Windows 10: help!!!! URGENT!! Windows 10 upgrade started automatically??

Discus and support help!!!! URGENT!! Windows 10 upgrade started automatically?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I want to try out Win 10 and i had it reserved and i'm planning to install it in a separate partition of my physical secondary drive. But today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by marcosdipaolo, Aug 8, 2015.

1. help!!!! URGENT!! Windows 10 upgrade started automatically??

Hi, I want to try out Win 10 and i had it reserved and i'm planning to install it in a separate partition of my physical secondary drive. But today Windows Update started the upgrade automatically, first downloading it and now "Preparing the install". My question is, is it going to ask sometime in which drive i want to install it?

:)

marcosdipaolo, Aug 8, 2015
  2. Rabya7 Win User

windows 10 freezes on startup after free upgrade

I have just upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1 in my Lenovo pc. I was getting the "get windows 10" on the notification bar, after the upgrade and installation process completed I turned off my pc, and today when I switched on my laptop the windows
    10 won't start, the startup is frozen and I can't enter my microsoft password to get started.. Need help urgently

Rabya7, Aug 8, 2015
  3. my display quality is not HD quality how to improve it please help me urgently.

my laptop display in HD quality lost in window 10 upgrading ,how to get it in window 10 os plz help me urgently.

NAGENDRA RAM, Aug 8, 2015
  4. rive0108 Win User

help!!!! URGENT!! Windows 10 upgrade started automatically??

No. Its an upgrade.

Hope you had the foresight to do a backup, or system image

rive0108, Aug 8, 2015
  5. can i stop it right now? and then install it with an installer wherever i want?

6. Gary Win User
    Just restart your PC and then use a restore point. But that will not allow you to install it on a separate Partition. If you let it upgrade and then activate it you can download an ISO and perform a clean install but you will lose all of your programs.

Gary, Aug 8, 2015
  7. Restarted, thanks god in Win 7 but win 10 installation goes on!! i dont know what to do to stop it!!! or tell it to install it in E drive!!!!
    help!!!!

edit: download started again in Windows Update, still don't know what to do

8. Phone Man Win User

When that update windows comes up you can cancel it and then hide the update in Windows Update.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Aug 8, 2015
  9. ok,
    1- i'm trying that as we speak, i don't see where to hide it, and i know where and how to hide updates.
    2- how do i try out windows 10 in a drive of my convenience??

edit: ok, update hidden, thanks a lot, question 2 remains

10. andyjTEN Win User
    Let it install. You must first do an upgrade install, then after the upgrade has been installed you down load the Media creation tool again and create media (DVD or USB ) and do a clean install. You would select "custom install" to select the correct hard drive during the clean install.

andyjTEN, Aug 8, 2015
  11. But i want to keep my Win7 installation in my Primary drive (C:\) installing win10 in a partition of another physical drive (E:\)!!, if I let it install i'll loose it!! do I?

12. rive0108 Win User
    It is an upgrade, and you must activate it prior to full install on the other drive E/partition.

Image your win7, upgrade it, activate it, then restore image, and then do a full win10 install where you like using an iso

rive0108, Aug 8, 2015
  13. help!!!! URGENT!! Windows 10 upgrade started automatically??

Sorry for the ignorance, but
    1- could you give me a quick guide how to image my win 7?.
    2- how do i apply the image after the upgrade
    3- Does this image include my sofware installations?

14. CmmTch Win User
    W10 "upgrade" is just that, an upgrade from a qualifying OS to W10. This is not a "two for the price of one" situation, if you use Win7 you cannot upgrade/use W10 on the Win7 license at the same time. It's either one or the other, the qualifying OS license is only for that OS or W10 by itself, not both at the same time.

There may be ways around that but that's not how this "free upgrade" is designed, right now I'm still on the insider program and am dual booting 7 and 10. That, and purchasing another license for a qualifying OS or W10 is the only legitimate way to have both on the same computer.

CmmTch, Aug 8, 2015
  15. Gary Win User
    Pull the plug to your network , then restart your machine and then delete update KB3035583. Then restart again. Unless you want to go through with the upgrade.

Thema:

1. help!!!! URGENT!! Windows 10 upgrade started automatically?? - Similar Threads - help URGENT upgrade

2. Help urgent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help urgent: I lost all my personal files after updating to win11 23h2 insider beta channel. Those files were important, how to recover, no files open, I could lose my job, restore point also deleted...
  3. Help urgent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help urgent: I lost all my personal files after updating to win11 23h2 insider beta channel. Those files were important, how to recover, no files open, I could lose my job, restore point also deleted...
  4. [URGENT] Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [URGENT] Automatic Repair: One day my PC just booted into Automatic Repair. I tried everything and it failed. The only thing that works? It's by Disabling Driver Signature Enforcement 7 through Advanced Options.I inspected my SrtTrail.txt and it appears that the Root cause appears to be Boot critical...
  5. [URGENT] Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [URGENT] Automatic Repair: One day my PC just booted into Automatic Repair. I tried everything and it failed. The only thing that works? It's by Disabling Driver Signature Enforcement 7 through Advanced Options.I inspected my SrtTrail.txt and it appears that the Root cause appears to be Boot critical...
  6. Urgent Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Urgent Help: I have recently updated my laptop, and to complete the update I am required to enter the password of the email account, with which I created the account. I do not remember the password at all since I created the account 6 years ago I have clicked on “forgot password” and...
  7. URGENT HELP WINDOWS 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    URGENT HELP WINDOWS 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!: Hello everyone This suddenly happened picture 1 to my laptop and it won't go away So I decided to reinstall windows on my C drive, but every time I try this message appears picture 2 and I'm unable to reinstall windows on my C drive Error message 1 picture 1: repairing...
  8. Urgently need help with windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Urgently need help with windows 10: Is there any difference between the windows 10 I got pre installed on my laptop when I bought it and the window 10 which I'll download from the official website? If yes then how do I install the same windows 10 which I got when I bought it on another hard drive if my hard...
  9. Loop on profile start. Need urgent help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loop on profile start. Need urgent help!: Hello. I have Lenovo C340 All-in-one with Win 10 build 1510. I can't upgrade more due to processor. Today I had only 2 GB on C. I couldn't open image in Photoshop. I moved files on SD Card and zipped them. The CPU was in heavy usage around 5 minutes. I wanted to...
  10. Help urgent

in Windows 10 Support
    Help urgent: Help I bought a copy of windows 10 and now the person is saying they are going to revoke the windows licence can they do this and what does it mean 24535