Windows 10: Help!!! Volume buttons not working and instead it goes into a new tab

Discus and support Help!!! Volume buttons not working and instead it goes into a new tab in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ibitzz2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dqvzlt/help_volume_buttons_not_working_and_instead_it/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ibitzz2, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Help!!! Volume buttons not working and instead it goes into a new tab

/u/ibitzz2, Nov 3, 2019

2. Volume buttons won't work

Hello Aaron,

• Are you referring to the volume key on the keyboard?
    • What is the make and model of the laptop?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers?
    If not I suggest you to go to the manufacturer website and install the latest keyboard drivers and check if that helps, post that suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check for the issue.
    The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to fix them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    Let us know how it goes, we'll be glad to assist.

SujataMoktan, Nov 3, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Volume goes to zero and mute.

Hi William,

If the volume of your computer automatically mutes, it could be that the audio drivers are corrupted or damaged, or that there are software conflicts occurring within the system. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the audio troubleshooter
    and lets Windows find and automatically resolve problems with your audio. Here's how to run the audio troubleshooter:

• Select the Start button, then type troubleshoot, and select
      Troubleshoot from the list of results. From there, select
      Playing Audio
      > Run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter does not help resolve the problem with your volume settings, we suggest that you check Device Manager and update your sound card drivers. Updating would replace any corrupted or damaged components of the audio driver. Here's how to
    update your audio drivers through Device Manager:

• Open the Start button, then type device manager, and select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Under Sound, video and game controllers, right-click your sound card driver, then select
      Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically search for updated driver software.
    If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you may look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions on how to install their driver.

If the above steps doesn't resolve the problem, feel free to post back to us.

David Haz, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

Help!!! Volume buttons not working and instead it goes into a new tab

Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

We suggest that you check the following steps on how to raise the mic volume:

• Check the Speaker icon on the system tray. Right click on it and choose "Recording Devices" menu.
    • This will show Sound window. Go to Recording tab of Sound window, you will notice the microphone which is active that has a green check mark. Right click on the active microphone and select "Properties".
    • You will now see Microphone Properties window. Go to the
      Levels
      tab and you will now see Microphone and
      Microphone Boos
      t. You can use the sliders to modify your volume settings. Click
      OK button to save changes.

Let us know how it works so we can further assist you.

Vicky Acs, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Help!!! Volume buttons not working and instead it goes into a new tab

1. Help!!! Volume buttons not working and instead it goes into a new tab - Similar Threads - Help Volume buttons

2. volume buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume buttons: my asus rog zephyrus g15 gaming laptop volume buttons dont work if i reset my laptop will the volume buttons work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons/487d553e-3c80-4b3d-a3bf-17c19840e2f0
  3. volume buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume buttons: my asus rog zephyrus g15 gaming laptop volume buttons dont work if i reset my laptop will the volume buttons work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons/487d553e-3c80-4b3d-a3bf-17c19840e2f0
  4. My volume button is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My volume button is not working: Hello, my volume button is not working when i click the volume with the plus sign it shows up a search box thingy in chrome and when i click the volume with the minus sign it does nothing when i click the no volume sign it shows up the chrome help center how could i fix this?...
  5. My volume button is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My volume button is not working: Hello, my volume button is not working when i click the volume with the plus sign it shows up a search box thingy in chrome and when i click the volume with the minus sign it does nothing when i click the no volume sign it shows up the chrome help center how could i fix this?...
  6. My volume button is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. VOLUME BUTTONS ON KEYBOARD NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Customization
    VOLUME BUTTONS ON KEYBOARD NOT WORKING: For some reason now when I press F1 F2 or F3 to adjust the volume it doesn't work anymore. F1 brings me to the Microsoft Edge page and F2 and F3 open a small search window. How do I get the buttons to default to volume control again and how could this have changed on it's...
  8. Volume buttons are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume buttons are not working: For some reason when i turned my PC on and went on YouTube, I tried turning my volume up and it didn't work. All the other buttons on my keyboard work, except for those three. The mute, lower volume, and higher volume buttons. I need help....
  9. Volume buttons

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume buttons: My volume buttons aren't working, how do turn down up or down the volume with the volume buttons on the keyboard? I have the Surface Laptop burgundy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons/d069bf98-9209-49c9-a6df-a5a2608b0306
  10. volume button on keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volume button on keyboard not working: I don't know anything about computers. I just got my laptop back after it being stuck in a different country for a month, i don't know if they touche it or what. but anyway. any time i press the volume button on my keyboard which are on the f10-f12 keys all it does it **** up...