Windows 10: Help upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10

Discus and support Help upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have finally decided I need to upgrade to the latest version of windows but I am having a lot of trouble, it turns out that when my friend helped me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PrewHD, Jan 24, 2021.

1. /u/PrewHD Win User

Help upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10

I have finally decided I need to upgrade to the latest version of windows but I am having a lot of trouble, it turns out that when my friend helped me (i am not good with computers) He gave me a pirated copy of windows 7 ultimate which is not activated. After trying to use the media creation tool from the Microsoft website to upgrade and it not working I have searched around the internet for a few hours and I am just stumped at what to do. If anyone is willing to help I would be very thankful.

submitted by /u/PrewHD
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PrewHD, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Help upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Help upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10

1. Help upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Help upgrading

2. upgrade to windows 10 pro from windows 10 home--installation failed can't find help -can't...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade to windows 10 pro from windows 10 home--installation failed can't find help -can't...: Help with installation or cancel order https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-windows-10-pro-from-windows-10-home/f1823084-581b-4827-9119-053b1bd60494
  3. Will upgrading memory from 8gb to 16gb help with slow PC and internet?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Will upgrading memory from 8gb to 16gb help with slow PC and internet?: First post. So I have done a clean install windows 10 home, after formatting, new partition, updated drivers, etc... PC still seems to run slow and I am wondering if it is just an old (2014) mb, processor, etc.. Please take a look at my specs page for build info. OR, would...
  4. Will upgrading memory from 8gb to 16gb help with slow PC and internet?

Will upgrading memory from 8gb to 16gb help with slow PC and internet?: First post. So I have done a clean install windows 10 home, after formatting, new partition, updated drivers, etc... PC still seems to run slow and I am wondering if it is just an old (2014) mb, processor, etc.. Please take a look at my specs page for build info. OR, would...
  5. Trying to upgrade 32bit Windows10 to 64bit. Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to upgrade 32bit Windows10 to 64bit. Help: I have an older computer, but it has Windows 10 pro on it (2004), and 32bit operating system with a 64based processor it says in the "About", so I know it's capable of being upgraded. I did the whole creation installation media tool thing with a USB and finished downloading...
  6. I’ve been stuck at 30% on upgrading to windows 10 from 7 for 3 hours now, HELP!

I’ve been stuck at 30% on upgrading to windows 10 from 7 for 3 hours now, HELP!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SpunkyMonkey67 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l6llj9/ive_been_stuck_at_30_on_upgrading_to_windows_10/
  7. Issue with upgrading to m.2 NVME, Help?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with upgrading to m.2 NVME, Help?: So the issue is that I want to change my m.2 sata for a brand new m.2 NVME but I can't find another to way to install it until I can find a way to remove my existing m.2 sata. I don't want to reinstall Windows because that would be bothersome in many different ways. The only...
  8. Need help with OS recovery after upgrade

Need help with OS recovery after upgrade: I need help with a double problem on my Windows 10 PC. After a recent update the OS does not start. When I try to perform any recovery action it is asking for a local account password that I never set. How can I bypass or reset that local account password on a PC that does...
  9. Help with Upgrade to 10.0.19042 resulting in USB-C hub not recognizing any of the connected...

Help with Upgrade to 10.0.19042 resulting in USB-C hub not recognizing any of the connected...: 30+ year IT Tech. Hoping I can help Microsoft identify and resolve an issue before many users are affected and you are flooded with phone calls. USB-C Hub Lasuney- Has 2 HDMI connected displays, 2 audio USB connections, 1 USB printer connection, one Internet wired...
  10. Help: i've upgraded to windows 10 and it's horrible

Help: i've upgraded to windows 10 and it's horrible: hello, first, I'm not a native speaker so my English may not be that perfect. let me give you the plot here: I study marketing and accounting in college which means that i really need my laptop everywhere I go, it's a mid range laptop with a 6th gen I3, 4gb RAM and 1TB of...