Windows 10: Help undoing these commands entered at command prompt

Discus and support Help undoing these commands entered at command prompt in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I was talking with PC Matic tech support who were trying to troubleshoot a problem I was having. They had me run some commands that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ysXeon, Oct 12, 2019.

1. ysXeon Win User

Help undoing these commands entered at command prompt

Hello everyone.

I was talking with PC Matic tech support who were trying to troubleshoot a problem I was having. They had me run some commands that totally crippled Windows Defender. It did not fix the problem and now they are not being helpful in assisting me to undo these things they had me do to my system.

These are the commands they had me enter:

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v DisableAntiSpyware /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Real-Time Protection" /v DisableBehaviorMonitoring /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Real-Time Protection" /v DisableOnAccessProtection /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Real-Time Protection" /v DisableScanOnRealtimeEnable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System" /v enableSmartScreen /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\PhishingFilter" /v EnabledV9 /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppHost" /v EnableWebContentEvaluation /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppHost" /v PreventOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Now, I don't know much about these commands but just from looking at them I have to wonder if I could reverse these changes by entering the same commands again but replacing the '0's with '1's and the '1's with '0's. I don't want to mess things up further so I am seeking your assistance here.

:)

ysXeon, Oct 12, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Oct 12, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Help undoing these commands entered at command prompt :)

Thema:

1. Help undoing these commands entered at command prompt - Similar Threads - Help undoing commands

2. How to undo a Command in the Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to undo a Command in the Command Prompt?: Hello Microsoft community,I have a big problem in my Windows 10 Pro, I wrote something wrong in the Command Prompt idk How to write in english and when I try tô do any actions that restart the notebook or turn It of, the spinning thing doesnt appear and It never...
  3. How to undo a Command in the Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to undo a Command in the Command Prompt?: Hello Microsoft community,I have a big problem in my Windows 10 Pro, I wrote something wrong in the Command Prompt idk How to write in english and when I try tô do any actions that restart the notebook or turn It of, the spinning thing doesnt appear and It never...
  4. Help with command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with command prompt: Someone stopped responding to me on another question so I need an answer quick. I was following a guide in a thread and got stuck after I booted with usb. I’m at a part where I’m in the command prompt and need to enter my user and the net user command but I really have no...
  5. Help with command prompt

Help with command prompt: Someone stopped responding to me on another question so I need an answer quick. I was following a guide in a thread and got stuck after I booted with usb. I’m at a part where I’m in the command prompt and need to enter my user and the net user command but I really have no...
  6. Help with command prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command: Hi. I need hlepWhenever I use Command Prompt for the shutdown /m command, it doesn't work. When I put in my own device name, it actually works. But when I am shutting down another laptop, it doesn't work. It always says this,The entered computer name is not valid or remote...
  8. Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command

Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command: Hi. I need hlepWhenever I use Command Prompt for the shutdown /m command, it doesn't work. When I put in my own device name, it actually works. But when I am shutting down another laptop, it doesn't work. It always says this,The entered computer name is not valid or remote...
  9. command prompt commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    command prompt commands: Can anybody just tell me what the command prompt for starting up in safe mode with networking is, if there is one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/command-prompt-commands/7b058934-65f0-40dc-8982-936764895a61
  10. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240