Windows 10: Help- usb moblie hard drive and windows laptop

Discus and support Help- usb moblie hard drive and windows laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello , I am going to be honest I'm not a very technical person so apologises in advance . I was using my usb mobile hard drive which is weeks old but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaireadMurray, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Help- usb moblie hard drive and windows laptop

Hello ,

I am going to be honest I'm not a very technical person so apologises in advance . I was using my usb mobile hard drive which is weeks old but a treasure as I am a teacher and it has loads of important document on it. Was using my laptop and I put it down for half an hour or so when back to save a document and its as if my usb harddrive has disappeared. I have spent hours googling and watching youtube videos. my laptop makes the noise it is contacted but is not appear. It is appearing in devices but under a different name and also appearing computer management but as utilised.

I am confused and need help.

very grateful for any advice please keep it basic as my knowledge is lacking!!

Mairead

:)

MaireadMurray, Sep 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 won't recognize Toshiba 3.0 usb external hard drive. Help please.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your concern on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; have you tried formation the USB hard drive by
    right clicking on the hard drive and select Format?

If you are unable to format the USB through above mentioned steps, then I suggest you to try formation the hard drive using diskpart command and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps.

1) Press Windows key + r, type cmd and hit
    Enter

2) Type diskpart, hit Enter.

3) Type List volume. (List of available drives will get listed).

4) Select Volume (#), #- number of the volume, which assigned to hard drive.

5) Type Format recommended. (It will start formatting your hard drive)

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Unable to connect USB Hard Drives to laptop

After having connected a
    Sisun HDD docking station
    to my Sony Laptop , Windows Explorer refuses to recognise any USB hard drive (although other software such as a disk utility can) and I am therefore unable to save files to these drives. Windows does recognise some USB pen drives
    but larger HDD are not recognised. To date, I have;

• Uninstalled the USB controllers through Device manager (forcing Windows to reinstall them on reboot); and
    • Run both the WinUSB and DeviceDiagnostic software to no avail.
    I'd rather not do a clean reinstall of Windows as I am unable to backup my files. Any other suggestions?

SteveAinsworth, Sep 10, 2019
  4. SVLingam Win User

Help- usb moblie hard drive and windows laptop

My Seagate external hard drive is not detected when plugged in to USB port of my laptop using windows 10?

Thanks for your response.

I have tried all the steps provided, however in vain. The external hard drive is not identified at all in any of the the USB ports when connected. The USB ports identify other external Flash drives and devices. However this drive is detected in another laptop
    using Windows 7 OS. Please advise further.

Regards

SVLingam, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Help- usb moblie hard drive and windows laptop

1. Help- usb moblie hard drive and windows laptop - Similar Threads - Help usb moblie

2. Moblie hotspot issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moblie hotspot issues: I cannot edit the hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moblie-hotspot-issues/56f7b017-ccc5-4bc9-abe7-daec113b7de0
  3. Moblie hotspot issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moblie hotspot issues: I cannot edit the hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moblie-hotspot-issues/56f7b017-ccc5-4bc9-abe7-daec113b7de0
  4. Usb hard drive has a different drive letter and is not seen by laptops.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb hard drive has a different drive letter and is not seen by laptops.: I have a usb hard drive that is attached to my router and uses R: on a desktop as its drive letter. However on 2 laptops it uses S:. How do I get the laptops to see and communicate with the hard drive?...
  5. USB Hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Hard drive: I have just started to get this error Device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_ASMT&Prod_2235&Rev_0#093458FA5D9A&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b} requires further installation.The device is under device manager but not showing under Disk Management for file...
  6. Help: New Laptop, One Drive filled Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Help: New Laptop, One Drive filled Hard Drive: Hi All, I'm trying to help my wife out on her new Laptop. When I sent up her Microsoft Account, including trying to attach to her OneDrive, it downloaded all of the files off the one drive onto her laptop. She now has no room on her laptop harddrive. I would like to have the...
  7. hard drive help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive help: hi guys I have a question on ssd and a m.2 drive, I just upgraded to a 1TB black edition NVME WD M.2 ,i upgraded from a samsung 500 ssd along with a 245 gig ssd. the 500 gig and 245 gig both are not connected at this time.i want to add them as additional storage,both had an...
  8. Copy entire USB to hard drive on laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy entire USB to hard drive on laptop: I have a USB "thumb" drive or whatever it is called and I would like to copy the entire content to my hard drive. The electronics pulled out of the plastic body and I don't want to lose the files so I would like to copy to hard drive and then back the files up at a later...
  9. USB external hard drive not working on new laptop

USB external hard drive not working on new laptop: So I have a Toshiba external hard drive that I use just to back up some pictures, documents, etc. I've always used this with my laptop without issue. I recently got a new Dell laptop running windows 10 and every time I plug the hard drive in it just says that the USB device...
  10. USB Hard Drive with Windows 10

USB Hard Drive with Windows 10: I have a Western Digital Elements external USB drive and whenever I plug it in I have to manually assign it a letter, which in itself is frustrating but manageable. The real problem is if I disconnect the drive and plug it back in, I need to assign it again, however the...