Windows 10: Help Upgrading to Windows 10 1809

Discus and support Help Upgrading to Windows 10 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 1803, and I need to upgrade it. I Really Hated 1903 when I tried it out through windows update, and reverted back to 1809 on another laptop that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VanitasLover, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Help Upgrading to Windows 10 1809

I have 1803, and I need to upgrade it. I Really Hated 1903 when I tried it out through windows update, and reverted back to 1809 on another laptop that recently broke on me.

Currently have an old laptop.

The download center can't help me, and the assistant I searched through bing only says the May 2019 update which is not what I wanted.

I usually update on the web using the media tool..

I really need to upgrade 'cause typing is very frustrating at the moment from the slowness, and the narrator being buggy.

:)

VanitasLover, Sep 18, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Help Upgrading to Windows 10 1809

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Help Upgrading to Windows 10 1809

1. Help Upgrading to Windows 10 1809 - Similar Threads - Help Upgrading 1809

2. Need Help - Upgrading Windows 10 1709 to 1809 SILENTLY/UNATTENDED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need Help - Upgrading Windows 10 1709 to 1809 SILENTLY/UNATTENDED: Hey all, I work for an organization that has deployed Windows 10 (version 1709) across multiple locations and I am tasked with updating those machines to the later version 1809. We use a WSUS for our windows updates and I have deployed the update to 1809 to a test...
  3. Windows 1809 upgrade

Windows 1809 upgrade: My windows 10 laptop computer has not upgraded to the 1809 update of October 2018. I run the update query and am advised that my OS is up-to-date. Any solutions appreciated. cheers, Greg...
  4. Windows 10 1809 help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1809 help: I need emergency help Is there any one who can speak with me Hindi language ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1809-help/aaabd07a-45dd-44db-9a9e-bd038ed31dce"
  5. Windows 10 October [1809] Upgrade

Windows 10 October [1809] Upgrade: This is amazing. I purchased a Windoiws 10 Pro Installation DVD and fresh installed it on my Laptop. It installed the Winver 1809 which is the version of Windows 10 with October 2018 Creators Update. Next day Windows Update downgraded it to version 1803. Now when I try to...
  6. Upgrade to Windows 10 1809

Upgrade to Windows 10 1809: What to do? Nothing happens ... P.s. Windows Version 10 1803 [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-windows-10-1809/b72600a2-61a6-470c-b303-a267415329bb
  7. Help windows 10 upgrade

Help windows 10 upgrade: Hey guys, I've been having some issues to get Windows 10 installed. I've got an ASUS ROG G20AJ desktop computer running an i7 processor and a GTX 760 graphics card. I got my Windows 10 update and everything went fine, and the installation process began. The problem is, when...
  8. help with windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    help with windows 10 upgrade: Hello, Am a new member of Windows 10 Forums. Recently was upgraded automatically by microsoft, from 8.1 to 10. Having difficulty understanding 10. Started over 8 years ago, on Windows Vista Home Premium. More or less learned on that system. Constantly learning, or trying...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade help.

Windows 10 upgrade help.: I am going to help a senior friend of mine update his windows 8.1 The white windows logo is on the lower right hand corner. I have a windows install dvd with Build 10586 on it and I am wondering if that would be a quicker way to upgrade. I want to get it so there will not...
  10. windows 10 upgrade help

windows 10 upgrade help: Help cannot upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7, Fails at 25% with error 0XC1900101 - 0X20004. How can I get around this error and any ideas what is causing error. 13415