Windows 10: Help Upgrading OS from windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Help Upgrading OS from windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought a laptop from work, but I don't know the local_admin password. the company was sold to another company and I can no longer contact the IT guys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ronald Reyes, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Help Upgrading OS from windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Home

I bought a laptop from work, but I don't know the local_admin password. the company was sold to another company and I can no longer contact the IT guys to help me recover the Local_Admin password on my laptop.It runs on Windows 8.1 Pro and I plan to wipe the entire disc contents and install Windows 10 Home.Is this possible?Thanks.-Ron

:)

Ronald Reyes, Aug 8, 2022
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 8, 2022
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 8, 2022
  4. Mussels Win User

Help Upgrading OS from windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Home

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 8, 2022
Thema:

Help Upgrading OS from windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Home

1. Help Upgrading OS from windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Help Upgrading Pro

2. I want to upgrade OS from windows 8 to windows 10 Pro free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to upgrade OS from windows 8 to windows 10 Pro free: I want to upgrade OS from windows 8.1 to windows 10 Pro free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-upgrade-os-from-windows-8-to-windows-10/3f49ab4c-981a-429f-b375-43bd334dce0c
  3. I want to upgrade OS from windows 8 to windows 10 Pro free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to upgrade OS from windows 8 to windows 10 Pro free: I want to upgrade OS from windows 8.1 to windows 10 Pro free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-upgrade-os-from-windows-8-to-windows-10/3f49ab4c-981a-429f-b375-43bd334dce0c
  4. Help Upgrading OS from windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Home

Help Upgrading OS from windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Home: I bought a laptop from work, but I don't know the local_admin password. the company was sold to another company and I can no longer contact the IT guys to help me recover the Local_Admin password on my laptop.It runs on Windows 8.1 Pro and I plan to wipe the entire disc...
  5. Windows Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10: I would like to ask if it is possible to upgrade the Windows of my old laptop Dell Inspiron N4050 for my childrens use for online classes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-upgrade-from-windows-8-pro-to-windows-10/3025b42a-4a0e-42d6-add5-d42101c099f4
  6. Windows Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10

Windows Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10: I would like to ask if it is possible to upgrade the Windows of my old laptop Dell Inspiron N4050 for my childrens use for online classes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-upgrade-from-windows-8-pro-to-windows-10/3025b42a-4a0e-42d6-add5-d42101c099f4
  7. Upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10 Home Edition: Hi, Can we upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 Home Edition for free? Actually I bought a Windows 10 Home Product Key before upgrading. But it never asked me to enter the Product Key while installing Windows 10. I am afraid I wasted my money....
  8. help with upgrade from windows 10 home to PRO....

help with upgrade from windows 10 home to PRO....: Hello... i have dell inspiron laptop.. it came with Windows 10 Home..... im trying to upgrade to PRO but dont have product key or digital license for PRO.. only Home.... can i still use home product key for upgrade or i gotta get different one that is specifically for PRO???...
  9. Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home: Hello, I have 2 laptops, one old(1st) and other new(2nd). The 1st laptop had Windows 7 Home pre-installed which was later upgraded to Windows 8 Pro through Windows 8 Upgrade Offer. This again was upgraded to Windows 10 Home for free. The 2nd PC came with Windows 10 Home...
  10. Upgrading to pro from an unactivated Windows home OS

Upgrading to pro from an unactivated Windows home OS: As the title implies I am currently trying to upgrade my Window Home to Window Pro, but it won't allow me to upgrade since it is an unactivated version of home or at least that's what I think the problem is. Is there something I am missing?...