Gigabyte z270-Ultra Gaming
    so i did the AHCI thingy from the bios
    and it detect the m.2
    but when i try to install windows
    it reachs to the page where i should make partition and start installing
    it says u unable to install windows on this partition and i should enable m.2 from bios
    tried the UEFI and legacy
    nothing happend
    so what is the solution here

DarkEstra, Jan 23, 2019
  3. BUG
    bug Win User
  4. Jefrison Win User

M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

Hi, In my pc M.2 SSD with Windows 10 OS is listed as Disk 1 and not as Disk 0 in Disk Management. Also, the same drive is listed as Removable devices which is actually internal SSD.

Can anybody help me resolve this, please?

Jefrison, Jan 23, 2019
Thema:

1. HELP! Unable to install Windows 10 to M.2 SSD - Similar Threads - HELP Unable install

2. How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?: Ive got a problem. Ive currently got 1 SSD operational with around 450 GB. However, i've got 1 other SSD Which is unallocated and I dont know how to activate it and an M.2 which isnt even showing up. Not only that but I can now figure out the Disk Manager....
  3. How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?: Ive got a problem. Ive currently got 1 SSD operational with around 450 GB. However, i've got 1 other SSD Which is unallocated and I dont know how to activate it and an M.2 which isnt even showing up. Not only that but I can now figure out the Disk Manager....
  4. Cannot install M.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install M.2 ssd: Im trying to install a 1tb Cruciual PCIe 3.0 NVME M.2 SSD drive into my HP 225 G7 Notebook. I created a flashable usb using the media creator yet whenever i try to install windows no drives are found. Running the diskpart command only shows my usb stick. Any ideas?...
  5. Cannot install M.2 ssd

Cannot install M.2 ssd: Im trying to install a 1tb Cruciual PCIe 3.0 NVME M.2 SSD drive into my HP 225 G7 Notebook. I created a flashable usb using the media creator yet whenever i try to install windows no drives are found. Running the diskpart command only shows my usb stick. Any ideas?...
  6. Cannot install M.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Unable to install Windows 11 on ORICO M.2 SSD 128GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Windows 11 on ORICO M.2 SSD 128GB: Hi:I am trying to install win11 on ORICO M.2 SSD 128GB.I got this message. I converted the ssd to GPT but still getting this message.==================================================================================================I tried cloning OS using AOMEI Backupper and...
  8. Unable to install Windows 11 on ORICO M.2 SSD 128GB

Unable to install Windows 11 on ORICO M.2 SSD 128GB: Hi:I am trying to install win11 on ORICO M.2 SSD 128GB.I got this message. I converted the ssd to GPT but still getting this message.==================================================================================================I tried cloning OS using AOMEI Backupper and...
  9. Windows 10 install on new m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 install on new m.2 ssd: Hi, i already have licensed windows 10 on hdd, so i just bought a new m.2 ssd to improve the performance. The question is if i do a clean install of windows on the ssd using the usb drive, what will happen to the windows on the hdd? Can i enter the same key or do i have to...
  10. Windows 10 installation on m.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 installation on m.2 nvme ssd: Hi I am trying to install microsoft windows as a second OS on my brand new PC with M/B: Gigabyte z390 UD and M.2 nvme SSD. This is the only drive installed and it seems that windows cannot detect any drives on my computer, however fedora linux as well as any other works...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 unable to install on ssd

2. unable to install windows 10 on m.2 ssd drive

3. unable to read m.2 ssd win 10

4. ssd m.2 cannot install windows,
  5. windows 10 installation bsod m.2 ssd,
  6. windows 10 to m.2,
  7. windows 10 unable to deteect m.2