Windows 10: Help: Update moved or deleted browser setting plus more

Discus and support Help: Update moved or deleted browser setting plus more in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So last night my computer automatically updated itself and by morning the strangest thing had happened. My deskop was all differently organized, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sociahlp, Oct 17, 2015.

1. sociahlp Win User

Help: Update moved or deleted browser setting plus more

So last night my computer automatically updated itself and by morning the strangest thing had happened. My deskop was all differently organized, the wallpaper was some random windows image, the Start menu was very different as well.
    Folder of documents/music, etc were empty (though the data was elsewhere). Worse: I use firefox and my passwords cache is suddently empty, no history of yesterday's activity, basically no nothing. I really have no clue of what happened and am trying to find some help to fix whatever happened. Is there a way to recover my passwords/bookmarks or am I failing to see something on the big picture? Help please!

:)

sociahlp, Oct 17, 2015
  2. kkallioj Win User

C7 Anna internet connection problems

Well, can't tell if deleting the mailbox helps, 'cause it won't delete. Or maybe I'm just too inpatient for stopping the process after 3½ hours.On the plus side the web connection for the browser now works occationally.

The mail is set to update every hour, but in reality it updates maybe once or twice a week. Not great. Is there an e-mail client for the symbian that isn't complete **bleep**?

kkallioj, Oct 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10 update deleted or moved all pictures

Where, precisely, were they stored before?

Example(s):

• C:\Users\<YourUsername>\Pictures\Archival\
    • C:\Users\<YourUsername>\Desktop\My 7 Years worth of Pictures\
    • C:\Directory You Created\All My Pictures\

FYI, side tip: get an external USB drive and get it going on making backup COPIES (COPIES is all uppercase because it is not a backup if it is the only copy) of these photos on a REGULAR AUTOMATED BASIS and disconnect that drive (swap it for others on occasion.)

Shenan Stanley, Oct 17, 2015
  4. Help: Update moved or deleted browser setting plus more

DustSailor, Oct 17, 2015
Thema:

Help: Update moved or deleted browser setting plus more

1. Help: Update moved or deleted browser setting plus more - Similar Threads - Help Update moved

2. Automatic updates hurt more than help.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic updates hurt more than help.: Hello to my fellow Windows 10 users. I am writing in an effort to possibly shed light on Microsoft's insistence that updates be automatic. Every time (that is 100%) Microsoft sends an update, my machine craps out. Is this a "planned obsolescence" tactic? Last night, I...
  3. Moving or deleting files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving or deleting files: Hello While trying to move or remove certain files, I'm getting this warning: "If you move this file, Windows or another program may no longer work correctly." I DO KNOW you have responded to a very similar q. already, but, in this case, those files were copied from an...
  4. browser settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    browser settings: my bank won't let me into my bill pay because my browser is blocking cookies. how do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browser-settings/eb4275cc-dd56-4355-88ae-5b5e4e2d898b
  5. Moving a browser window UP!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving a browser window UP!: [img] I do not want the window to snap to the top edge of the screen. Sites like ESPN and NFL have a scroll of live scores at the top of the page along with banners, etc. I'd like to move these out of site. Is it possible to move a browser window (or any window for that...
  6. Deleteing browser history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleteing browser history: I am computer illiterate. I am trying to delete something in my browser history. Help says go to "internet options". I have no idea where to go on my computer to find the first step "internet options". Can someone help a senior citizen get through this maze?...
  7. No access to settings, edge, updates, and more

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No access to settings, edge, updates, and more: I am frustrated. Any quick fix other than trying reset, restore, reinstalling...…..I have no apps, my computer has appeared to duplicate things...….errors across the board. Just took a few screen shots. I have ran sfc/scannow and dism /clean image and even put the repair...
  8. More secure Browser ?

in Browsers and Email
    More secure Browser ?: Makes me wonder why when using Edge for Battlefield 3 plug ins, i get this warning. [img] 13625
  9. Icons moving HELP!

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons moving HELP!: Just downloaded and using Win 10. The icons keep moving! Please see attachments Thanks and Happy bird day! Robin *Confused 31512
  10. Building a more power efficient browser

in Windows 10 News
    Building a more power efficient browser: Today, Jason Weber shared a post on the Windows Experience Blog demonstrating the power efficiency of Microsoft Edge over other popular browsers on Windows 10. With the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, we are hard at work pushing the envelope further, engineering Microsoft Edge...