Windows 10: Help. Uninstalled Samsung Nvme 960 driver. Now can’t boot to windows

Discus and support Help. Uninstalled Samsung Nvme 960 driver. Now can’t boot to windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I was trying to update my NVMe 960 driver to the latest version 3.3. When I downloaded the exe file from Samsung site .. I clicked on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Enycer2020, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Help. Uninstalled Samsung Nvme 960 driver. Now can’t boot to windows

Hello. I was trying to update my NVMe 960 driver to the latest version 3.3. When I downloaded the exe file from Samsung site .. I clicked on the uninstall option and rebooted my pc. Since my OS is installed on that NVME.. I can no longer boot up to windows 10. instead it takes me to some blue setup scree menu where I can reinstall Windows, use command prompt, system restore etc..

I should of never uninstalled but thought I needed to do that before I install the new driver version.

Is their anyway I can install the .exe driver file via command prompt or am I out of luck and have to reinstall my entire pc

:)

Enycer2020, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Cr00zng Win User

Samsung 960 EVO NVMe performance...

I've tested and I know, now, you will too... *chuckle

Test result for the "C" drive in PE, with just Windows drivers:

Help. Uninstalled Samsung Nvme 960 driver. Now can’t boot to windows [​IMG]

And here's the result for the "D" drive:

In general, the performance differences between the two drives are the same as previously; not the values, just the difference between the two drive. Keep in mind that the test in PE did not have the Samsung NVMe driver. The MS NVME driver is pretty good, it seems....

The next test would be swapping the drives, but I am not going there. One of the reason is that the "C" drive has a heatsink attached to it that came with the MB built-in. The other is that the results might be the same; in another word, the current performance difference would still be there, And that would be either the drive in itself, or the MB; neither of them will be changed for a 100MB/s performance difference. Besides...

I tend to side with PolarNettles... Once the 50GBs data is dumped to the "E" drive, the chances are that its throughput performance will be similar/same as the "C" drive.

Nonetheless, I do appreciate your suggestions/guidance, thanks...

Cr00zng, Apr 7, 2020
  3. swarfega Win User

These two screenshots show today's test and the day I got it. I've not seen that high number since then.

swarfega, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Cr00zng Win User

Help. Uninstalled Samsung Nvme 960 driver. Now can’t boot to windows

My new system is based on the Asus Prime Z370-A MB, that has two PCIe (x4), M.2_1 and M.2_2. Both of the sockets are populated with Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250 GB M.2 cards.

Windows 10 setup had selected the M.2_1 drive and installed without any issues. Windows 10 is up to date, including the patch released today, and Samsung NVMe driver installed.

Checking the performance of the "C" drive with CrystalDisk looks good:

Well, until the other NVMe drive is checked that is:

In every category, the "E" drive performs better than the the "C" drive, especially in write performance , and it puzzles me.

The only difference visible between the two is the used space; "C" has 47 while "E" has 7GBs used space.

Could the disk space utilization be responsible for the different performance, or the "C" drive came with some slight factory fault(s)?

While there are temperature differences between the two NVMe cards, the "C" drive has a heatsink and actually runs 2-4 degree cooler than the "E" drive:

Any advice would be appreciated, TIA...

Cr00zng, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Help. Uninstalled Samsung Nvme 960 driver. Now can’t boot to windows

1. Help. Uninstalled Samsung Nvme 960 driver. Now can’t boot to windows - Similar Threads - Help Uninstalled Samsung

2. Cannot install Samsung NVMe driver for NVMe 970 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot install Samsung NVMe driver for NVMe 970 Pro: Hello, Win 10 Pro v: 20H2 b19042-868 ASUS VivoBook K513EQ, 11th Generation, PCi 3 I installed a Samsung SSD 970 Pro, when I try to install the Samsung_NVM_Express_Driver_3.3 I get the following message: Samsung NVM Express Device is not connected. Connect the device and try...
  3. Cannot install Samsung NVMe driver for NVMe 970 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot install Samsung NVMe driver for NVMe 970 Pro: Hello, Win 10 Pro v: 20H2 b19042-868 ASUS VivoBook K513EQ, 11th Generation, PCi 3 I installed a Samsung SSD 970 Pro, when I try to install the Samsung_NVM_Express_Driver_3.3 I get the following message: Samsung NVM Express Device is not connected. Connect the device and try...
  4. 960 NVMe SSd abysmally Slow now despite all attempts to correct.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    960 NVMe SSd abysmally Slow now despite all attempts to correct.: I have a I7-7700K mounted on a Maximus IX Hero, 32 G Corsair Ram, GeForce GTX 1080 Graphics Card, Bios ver 1301 (Latest), Windows 10 Pro, and a 960 Evo 500 gb SSd. My file drive is on a 4t WD Black (which tests fine). I've been noticing windows slowing down dramatically. I...
  5. Samsung NVME Driver vs Microsoft NVME Driver little bitty question

Samsung NVME Driver vs Microsoft NVME Driver little bitty question: Hello All Have an OEM Samsung M.2 ssd in my HP Omen gaming laptop, which is the best NVME driver to stick with, *Note Samsung Magician will not install says my m.2 not supported. Looking for best course of action/advice to do in this matter*** Thank you all in advance 150516
  6. Latest Samsung NVMe Driver Released

Latest Samsung NVMe Driver Released: Latest Samsung NVMe Driver Released [img] Date: September 19, 2019 Version: 3.2.0.1910 OS supported: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 File Size: 4.6 MB Download: SSD Tools & Software | Download | Samsung V-NAND SSD | Samsung Semiconductor Global Website This driver...
  7. Samsung NVME Driver Updated

Samsung NVME Driver Updated: Samsung appear to have updated their NVME driver to version 3.0. You can download it here: SSD Tools Software | Download | Samsung V-NAND SSD | Samsung Semiconductor Global Website Use Majorgeeks if Samsung site is overloaded: Download Samsung NVMe Driver - MajorGeeks...
  8. Samsung SSD Firmware Warning - 960 Series

Samsung SSD Firmware Warning - 960 Series: ========================================================= UPDATED Feb.6th 2018 ========================================================= I am seeing reports on the Samsung Forums that the new 4Bxxxxx Firmware is not working for everyone with the 960 Pro or only works for...
  9. Samsung 960 EVO NVMe performance...

Samsung 960 EVO NVMe performance...: My new system is based on the Asus Prime Z370-A MB, that has two PCIe (x4), M.2_1 and M.2_2. Both of the sockets are populated with Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250 GB M.2 cards. Windows 10 setup had selected the M.2_1 drive and installed without any issues. Windows 10 is up to...
  10. 960 evo nvme speed improvement

960 evo nvme speed improvement: I have a new system with a 960 evo nvme. The system bios is legacy. If i change the bios to uefi and change the mbr to gpt, would i gain any significant speed improvement with the nvme drive? Currently i am underwhelmed by the speed of the nvme in comparison to a 850 pro on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot