Windows 10: Help Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, New product key not working 0xC0020036

Discus and support Help Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, New product key not working 0xC0020036 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have been hired for a work from home job that requires Windows 10 Pro. My PC came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home. I purchased a Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Essjay75, May 10, 2019.

1. Essjay75 Win User

Help Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, New product key not working 0xC0020036

I have been hired for a work from home job that requires Windows 10 Pro. My PC came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home. I purchased a Windows 10 Pro Professional Upgrade Key but I get an error saying the product key didn't work (0xC0020036). According to my settings activation menu, Windows is activated using a digital license that's linked to my Microsoft Account. All I want to do is upgrade to Windows 10 Pro so I can accept this new job. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Asus X553SA

Intel Celeron N3050 @ 1.60 GHz

4 GB - 64 Bit

:)

Essjay75, May 10, 2019

2. windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, May 10, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 10, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Help Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, New product key not working 0xC0020036

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Help Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, New product key not working 0xC0020036 - Similar Threads - Help Upgrading Home

2. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key: Hi! This is my first post and I am still a somewhat beginner with Windows. I am a student attempting to upgrade my laptop (which came with Windows 10 Home) to Windows 10 Pro (I was following information on how to use Xamarin and it recommended enabling Hyper-v for the...
  3. unable to upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with product key: I have a product key for windows 10 pro. when i input this product key to upgrade to pro, an error gets generated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-windows-10-home-to-windows-10/df590ca3-f52f-4a20-b8d7-7e4920e3f690
  4. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro possible using product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro possible using product key?: Hi So we bought a Lenovo laptop for business use with Windows 10 Home, with the intention of immediately upgrade it to Pro. I have done this in the past on a Surface Pro, with no issues. This time it will not accept the new product key I just scraped clear on the previously...
  5. Upgrade Windows 10 Home Digital License to Windows 10 Pro with a Product Key?

Upgrade Windows 10 Home Digital License to Windows 10 Pro with a Product Key?: Is what I am asking possible? I first bought an upgrade from the Microsoft Store and it hasn't worked. The install installed Windows 10 Enterprise. Using system restore I went back to Windows 10 Home. Now when I try install at Microsoft Store I get the error 0xc004f050. I...
  6. product key not working upgrading to windows 10 pro

product key not working upgrading to windows 10 pro: THE PRODUCT KEY YOU ENTERED DIDN'T WORK. CHECK THE PRODUCT KEY AND TRY AGAIN, OR ENTER A DIFFERENT ONE. 0XC004F050 I contacted the store I bought my computer from and they supplied me with a product key. It started to download and about 5 minutes in it encountered a problem...
  7. Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key

Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key: If I buy a Windows 10 Pro Product Key from my Windows 10 Home Microsoft Store, will the product key of the latter one Windows 10 Home be used anywhere in other laptop or PC?...
  8. Windows 10 Home upgrade to W10 Pro with a product key fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home upgrade to W10 Pro with a product key fails: Hello Community. I have a new Dell XPS15 64bit with W10 Home. My old laptop has a goosed display and I have located from its hard drive the Key from my W10 Pro. But when I try to upgrade my Dell XPS15 using the Product key from my old laptop W10 Pro the process fails to...
  9. Upgrade Windows 10 Home Product Key

Upgrade Windows 10 Home Product Key: Hi, I recently bought a Windows 10 Home product key but my computer needs a Windows 10 Pro License. Is there any way to upgrade my product key from Home to Pro? I would be willing to pay extra to upgrade but I don't want to pay for two licenses....
  10. Upgrade Window 10 Home digital license with Windows 10 Pro product key

Upgrade Window 10 Home digital license with Windows 10 Pro product key: When trying to upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro we are getting this error 0xc004f050. The original license is a digital license and the upgrade we are trying to perform is a purchased license key....
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrading from windows 10 home to pro not working