Windows 10: HELP: Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, turned on BitLocker, and now get Windows Install prompt...

Discus and support HELP: Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, turned on BitLocker, and now get Windows Install prompt... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The "Upgrade" option tells me to remove installation media and restart. I am not using any installation media though.The "Custom" option brings up a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Justin_____, Dec 3, 2021.

1. HELP: Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, turned on BitLocker, and now get Windows Install prompt...

The "Upgrade" option tells me to remove installation media and restart. I am not using any installation media though.The "Custom" option brings up a list of all of my drives. I select the SSD that Windows is on and get "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks. Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. BitLocker Drive Encryption is enabled on the selected partition. Suspend BitLocker in the Control Panel, and then restart the installation."I am unable to boot into Windows to do

:)

Justin_____, Dec 3, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 3, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

That's not good. You can try re-installing Windows 8 and unlocking the drive, and disabling Bitlocker on that drive, before upgrading to 8.1. Though I have a bad feeling that even going back to Windows 8 might not help, I have a feeling the drive just bit the dust and corrupted the file system...

newtekie1, Dec 3, 2021
  4. HELP: Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, turned on BitLocker, and now get Windows Install prompt...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 3, 2021
Thema:

HELP: Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, turned on BitLocker, and now get Windows Install prompt...

1. HELP: Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, turned on BitLocker, and now get Windows Install prompt... - Similar Threads - HELP Upgraded Pro

2. HELP: Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, turned on BitLocker, and now get Windows Install prompt...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP: Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, turned on BitLocker, and now get Windows Install prompt...: The "Upgrade" option tells me to remove installation media and restart. I am not using any installation media though.The "Custom" option brings up a list of all of my drives. I select the SSD that Windows is on and get "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected...
  3. HELP: Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, turned on BitLocker, and now get Windows Install prompt...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP: Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, turned on BitLocker, and now get Windows Install prompt...: The "Upgrade" option tells me to remove installation media and restart. I am not using any installation media though.The "Custom" option brings up a list of all of my drives. I select the SSD that Windows is on and get "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected...
  4. Updated now It prompts installation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated now It prompts installation of windows 10: Updated now It prompts Reinstallation of windows 10, was using my pc last night, went to shut it down and selected update and shutdown, woke this morning to the windows 10 installation prompts. no idea why this has happened, any help would be appreciated...
  5. Windows 10 pro install help

Windows 10 pro install help: Building a new pc. Can I install Windows 10 pro on D: instead of C:? I have a very small SSD for the OS but there are so many programs especially adobe products that will not let me install them anywhere but C: I was hoping to be able to use this little SSD as D: just...
  6. Windows 10 Pro - Turn Bitlocker on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pro - Turn Bitlocker on: Hi, I've just upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 Pro and went to turn Bitlocker on and got this message: This device cannot use a Trusted Platform Module. Your administrator must set Allow Bitlocker without a compatible TPM" option in thr "Require additional authentication...
  7. BitLocker prompt after Windows 10 update

BitLocker prompt after Windows 10 update: After an automatic Windows update (installed Oct 1 2019) my system is prompting for the BitLocker recovery key. This has never happened before. I was able locate the BitLocker information that I had saved but the recovery key ID does not match what is displayed on the...
  8. Installing upgrade windows 10 pro

Installing upgrade windows 10 pro: I have purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from the store. When I click on install the computer appears to be installing.. the circle of dots goes around and it says do not turn off your computer. this happens for an hour or so then it reboots but nothing has been installed....
  9. Purchased and Installed Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - but, is now showing Enterprise

Purchased and Installed Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - but, is now showing Enterprise: I have a new laptop that came with Windows 10 Home installed. I purchased the $99 Windows Pro Upgrade and installed it. It is now showing the version is Windows 10 Enterprise. I checked my receipt and it's Windows 10 Pro (not Enterprise). Now, Windows is saying that I...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade Installation Help

Windows 10 Upgrade Installation Help: Hello all, I am trying to snag the W10 Free Upgrade before it runs out on my Windows 7 machine. I've tried the process twice now and both times it gets to roughly 90% or so through the entire thing and then reboots into "Restoring a previous version of windows" so clearly...