Windows 10: help!!!! URGENT!! Windows 10 upgrade started automatically??

Discus and support help!!!! URGENT!! Windows 10 upgrade started automatically?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; To image get a good sized USB HDD Navigate to control panel/system and security/file history Select "create a system image" To restore image,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by marcosdipaolo, Aug 8, 2015.

1. rive0108 Win User

help!!!! URGENT!! Windows 10 upgrade started automatically??

To image get a good sized USB HDD
    Navigate to control panel/system and security/file history

Select "create a system image"

To restore image, you boot into Windows Install disk, or create system recovery drive (you will be prompted to create it), choose repair option, then "restore from system image"

The created image is what you have now... a complete mirrored PC image of your hard drive and everything on it

help!!!! URGENT!! Windows 10 upgrade started automatically?? [​IMG]

help!!!! URGENT!! Windows 10 upgrade started automatically?? [​IMG]

rive0108, Aug 8, 2015
  2. NavyLCDR New Member

For permanent installations/use that is true. However there is a free evaluation period allowed and legal.

Microsoft launches free, 90-day trial of Windows 10 - CNET

NavyLCDR, Aug 8, 2015
  3. CmmTch Win User
    There has been much discussion on tenforums about that very issue (dual booting after RTM) Please read this topic https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...release-2.html I wouldn't tell anybody what they can or cannot do, just some additional information for you to consider.

The post below is a quote from Slartybart that explains it about as best as it can be at this time, note the fact that another partition is considered a device, and the EULA states

CmmTch, Aug 8, 2015
  4. rive0108 Win User

Looks like dual booting is fine

rive0108, Aug 8, 2015
  5. I want to install Win10 ONLY in my E:\ drive. Can I?

marcosdipaolo, Aug 8, 2015
  6. rive0108 Win User
    No offense, but no one is gonna hold your hand on this. The info you need has been provided

rive0108, Aug 8, 2015
  7. CmmTch Win User
    See post #10 and #14, rive0108 has given all information needed to do what you ask.

CmmTch, Aug 8, 2015
  8. help!!!! URGENT!! Windows 10 upgrade started automatically??

You actually convinced me and i installed the upgrade in my primary drive hoping that i'd like it and I'm loving every part of it, thanks!!!

marcosdipaolo, Aug 13, 2015
  9. CmmTch Win User
    Good to hear things are going good for you, thanks for posting your results, that might help another user decide what to do.

CmmTch, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. help!!!! URGENT!! Windows 10 upgrade started automatically?? - Similar Threads - help URGENT upgrade

2. Help urgent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help urgent: I lost all my personal files after updating to win11 23h2 insider beta channel. Those files were important, how to recover, no files open, I could lose my job, restore point also deleted...
  3. Help urgent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help urgent: I lost all my personal files after updating to win11 23h2 insider beta channel. Those files were important, how to recover, no files open, I could lose my job, restore point also deleted...
  4. [URGENT] Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [URGENT] Automatic Repair: One day my PC just booted into Automatic Repair. I tried everything and it failed. The only thing that works? It's by Disabling Driver Signature Enforcement 7 through Advanced Options.I inspected my SrtTrail.txt and it appears that the Root cause appears to be Boot critical...
  5. [URGENT] Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [URGENT] Automatic Repair: One day my PC just booted into Automatic Repair. I tried everything and it failed. The only thing that works? It's by Disabling Driver Signature Enforcement 7 through Advanced Options.I inspected my SrtTrail.txt and it appears that the Root cause appears to be Boot critical...
  6. Urgent Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Urgent Help: I have recently updated my laptop, and to complete the update I am required to enter the password of the email account, with which I created the account. I do not remember the password at all since I created the account 6 years ago I have clicked on “forgot password” and...
  7. URGENT HELP WINDOWS 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    URGENT HELP WINDOWS 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!: Hello everyone This suddenly happened picture 1 to my laptop and it won't go away So I decided to reinstall windows on my C drive, but every time I try this message appears picture 2 and I'm unable to reinstall windows on my C drive Error message 1 picture 1: repairing...
  8. Urgently need help with windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Urgently need help with windows 10: Is there any difference between the windows 10 I got pre installed on my laptop when I bought it and the window 10 which I'll download from the official website? If yes then how do I install the same windows 10 which I got when I bought it on another hard drive if my hard...
  9. Loop on profile start. Need urgent help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loop on profile start. Need urgent help!: Hello. I have Lenovo C340 All-in-one with Win 10 build 1510. I can't upgrade more due to processor. Today I had only 2 GB on C. I couldn't open image in Photoshop. I moved files on SD Card and zipped them. The CPU was in heavy usage around 5 minutes. I wanted to...
  10. Help urgent

in Windows 10 Support
    Help urgent: Help I bought a copy of windows 10 and now the person is saying they are going to revoke the windows licence can they do this and what does it mean 24535