Windows 10: Help! Uninstalling the network adapter takes too long so I restarted my laptop

Discus and support Help! Uninstalling the network adapter takes too long so I restarted my laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I was planning to uninstall my network adapter temporarily because it cannot detect wifi, but the uninstalling process took too long so I thought of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tall_Investigator_74, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Help! Uninstalling the network adapter takes too long so I restarted my laptop

So I was planning to uninstall my network adapter temporarily because it cannot detect wifi, but the uninstalling process took too long so I thought of restarting my laptop. But then, the restart took almost 10 mins. So I thought pushing the power button to force shutdown would help, but now it's almost 20 mins and won't finish the boot.

Also, I can't seem to go to bios and do anything like safe mode and stuff.

HP Pavilion x360 15
    Windows 10 Home
    Intel Wireless AC-7265
    1tb Seagate Firecuda

submitted by /u/Tall_Investigator_74
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tall_Investigator_74, Jan 8, 2021
  2. botanrice Win User

Manually uninstalling network adapter results in no boot

Hi. I have an Acer Aspire E 15 laptop that was not connecting to any Wi-Fi networks. I tried some previous steps I had taken in the past to no avail, then used my phone to search for some solutions which led me to the suggestion to uninstall my network adapter.

I believe that this is where I made a mistake. I uninstalled a Qualcomm adapter, which I believe was the correct one. I also have installed a Virtual Machine application called Virtual Box that had some adapters listed there - figured I'd uninstall those
    as well since the diagnostic report while trying to connect to the wi-fi had those listed. I also uninstalled another item listed under network adapters - I can't remember exactly what it was. Perhaps that was my problem? Regardless, my understanding was that
    Windows would re-install any adapter that was missing on a system restart.

However, now my laptop won't boot. It loads to the "Acer" screen with the rotating icon and now brings me to "Automatic Repair." I've tried restarting again, "continue" to windows 10 and running diagnostics on my system startup but none has worked - it still
    seems to get stuck on the boot screen for ~20+ minutes.

Does anyone have any suggestions or could offer any help? I understand a system reset may be in order here - but if there's a possible solution without doing that then I'd be interested.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-

botanrice, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Why doesn't such a new version of Windows, not support simple laptop network cards.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community,

Sorry for the inconvenience you are facing, I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps and check if these steps help in resolving the issue.

Method 1: Run Network Adapter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search box and then press ENTER.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on view all and select Network Adapter.
    • Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Reinstall the Network Adapter drivers.

Please download the drivers before you follow the steps.
    Uninstall the Network Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows + X, Click Device Manager.
    • Expand Network Adapter.
    • Check if the name of the Network Adapter is the list.
    • Right click on the Network Adapter’s name and click uninstall.
    • Once you uninstall the drivers it will prompt to restart the computer, do not restart the computer.
    • It will take default drivers if you restart the computer.

Please reinstall the Network Adapter drivers from the computer manufacturer website.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the updated status; we’ll b glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Help! Uninstalling the network adapter takes too long so I restarted my laptop

Windows 10 - Cannot connect to WiFi. How to uninstall network adapter driver?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Windows icon on the taskbar.
    • Select Control panel.
    • Click on network and sharing center.
    • At the left top corner click on Change adapter settings.
    • There you will be able to see the Driver name of the network Adapter next to the Icon.
    • Then you can go to device manager and check for that network adapter and you can uninstall the driver.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Help! Uninstalling the network adapter takes too long so I restarted my laptop

1. Help! Uninstalling the network adapter takes too long so I restarted my laptop - Similar Threads - Help Uninstalling network

2. Laptop Takes Too Long To Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Takes Too Long To Startup: Hello Guys.My computer started a while ago Taking TOO long to open like 2 - 5 minutes and that's absolutely UnacceptableI've tried so many things like factory reset the laptop But Nothing worksMy computer components : Graphics Card : Nvidia Geforce GTX 960MProcessor : intel...
  3. Laptop Takes Too Long To Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Takes Too Long To Startup: Hello Guys.My computer started a while ago Taking TOO long to open like 2 - 5 minutes and that's absolutely UnacceptableI've tried so many things like factory reset the laptop But Nothing worksMy computer components : Graphics Card : Nvidia Geforce GTX 960MProcessor : intel...
  4. Laptop takes too long to restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop takes too long to restart: When I restart my laptop, it takes a very long time. The strange thing is that when I boot up my laptop, like fresh boot or simple power on, it is fast and it has no problems ,it just boot up normally. If I restart my laptop, it takes too long that I had to press and hold...
  5. windows 10 restart taking too long

windows 10 restart taking too long: windows 10 restart taking too long. When I power on and off it takes less than 1 minute but whenever I restart then it takes about 7-10 minutes. I have i5 4670 processor 8gb ram...
  6. Restarting pc takes too long!

Restarting pc takes too long!: Hello, i am using Windows 10 Pro x64. Since i installed Windows, restart is way too slow. But now it is even worse. It takes almost 20 seconds sometimes. I tried to disable something, which has to do with system saving state image and hibernation and to disable automatic...
  7. Windows Taking Too Long to Restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Taking Too Long to Restart.: Hello, I recently realized that restarting takes longer than shutting my laptop down and turning it on again. It even works slower at the beginning when restarting it. The laptop is just half a year old. Laptop is fine it is working very good for its specifications but I just...
  8. Taking too long to restart my new computer

Taking too long to restart my new computer: I bought a new HP laptop yesterday. It has 4 GB RAM, HDD 1TB, and Intel Core i5 8250U. But it takes too long time to restart. I had to use the power button to turn it off and boot it up again....
  9. Taking too long to restart my new computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Taking too long to restart my new computer: I bought a new HP laptop yesterday. It has 4 GB RAM, HDD 1TB, and Intel Core i5 8250U. But it takes too long time to restart. I had to use the power button to turn it off and boot it up again....
  10. Restart taking too long on Panasonic Toughpad

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart taking too long on Panasonic Toughpad: Hello all, We're having an issue about restart or sign out on Windows 10 on Panasonic Toughpad. The process can take up to 10 mins which is an incredible time for us in flight operations. Does anyone know about the issue and solution? Thank you in advance....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how long does it take to uninstall a network adapter