Windows 10: "Help us protect your account" - verification code never arrives

Discus and support "Help us protect your account" - verification code never arrives in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a maddening situation with Windows. After receiving some warranty service on my laptop, I am presented with a Bitlocker recovery screen when... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AHHK, Dec 22, 2020.

1. AHHK Win User

"Help us protect your account" - verification code never arrives

I have a maddening situation with Windows. After receiving some warranty service on my laptop, I am presented with a Bitlocker recovery screen when starting the machine. I have no idea what the recovery key is for this drive I've never even set any of this up.

I was advised to check in my Microsoft account, but when I do this, I encounter a "Help us protect your account" screen. When I enter my email address an icloud email to receive the verification code, it never arrives!

I have tried at least ten times and quadruple-checked that my email account is working, checked junk folders, etc. I tried to change the verification method to my mobile phone, but then it says that the switch will happen in 30 days to protect my security. When I cancel this, I'm back on the email verification situation.

What can I do to get back to normal???

:)

2. Verification Code randomly arrived

A Microsoft Verification Code arrived as a text message, unexpected. Should I take any precautions to secure my account?

JGPMilford, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Verification Code randomly arrived

Arrived on your phone or on your Win10 computer?

Can you successfully access (sign in to) your Microsoft account here? =>
    https://account.live.com

Does anyone other than you know your Microsoft account's password?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Google strengthening 2-Step Verification for Google account

Source: https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com...e-prompts.html

Brink, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

1. "Help us protect your account" - verification code never arrives - Similar Threads - Help protect account

2. verification code isn't arriving.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    verification code isn't arriving.: My step daughter has forgotten her password. We have asked for the verification code, which should come to my email address and its not arriving. Its exam time, she needs her computer and can't sign on at all...
  3. verification code isn't arriving.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    verification code isn't arriving.: My step daughter has forgotten her password. We have asked for the verification code, which should come to my email address and its not arriving. Its exam time, she needs her computer and can't sign on at all...
  4. Account recovery code not arriving

Account recovery code not arriving: I'm trying to help my dad reset his Microsoft account after having become locked out when he upgraded to Windows 11. Unfortunately the phone number registered to receive the account recovery code is not working and the account verification form is failing due to a lack of...
  5. Account recovery code not arriving

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account recovery code not arriving: I'm trying to help my dad reset his Microsoft account after having become locked out when he upgraded to Windows 11. Unfortunately the phone number registered to receive the account recovery code is not working and the account verification form is failing due to a lack of...
  6. SMS with verification code does not arrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SMS with verification code does not arrive: How to update my alternative security verification 2step when I never received SMS verification code ,tried multiple time in a week but never receiving sms...
  7. SMS with verification code does not arrive

SMS with verification code does not arrive: How to update my alternative security verification 2step when I never received SMS verification code ,tried multiple time in a week but never receiving sms...
  8. Microsoft Account Verification Emails never arrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Verification Emails never arrive: We are issuing new devices to several of our teachers. When they sign into the new device with their personal Microsoft accounts unable to "Verify" themselves on the new devices. Normally I have them navigate to "Settings > Account > My Info" once there they click on the...
  9. Help us protect your account is broken Windows 10 lockout

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help us protect your account is broken Windows 10 lockout: I am trying to login to my Windows 10 system remotely to support a customer. Once I logged in the 'Help us protect your account' screen effectively has locked me out of the PC because the e-mail, text and phone options all fail with the message 'There's a temporary problem...
  10. Unable to get past "Help us protect your account" after login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to get past "Help us protect your account" after login: Today, I found myself suddenly unable to log in to my laptop. After inputting the correct password, I get taken to a "Help us protect your account!" screen, asking me to use two-factor authentication with either email, text, or a phone call. After correctly inputting the 2fa...