Windows 10: Help - Update 1909 not showing up in Windows Update

Discus and support Help - Update 1909 not showing up in Windows Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello So yesterday Windows 10 just updated and it downloaded KB4528760 and another update for net framework 3.5 and 4.8 I am still using version 1903... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mikey89, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Mikey89 Win User

Help - Update 1909 not showing up in Windows Update

Hello

So yesterday Windows 10 just updated and it downloaded KB4528760 and another update for net framework 3.5 and 4.8

I am still using version 1903 because since 1909 was optional i figured i'd wait until i want to and then update to 1909. But the problem is after Windows 10 updated itself yesterday, the 1909 update isn't showing up anymore as "available".

I clicked on "Check Updates" but it still doesn't show up. What should i do ?

I mean i was probably gonna install it anyway but i figured i can install it whenver i want, i didn't knew it would dissapear.

:)

Mikey89, Jan 17, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Hockster Win User
    Windows 7 update help needed

Language packs should be listed in the optional updates section of Windows Update.

As for installing Win 7, it should merely ask for the qualifying media to be inserted to the dvd drive. That's what XP upgrade install discs did when there wasn't a previous OS installed.

Hockster, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Help - Update 1909 not showing up in Windows Update

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Help - Update 1909 not showing up in Windows Update

1. Help - Update 1909 not showing up in Windows Update - Similar Threads - Help Update 1909

2. Windows Update not showing up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update not showing up?: Restarted, turned on and off doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-not-showing-up/dc8f4444-f033-418b-a6e9-482cc3f496f7
  3. Windows Update not showing up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update not showing up?: Restarted, turned on and off doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-not-showing-up/dc8f4444-f033-418b-a6e9-482cc3f496f7
  4. Help with update from 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with update from 1909: I have a Lenovo W540 Thinkpad with 32GB memory and 2TB SSD. I had a persistent device conflict that I thought was preventing an update to 2004 or to 21H1, but I've resolved that with some driver updates. Running the latest BIOS and I have tried Windows Update, the Update...
  5. Updating To update 1909

Updating To update 1909: Hi i'm trying to update to update 1909 and it let me do it but when i go back to check it says that Im not up to date and Your device is missing important security and quality fixes....
  6. Windows Insider updates are not showing up in Windows update build 1909

Windows Insider updates are not showing up in Windows update build 1909: How do you change the ISPOSTBACK FROM FALSE TO TRUE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-insider-updates-are-not-showing-up-in/4ebf3ab5-ef97-4bdb-8cb6-5f0a5a7f3006
  7. Windows 10 version 1909 update help

Windows 10 version 1909 update help: My system wants to install Windows 10 version 1909. Last time I updated, I lost important programs. I read online that there are significant problems with this new version. Has this been fixed? How can I make sure I do not lose my programs?...
  8. Audio got messed up by new 1909 update. Help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio got messed up by new 1909 update. Help?: So the recent Windows 10 1909 update kind of completely screwed over my audio and it's extremely frustrating trying to find a solution for it for the last several hours. I have a G1 Sniper 2 motherboard with a Creative SB X-Fi MB2 soundcard in it. I've attached pictures of...
  9. No 1909 windows update showing up

No 1909 windows update showing up: so I just got on and I get notified about having to update to 1909 for a security bug or something but there no 1909 update it just says up to date even if I press check for update nothing there it says the same thing could somebody help?...
  10. 1909 update help

1909 update help: Tried Updating Windows today and after, what looked like success, I'm getting BSOD, reboot in a constant loop. Gone through all methods to fix finally doing a reset, but after the reset I still have same results - Bsod and reboot in constant loop. Been at it since around...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1909 update not showing in windows update

2. windows 1909 update not showing

3. Windows 10 version 1909 update not showing

4. windows update not showing 1909,
  5. update 1909 not showing up in windows update,
  6. 1909 not showing in updates,
  7. why 1909 update not showing up,
  8. showing downloding status 100% but nothing happening in windows 10 pro,
  9. windows update stuck on getting things ready,
  10. update 1909 failed at 91%,
  11. windows update history not shown,