Windows 10: HELP! Unable to start Windows 10, cannot access boot menu or BIOS menu, out of options!

Discus and support HELP! Unable to start Windows 10, cannot access boot menu or BIOS menu, out of options! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HELP! Can't start Windows 10, cannot access boot menu or BIOS, out of options! I booted up my PC this afternoon, and the computer didn't start up. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by driian.h, Jan 10, 2019.

1. driian.h Win User

HELP! Unable to start Windows 10, cannot access boot menu or BIOS menu, out of options!

HELP! Can't start Windows 10, cannot access boot menu or BIOS, out of options!

I booted up my PC this afternoon, and the computer didn't start up. It normally shows the manufacturer, and goes onto a login menu. Instead of the login, it shows a red window saying: "Secure boot violation...". I pressed okay and got the following message: "Reboot and select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key".

I restarted my computer and tried to open the boot menu to start in safe mode. It shows a blue menu displaying the only choice "Windows Boot Manager". I clicked it and it showed the same red box again, "Secure boot violation...". After pressing OK, it says "Reboot and select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key", once agan. I opened the BIOS menu, and the same red box appears with the prompt.

I've tried looking online for solutions, but none work. I can't think of anything else to do, I need some help.

Thank you in advance.

:)

driian.h, Jan 10, 2019
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

4. Jetster Win User

HELP! Unable to start Windows 10, cannot access boot menu or BIOS menu, out of options!

Jetster, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

1. HELP! Unable to start Windows 10, cannot access boot menu or BIOS menu, out of options! - Similar Threads - HELP Unable start

2. Unable to access windows 11 start menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access windows 11 start menu.: Hi Team,i updated Windows 10 to windows 11 Build 22H2. now, im not able to access start menu and search. when i click the windows start button or search button. the button looks like clicked. please help on this Thanks!...
  3. Unable to access the Windows Start Up Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to access the Windows Start Up Menu: I have a colleague and he is unable to access the Windows Start Up Menu. When he clicks on the icon, the pop up window doesn't appear. I have already restarted the Windows Explorer from Task Manager and done the command prompt "SFC / scannow" in CMD, updated the registry...
  4. Unable to access Start Menu and Taskbar

Unable to access Start Menu and Taskbar: I searched for answers to this question on the forum, and found some answers, but none of them worked for me. So I am posting now hoping someone can provide me some sort of assistance. I have an HP touchscreen laptop I bought last year and I upgraded from Windows 7 to...
  5. Cannot enter BIOS and/or boot menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot enter BIOS and/or boot menu: Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone can help me with a little situation that I'm having... So I want to do a complete fresh install of Windows 10, but I'm having major difficulties. I have used the Windows Media Creation Tool to make my bootable Windows 10 USB but I...
  6. Unable to Boot into UEFI BIOS Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Boot into UEFI BIOS Menu: Recently I wanted to install a Virtual Machine onto my computer, which for my VM requires me to change a setting in the UEFI BIOS menu for it to work. When i tried to load into the UEFI menu, with Settings->Update and Security->Recovery->Advanced Start-up->Restart Now and...
  7. Unable to Boot to BIOS Menu on Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to Boot to BIOS Menu on Toshiba Laptop: Hello there I have an issue with not being able to boot my Toshiba Laptop to a repair DVD or a USB recovery drive. I have recently created both from the laptop and am trying to test them. I am unable to get the laptop to boot into the BIOS menu. I have tried the following:...
  8. Accessing BIOS menu

Accessing BIOS menu: How do I access the BIOS menu when none of the keys at the blue logon screen will function to get to the BIOS? I have also tried going through the Recovery and restart mode in Settings under Update and Security but there is no option to change the UEFI firmware (as my disk is...
  9. Cannot access Bios or Boot Menu during startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access Bios or Boot Menu during startup: I'm using a Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H motherboard and installed some DVD drives to rip music off of CDs. Doing so, the boot order got messed up and I was unable to get to the Boot Menu (F12 key) or the Bios (using the delete key). I tried a wired USB keyboard and tried using the...
  10. Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu: Belarc reports UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. P11-B2 Operating System: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1511 (build 10586.494) Installed: 4/27/2016 5:58:22 AM Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB) Boot Mode: UEFI with successful Secure Boot. This is my brother’s computer:...