Windows 10: Help, USB 3 transfer speed drops constantly to 0 (Kingston Data Traveler 3.0, Though I have...

Discus and support Help, USB 3 transfer speed drops constantly to 0 (Kingston Data Traveler 3.0, Though I have... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ShawnDesilets [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ShawnDesilets, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Help, USB 3 transfer speed drops constantly to 0 (Kingston Data Traveler 3.0, Though I have...

/u/ShawnDesilets, Mar 18, 2020
  2. alecm3 Win User

USB 3.0 transfer speed drops to 0 only on one port. USB port and external drive are NOT defective.

I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop with two USB 3.0 ports. I connect a Seagate expansion drive to the left USB port and transfer a 4GB test file. It transfers about 1GB at 150MB/s and then transfer speed drops to 0. Then it picks up again after 3-4minutes, then
    drops again intermittently.

I connect the same Seagate drive to the right USB port. The same 4GB file transfers with a constant speed of approximately 150MB/s. Thus the Seagate drive is not defective. Perhaps the left USB port is defective.

I connect a Sandisk 128GB flash drive to the left USB port (that is now suspected defective). It transfers the same 4GB file with constant 130MB/s speed, no speed drops!

Each step is reproducible 10x.

I am out of my wits here.

alecm3, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Symbionte Win User
    Flash drives File transfer speed drops to 0 regularly

Hi everyone, I have recently realized my laptop MSI P65 8RF is having a weird behaviour when transfering files or deleting files to/from my flash drives (Kingston Datatraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 128 GB and Kingston Datatraveler Rubber 3.0 32 gb) it happens that it reaches top speed, around 100 mb/s and then it goes all the way down to 0 mb/s (leds in flash drives stop blinking) and then speeds goes back up again to 100 mb/s (flash drive blinking again). This will happen regularly going up and down, up and down. It happens in both flash drives. Also, I have tried these flash drives in another Windows 10 computer and they work just fine. Data apparently is fine, no data corruption. Another test I did on my laptop it was with USB hard drive, on the same USB port, curiosly, this one work just fine, so apparently it has to do just with the flash drives. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Any idea how address this issue? Thanks.

Symbionte, Mar 18, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Help, USB 3 transfer speed drops constantly to 0 (Kingston Data Traveler 3.0, Though I have...

Flash drives File transfer speed drops to 0 regularly

Long shot.

Plug in the USB thumb you normally use, the erratic one. In My PC, make a note of it's drive letter. Eject it.

On the machine in question, the one that is acting weird, go to Device manager.

Click Portable Devices. Look for that drive letter and uninstall (right click>uninstall device) any and all occurrences of it.

Plug the thumb drive back in. Windows will reinstall the driver/device.

Try your operation that was running weird with the fluctuating speeds.

Help, USB 3 transfer speed drops constantly to 0 (Kingston Data Traveler 3.0, Though I have... [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Help, USB 3 transfer speed drops constantly to 0 (Kingston Data Traveler 3.0, Though I have...

1. Help, USB 3 transfer speed drops constantly to 0 (Kingston Data Traveler 3.0, Though I have... - Similar Threads - Help USB transfer

2. download speed suddenly drops to 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download speed suddenly drops to 0: my download speed while downloading a file,games fro any services,etc my network speed drops to 0 kb/s and the wifi needs to be disconnected and connected again to continue and the same thing repeats under a minute or 2 please help me out and be faster with solutions....
  3. download speed suddenly drops to 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download speed suddenly drops to 0: my download speed while downloading a file,games fro any services,etc my network speed drops to 0 kb/s and the wifi needs to be disconnected and connected again to continue and the same thing repeats under a minute or 2 please help me out and be faster with solutions....
  4. download speed suddenly drops to 0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Stuck on Fixing F: Dtage 3: 100% 0 of 0???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on Fixing F: Dtage 3: 100% 0 of 0???: I scanned my hp laptop for viruses with malwarebytes and quarantined them. It was only then when I actually pressed delete on them that my computer became so slow. The virus was pretty bad because after log in, all the desktop icons and taksbar would take around 10 mintues to...
  6. Fixing d Stage 3 100% 0 of 0 Total %99

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fixing d Stage 3 100% 0 of 0 Total %99: how can ı solve this I bought new hdd, pluged and this [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fixing-d-stage-3-100-0-of-0-total-99/7afefe23-faad-406e-85d8-f1e5fcfc2fae
  7. how do I transfer from Kingston Data Traveler to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I transfer from Kingston Data Traveler to new computer: The subject is the main thing. How do I transfer all from my Kingston Data Traveler to my new computer?? From win 10 to win 10 on new pc. I am not sure how to do this. Please help me, I don't want to spend all night trying to figure this out. Thanks, Cory...
  8. Flash drives File transfer speed drops to 0 regularly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash drives File transfer speed drops to 0 regularly: Hi everyone, I have recently realized my laptop MSI P65 8RF is having a weird behaviour when transfering files or deleting files to/from my flash drives (Kingston Datatraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 128 GB and Kingston Datatraveler Rubber 3.0 32 gb) it happens that it reaches top...
  9. Flash drives File transfer speed drops to 0 regularly

in Windows 10 Support
    Flash drives File transfer speed drops to 0 regularly: Hi everyone, I have recently realized my laptop MSI P65 8RF is having a weird behaviour when transfering files or deleting files to/from my flash drives (Kingston Datatraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 128 GB and Kingston Datatraveler Rubber 3.0 32 gb) it happens that it reaches top...
  10. USB 3.0 transfer speed drops to 0 only on one port. USB port and external drive are NOT...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB 3.0 transfer speed drops to 0 only on one port. USB port and external drive are NOT...: I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop with two USB 3.0 ports. I connect a Seagate expansion drive to the left USB port and transfer a 4GB test file. It transfers about 1GB at 150MB/s and then transfer speed drops to 0. Then it picks up again after 3-4minutes, then drops again...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kingston Datatraveler 128 write speed falls down