Windows 10: Help uninstalling first OS in SSD with win8.1 & 10 dualboot

Discus and support Help uninstalling first OS in SSD with win8.1 & 10 dualboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello is it possible to uninstall the first installed OS (Windows 8.1) in the SSD that has also win 10 installed into the second partition without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by otokou, Dec 2, 2015.

1. otokou Win User

Help uninstalling first OS in SSD with win8.1 & 10 dualboot

Hello is it possible to uninstall the first installed OS (Windows 8.1) in the SSD that has also win 10 installed into the second partition without losing data in win 10? If not from windows tools maybe using some software? Currently this is how my SSD is:

Disk0: [System Reserved:350Mt][D:233Gt][C:231Gt][Recovery:450Mt] D being windows 8.1

:)

otokou, Dec 2, 2015

2. OS gives an BOOT error or some other serious problem and EMS

OMG I JUST SAID A FEW POSTS UP "if so how would i be able to add Phoenix OS to the boot manager config in windows 10 UEFI" SO OBVIOSLY I HAVE THE DUAL BOOT FILES SITTING ON MY LAPTOP HDD IN ANOTHER PARTITION BUT IT IS NOT CURRENTLY SET UP FOR DUALBOOTING
    AS WITH EVERY TIME U INSTALL OR REINSTALL AN OS (MAINLY WINDOWS) THE BCD RESETS AND ERASES ALL INFORMATION AND REPLACES IT WITH THE OS UR INSTALLING'S INFO, WHEN I WAS IN WINDOWS 7 EVERY TIME I RESET MY PC TO FACTORY STATE I HAD TO REINSTALL THE OS (run the
    phoenix 1.7.0 beta.exe) JUST TO GET IT TO DUAL BOOT AGAIN, BASICALLY IT IS LIKE THIS

INSTALL NEW WINDOWS OS = LOOSE ABILITY TO DUAL BOOT

REINSTALL WINDOWS OS = LOOSE ABILITY TO DUAL BOOT

DOWNGRADE WINDOWS OS = LOOSE ABILITY TO DUAL BOOT

UPGRADE WINDOWS OS = LOOSE ABILITY TO DUAL BOOT

REASON Y? THE BCD IS EDITED WHILE INSTALLING AN OS AND DEPENDING ON THE OS INSTALL SETTINGS IF IT HAS ANY, IT EITHER INSTALLS AS DUALBOOT WITH A SPECIFIC OS, EG DUALBOOT WINDOWS 10 AND WINDOWS 7, DUALBOOT WITH UR EXISTING OS('S), OR ONLY LAUNCH THE OS ITSELF
    (eg upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 and u will loose ur dualboot config and nolonger be able to dual boot until u rerun the installer u used to install the dualboot os wich i have not done yet)

MatthewGood, Dec 2, 2015
  3. WindowsUpdate_80070002-20009 error when upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10

Install Win8.1 on D: (secondary HDD)

upgrade to Win10

Migrate on C: (Primary SSD)

Am I right?

SINCE1982-FR, Dec 2, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

yes..

from run type> msconfig
    go to boot tab and delete the entry for windows 8.1
    and then format the D (win8.1) partition

Kyhi, Dec 2, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    or use MiniTool Partition Wizard free to delete the Windows 8.1 partition and expand the Windows 10 partition into the free space, if you want to add the space to Windows 10.

In any case, the system reserved 350mb partition should contain the boot files so you should be safe in deleting or formatting the Windows 8.1 partition.

NavyLCDR, Dec 3, 2015
  6. otokou Win User
    Oh, is that not possible (expanding the free space to win10 afterwards) if i do it the way Kyhi said? I guess i should have included that in my message since i want that aswell.

otokou, Dec 3, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    If you do it Kyhi's way you will end up with an empty D: drive. If you want to add the space to C: drive (Windows 10) you will have to use MiniTool Partition Wizard Free (or some other partitioning program) to delete the Windows 8.1 partition and expand the Windows 10 partition.

NavyLCDR, Dec 3, 2015
  8. Kyhi Win User

Formating D will leave it as a partition (Data)
    You can also delete the partition - which cause it to be freespace
    and then expand C

I would choose to leave D as a DATA partition

Kyhi, Dec 3, 2015
  9. otokou Win User
    Thanks all for helpful answers!

otokou, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Help uninstalling first OS in SSD with win8.1 & 10 dualboot - Similar Threads - Help uninstalling SSD

2. DualBoot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DualBoot Windows 10: i have hdd with windows 10 installed on it and i just got myself a ssd today since there's still some data left on my old windows i chose to dualboot my windows installation on my ssd so it's much easier to move my data later on. but something weird happened, the system drive...
  3. DualBoot 2 windows10 on 2 SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DualBoot 2 windows10 on 2 SSD: Hi ! I've installed windows 10 on 2 HDD on my computer. Each win10 works well. But I have to disconnect one of them to boot on the other. Nothing ask me which one I want to use If both are connected and the choice is almost random What can I do ?? Thanks a lot Paco...
  4. Dualboot SSD not loading Win 10 1803 or XP.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dualboot SSD not loading Win 10 1803 or XP.: Hi, I have turned on a PC we haven't used for a while and found this problem It has Win 10 1803 and XP on a dual boot on it and as far as I recall it did work fine. Now when I turn it on I see the Win 10 logo then it goes to the dual boot page. I have chosen both options...
  5. Dualboot SSD not loading Win 10 1803 or XP.

in Windows 10 Support
    Dualboot SSD not loading Win 10 1803 or XP.: Hi, I have turned on a PC we haven't used for a while and found this problem It has Win 10 1803 and XP on a dual boot on it and as far as I recall it did work fine. Now when I turn it on I see the Win 10 logo then it goes to the dual boot page. I have chosen both options...
  6. Dualboot remove OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dualboot remove OS: So I have recently made a dualboot on my PC because one of the boots is a REALLY destroyed version of windows (it misses some important drivers and the registry has been infected/harmed). I then have a COMPLETELY clean version of Windows, but my C and D drive still has all...
  7. Copy local GPO from Win8 OS to Win10 OS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Copy local GPO from Win8 OS to Win10 OS: Hi. We have some computers with Windows 8 installed in a public library for the public to use. They are locked down tight with local GPO and is not in a domain since they need only Internet access. We have now switched to Windows 10 as OS on new computers and I was wondering...
  8. rEFInd with dualboot Win8 - Win10 and Linux

rEFInd with dualboot Win8 - Win10 and Linux: Does anyone know how to get rEFInd to recognise Windows 10? Currently it just ignores Windows 10 and boots in Windows. Halfway into the Windows booting, an MS screen (blue) appears asking me to choose between two different Windows 8.1 installations. One of them is in fact...
  9. Unable to create dualboot or boot an OS from partition

Unable to create dualboot or boot an OS from partition: Alright, strange title, I know. The reason I ask this is because for the past week I'm trying to get a dual boot arch linux/windows 10 on my PC. I have made plenty of dual boots before but never encoutered such difficulties doing so. A quick set-up of what I have inside...
  10. Belarc shows OS is Win8 on W10 pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Belarc shows OS is Win8 on W10 pc: I run Belarc Adviser from time to time, ran it this morning and it shows my OS as Microsoft - Windows 8 Home Premium (x64) I upgraded to W10 Home Premium in August from Win7, does anybody know why Belarc shows this? My W10 is activated and has no problems, this machine...