Windows 10: HELP! USB DEVICES NOT SHOWING UP!

Discus and support HELP! USB DEVICES NOT SHOWING UP! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I Installed a couple of programs NI Mate and Kinect 360 drivers and a Blender plugin for Ni Mate, after a minute I realized that My mouse was dead and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LiamMcM, Mar 17, 2020.

1. LiamMcM Win User

HELP! USB DEVICES NOT SHOWING UP!

I Installed a couple of programs NI Mate and Kinect 360 drivers and a Blender plugin for Ni Mate, after a minute I realized that My mouse was dead and My Hard drive had disappeared from windows explorer, I immediately uninstalled the programs, although they were from pretty trustworthy sources, It made no difference. I went into device manager and uninstalled the all usb devices and restarted, No difference. the hard disk is still spinning and works on other pc, so not cooked and my phone is charging when connected, but neither are showing up, and the mouse is still not coming on. I have installed the latest windows updates to no avail. I have run diagnostic tools, hp it is an 8th gen i7 OMEN laptop says all systems pass, no help there. non of the windows tools seem to offer a solution, they just say I have a problem.

HELP PLEEAASE!

Here are some diagnostic screenshots. HELP! USB DEVICES NOT SHOWING UP! 8f18f441-54da-476e-bbef-180b95c600ea?upload=true.png HELP! USB DEVICES NOT SHOWING UP! 5c05e5b4-c1d2-426c-80a2-885d91180225?upload=true.png HELP! USB DEVICES NOT SHOWING UP! e205c07f-6dc3-4d12-bf2b-d3e5e5b5aa12?upload=true.png HELP! USB DEVICES NOT SHOWING UP! bfc0f39b-6b40-40df-a909-ca848b9dc0cd?upload=true.png HELP! USB DEVICES NOT SHOWING UP! ce1b96c1-1ef2-4175-8973-34b74e18c3ea?upload=true.png HELP! USB DEVICES NOT SHOWING UP! b6e6a01d-e9cc-4c22-bf40-789bb51b31e3?upload=true.png

:)

LiamMcM, Mar 17, 2020

2. My laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Some devices might be listed under hidden devices in Device Manager, I suggest you to open Device Manager then click on View option and click on Show hidden devices. Once it is done, check whether you can find the device.

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to try connecting the device with other USB ports and check if it is detected (If you are connecting through USB).

Also, try updating the USB drivers and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

-Open Device Manager.

-Find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

-Right-click on each driver listed and click on Update Driver Software

-Restart the system after updating the drivers.

-Try connecting the device and check if the issue still persists.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Mar 17, 2020
  3. USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 17, 2020
  4. HELP! USB DEVICES NOT SHOWING UP!

USB Device not recognized.

Hello Aeko,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Update
    the latest USB drivers and check if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the USB drivers and select
      “Update”.
    If the issue persists, uninstall and reinstall the latest USB drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

HELP! USB DEVICES NOT SHOWING UP!

1. HELP! USB DEVICES NOT SHOWING UP! - Similar Threads - HELP USB DEVICES

2. USB mic not showing up on device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mic not showing up on device manager: I recently bought an external USB microphone and it just isn't showing up on the device manager, people keep saying to update the driver, but how am I supposed to do that when I can't even find the device in device manager....
  3. USB mic not showing up on device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB mic not showing up on device manager: I recently bought an external USB microphone and it just isn't showing up on the device manager, people keep saying to update the driver, but how am I supposed to do that when I can't even find the device in device manager....
  4. USB device not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not showing up in device manager: I have an Epson DS-530 scanner that was set up and running fine on my desktop a while ago before it stopped working.I have been able to set it up on another computer with no problem so I know it is not a bad cable/device, but it is not showing up in the device manager.Any...
  5. USB device not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB device not showing up in device manager: I have an Epson DS-530 scanner that was set up and running fine on my desktop a while ago before it stopped working.I have been able to set it up on another computer with no problem so I know it is not a bad cable/device, but it is not showing up in the device manager.Any...
  6. USB device not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. All USB devices showing up as drives

All USB devices showing up as drives: All of my USB devices (keyboard, mouse, webcam, printer, Bluetooth dongle) show up as drives ("no media") in Disk Management, and as disk drives in Device Manager. It's not a fatal problem, but it's annoying. Is there a way to correct this? Windows 10, Version 2004 (OS...
  8. All USB devices show up as drives

All USB devices show up as drives: All of my USB devices keyboard, mouse, webcam, printer, Bluetooth dongle show up as drives "no media" in Disk Management, and as disk drives in Device Manager. It's not a fatal problem, but it's annoying. Is there a way to correct this?...
  9. [SELF SOLVED]HELP! USB DEVICES NOT SHOWING UP!

[SELF SOLVED]HELP! USB DEVICES NOT SHOWING UP!: {HELP NO LONGER NEEDED< SEE COMMENT} I Installed a couple of programs NI Mate and Kinect 360 drivers and a Blender plugin for Ni Mate, after a minute I realized that My mouse was dead and My Hard drive had disappeared from windows explorer, I immediately uninstalled the...
  10. USB Devices Not Showing

USB Devices Not Showing: I updated my computer to build 1809 for Windows 10 Pro. Since the update none of my USB Devices show in File Explorer. Opening up Device Manager, I can see the device that's plugged in under Disk Drives, but nothing I do makes them accessible. Uninstalling drivers...