Windows 10: Help! USB mouse connectivity issues

Discus and support Help! USB mouse connectivity issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am experiencing a strange and frustrating issue. My PC has several USB 2.0 ports and a couple of USB 3.0 ports. I use a wired USB mouse and lately it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/realmilesobrien, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Help! USB mouse connectivity issues

I am experiencing a strange and frustrating issue. My PC has several USB 2.0 ports and a couple of USB 3.0 ports. I use a wired USB mouse and lately it has been dropping in and out as I use it. I've tried plugging the mouse into other ports and have also tried using a different mouse entirely; the same thing happens.

Fair enough, seems like a fairly straight forward issue. I go online to check what I can do. I disable USB power management via Device Manager. I disable USB selective suspension via Power Options. Neither solution appears to solve the problem. I'm now concerned that the ports themselves are faulty.

However, this is the strange part. This only happens with USB mice. My keyboard, USB keys and external drives all work fine. And the disconnects only seem to occur while I am actively moving the mouse. If I leave the mouse sitting still nothing happens.

I do a lot of graphic design and 3D work that requires precision and my mouse randomly dropping out is incredibly frustrating. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/realmilesobrien
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/realmilesobrien, Mar 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Mar 23, 2020
  3. keyboard and optical mouse usb

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

• Are you getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshooting: Keyboards and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/troubleshooting/keyboard/common-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Help! USB mouse connectivity issues

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Help! USB mouse connectivity issues

1. Help! USB mouse connectivity issues - Similar Threads - Help USB mouse

2. Mouse/usb/bluetooth issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse/usb/bluetooth issues: Issue:- Bluetooth mice will not stay connected to Surface Book 3. There is the ping of disconnection and then one for reconnection about every 45 seconds to a minute, but sometimes it randomly works for a whole day. I've listed everything I've tried further down. It works...
  3. Mouse/usb/bluetooth issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse/usb/bluetooth issues: Issue:- Bluetooth mice will not stay connected to Surface Book 3. There is the ping of disconnection and then one for reconnection about every 45 seconds to a minute, but sometimes it randomly works for a whole day. I've listed everything I've tried further down. It works...
  4. Help! Mouse issues!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Mouse issues!: [ATTACH] Hi! I'm having an issue where my mouse just randomly jumps to the top left corner of my screen the when I try to move it back it keeps jumping there for a second or two, but this is very frequent so it becomes very annoying. I tried looking up many online...
  5. Connection issues! Help!

Connection issues! Help!: Hardware connection properties says - Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6)- connected to internet/connected to unknown network. Go to change adapter options and click on connection it says IPv4 connectivity:internet. IPv6 connectivity: no internet access. submitted by /u/riotgrrrl315...
  6. Mouse lag and connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse lag and connectivity issues: I have a microsoft surface laptop that I bought brand new in the fall of 2020. I’ve been having severe mouse lag and connectivity issues with any mouse that I connect to it, either via USB port or with Bluetooth. I’ve tried 3 so far with the same results. When I use them on...
  7. usb mouse + keyboard issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    usb mouse + keyboard issue: Hello, Why is W10 only able to regocnize my mouse and keyboard after unplugging and replugging the USB cable? My Intel PC BIOS and multibootselector do work. All other Windows and Linux versions do work. Booting apps from DVD and USB do work. Only W10 does not. Only...
  8. No mouse will connect to PC (help?)

No mouse will connect to PC (help?): Randomly my mouse has just started to refuse to work with my pc. Both wired and wireless mouses refuse to connect and usually come up with as 'unknowm device' in the device manager with an escalation mark next to it. Sometimes the name will load in but the exclamation mark is...
  9. Microsoft USB-connected wireless mouse not connecting... Help?

Microsoft USB-connected wireless mouse not connecting... Help?: Hello!!! I have a Microsoft USB-connected wireless mouse that I've been using for 1-2 years on my Dell laptop. A few months ago the battery died, and I finally got around to replacing it today. However, I now find that it doesn't connect anymore. The light on the mouse is...
  10. USB mouse won't connect

USB mouse won't connect: My USB mouse won't connect/be recognized. I put it in different ports, shut down my laptop and put the USB back in, and updated drivers. When I plug it in it won't even show up in device manager. please help. Windows: 10 Mouse: Logitech m317c...