Windows 10: Help - URGENT - MSCONFIG RESET ISSUE / Unable to download/ update software - Downgraded...

Discus and support Help - URGENT - MSCONFIG RESET ISSUE / Unable to download/ update software - Downgraded... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, To whom it may concern, yesterday I had issues starting up a client/software so I decided to go to run - msconfig and use the diagnostic start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Joseph Matthew Bhatt, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Help - URGENT - MSCONFIG RESET ISSUE / Unable to download/ update software - Downgraded...

Hello, To whom it may concern, yesterday I had issues starting up a client/software so I decided to go to run - msconfig and use the diagnostic start up, being unaware i couldnt get back into user as it was saying password incorrect, anyway I rebooted it in safe mode using power button + SHIFT I think I went into the BIOS and tried to reboot it but it started to do says or run something like this in black screen. *Checking file system on F: The type of file system is NTFS.Volume label is Nuevo Vol. One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency that may cancel the disk check but it is

:)

Joseph Matthew Bhatt, Mar 19, 2023

2. Unable to download and install updates on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about installing the updates on your device, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following details to assist you better with this issue:

• Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the updates fails to install?
    • Is this issue confined only with downloading and installing the update or you are unable to download anything?

If the issue is with downloading/ installing the updates, this might have occurred because of corrupted/ missing Windows Update components.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

If you are using wired internet connection, I suggest you to switch to wired connection (Connected the internet cable to your device) and try if you are able to run the Windows Update.

Method 1: I suggest you to disable third party security software (if any installed), and check for Windows Updates.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if you are able to install the updates.

Windows Update Troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, click on
      Control Panel
      , select Category and then select
      Large or Small icons

• Click on Troubleshooting
      and click on View all in the left pane.

• Select Windows Update
      to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 20, 2023
  3. Callender Win User
    Urgent assistance required please - Browse for folder

Okay I don't see any known troublemakers in the shell extensions shown in explorer tab.

Help - URGENT -  MSCONFIG RESET ISSUE / Unable to download/ update software - Downgraded... 151796d1504481801t-urgent-assistance-required-please-browse-folder-autoruns.jpg

Would suggest checking for updates for the softwares listed and installing updates if available.

Callender, Mar 20, 2023
  4. John Vil Win User

Help - URGENT - MSCONFIG RESET ISSUE / Unable to download/ update software - Downgraded...

Sudden performance drop, unable to download updates, reset and fresh install.

Hi,

There may be several reasons why you are experiencing a sudden drop in your system's performance. To better assist you and isolate what's causing this issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this issue start?
    • Were there any hardware/software changes made on your computer prior to this happening?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried aside form the ones you mentioned above?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the System File Checker
    tool. This is a utility in Windows that will allow us to scan and repair for corruptions in your system files. Also, if you are trying to download or install available updates but couldn't, you may refer to this article and follow the steps on how to reset
    your Windows Update components: How do I reset Windows Update components?

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

Help - URGENT - MSCONFIG RESET ISSUE / Unable to download/ update software - Downgraded...

1. Help - URGENT - MSCONFIG RESET ISSUE / Unable to download/ update software - Downgraded... - Similar Threads - Help URGENT MSCONFIG

2. Subject: Urgent: Unable to Download/Update Anything on Windows 11 and Microsoft Store Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subject: Urgent: Unable to Download/Update Anything on Windows 11 and Microsoft Store Issues: Hello Microsoft Community,I hope this post finds you well. I am reaching out for assistance regarding a critical issue I am facing with my Windows 11 system. Recently, I have encountered problems with downloading, updating, and accessing the Microsoft Store, rendering me...
  3. Subject: Urgent: Unable to Download/Update Anything on Windows 11 and Microsoft Store Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subject: Urgent: Unable to Download/Update Anything on Windows 11 and Microsoft Store Issues: Hello Microsoft Community,I hope this post finds you well. I am reaching out for assistance regarding a critical issue I am facing with my Windows 11 system. Recently, I have encountered problems with downloading, updating, and accessing the Microsoft Store, rendering me...
  4. Help - URGENT - MSCONFIG RESET ISSUE / Unable to download/ update software - Downgraded...

Help - URGENT - MSCONFIG RESET ISSUE / Unable to download/ update software - Downgraded...: Hello, To whom it may concern, yesterday I had issues starting up a client/software so I decided to go to run - msconfig and use the diagnostic start up, being unaware i couldnt get back into user as it was saying password incorrect, anyway I rebooted it in safe mode using...
  5. msconfig reset ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    msconfig reset ?: I was following step by step a post of an independent advisor to remove a malicious powershell script that executed itself at every reboot, and it said :1. Open the run box by pressing the Windows Key + R and type msconfig2. System Configuration Utility box will open and by...
  6. msconfig reset ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msconfig reset ?: I was following step by step a post of an independent advisor to remove a malicious powershell script that executed itself at every reboot, and it said :1. Open the run box by pressing the Windows Key + R and type msconfig2. System Configuration Utility box will open and by...
  7. msconfig reset ?

8. Urgent help needed for a password reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Urgent help needed for a password reset: Hello,I need help with a password reset, I recently forgot my password and was unable to reset it the normal way by sending a confirmation code to a phone number because I got a new phone number and forgot to add it to Microsoft. So than I sent that form that asks you your...
  9. Urgent! msconfig - login no longer working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Urgent! msconfig - login no longer working: I selected diagnostic startup from mis config and clicked ok. Machine restarted. I cannot login to my machine my login was previously linked to Windows 10. Urgent! I tried this https://client.ashdowntech.com/2017/02/msconfig-stops-win10-login/ but I coudn't select last...
  10. unable to open downloaded software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to open downloaded software: ive downloaded mcafee software and I am unable to open as a box pops up saying 'only verified apps can be installed'. can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-downloaded-software/97e5190f-3356-41dd-8ee4-629af24aead8