Windows 10: Help: Update moved or deleted browser setting plus more

Discus and support Help: Update moved or deleted browser setting plus more in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So last night my computer automatically updated itself and by morning the strangest thing had happened. My deskop was all differently organized, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sociahlp, Oct 17, 2015.

1. sociahlp Win User

Help: Update moved or deleted browser setting plus more

So last night my computer automatically updated itself and by morning the strangest thing had happened. My deskop was all differently organized, the wallpaper was some random windows image, the Start menu was very different as well.
    Folder of documents/music, etc were empty (though the data was elsewhere). Worse: I use firefox and my passwords cache is suddently empty, no history of yesterday's activity, basically no nothing. I really have no clue of what happened and am trying to find some help to fix whatever happened. Is there a way to recover my passwords/bookmarks or am I failing to see something on the big picture? Help please!

:)

sociahlp, Oct 17, 2015
  2. kkallioj Win User

C7 Anna internet connection problems

Well, can't tell if deleting the mailbox helps, 'cause it won't delete. Or maybe I'm just too inpatient for stopping the process after 3½ hours.On the plus side the web connection for the browser now works occationally.

The mail is set to update every hour, but in reality it updates maybe once or twice a week. Not great. Is there an e-mail client for the symbian that isn't complete **bleep**?

kkallioj, Oct 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10 update deleted or moved all pictures

Where, precisely, were they stored before?

Example(s):

• C:\Users\<YourUsername>\Pictures\Archival\
    • C:\Users\<YourUsername>\Desktop\My 7 Years worth of Pictures\
    • C:\Directory You Created\All My Pictures\

FYI, side tip: get an external USB drive and get it going on making backup COPIES (COPIES is all uppercase because it is not a backup if it is the only copy) of these photos on a REGULAR AUTOMATED BASIS and disconnect that drive (swap it for others on occasion.)

Shenan Stanley, Oct 17, 2015
  4. Help: Update moved or deleted browser setting plus more

DustSailor, Oct 17, 2015
Thema:

Help: Update moved or deleted browser setting plus more

1. Help: Update moved or deleted browser setting plus more - Similar Threads - Help Update moved

2. Cannot Update Windows 10, error code 0x800700c1, plus more

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Update Windows 10, error code 0x800700c1, plus more: Hi, I've been trying to fix this problem for the last 2 days, and I've run in to several issues:I've tried running sfc /scannow but I get the error code 'Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.'I then tried repairing that issue, and no luck with the...
  3. Cannot Update Windows 10, error code 0x800700c1, plus more

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Update Windows 10, error code 0x800700c1, plus more: Hi, I've been trying to fix this problem for the last 2 days, and I've run in to several issues:I've tried running sfc /scannow but I get the error code 'Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.'I then tried repairing that issue, and no luck with the...
  4. Cannot Update Windows 10, error code 0x800700c1, plus more

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update Browser Settings on Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Browser Settings on Windows Update: Hi,Just wondering why Windows is always trying to trick to me whenever there is any update, into "Update Browser Settings" and some other random questions like that.Whenever there is a "major" Windows update, all these questions pop up on sign in to Update Browser settings or...
  6. Update Browser Settings on Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Browser Settings on Windows Update: Hi,Just wondering why Windows is always trying to trick to me whenever there is any update, into "Update Browser Settings" and some other random questions like that.Whenever there is a "major" Windows update, all these questions pop up on sign in to Update Browser settings or...
  7. Help needed: browsers keep moving to other screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help needed: browsers keep moving to other screen: I work with 2 screen and whenever I unlock my laptop, all browsers will have moved to screen 1 even though I had them at screen 2 when I locked the computer. Is there any way to stop Windows 10 from doing this? Thanks submitted by /u/Rude-E [link] [comments]...
  8. browser settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    browser settings: my bank won't let me into my bill pay because my browser is blocking cookies. how do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browser-settings/eb4275cc-dd56-4355-88ae-5b5e4e2d898b
  9. No access to settings, edge, updates, and more

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No access to settings, edge, updates, and more: I am frustrated. Any quick fix other than trying reset, restore, reinstalling...…..I have no apps, my computer has appeared to duplicate things...….errors across the board. Just took a few screen shots. I have ran sfc/scannow and dism /clean image and even put the repair...
  10. More secure Browser ?

in Browsers and Email
    More secure Browser ?: Makes me wonder why when using Edge for Battlefield 3 plug ins, i get this warning. [img] 13625