Windows 10: Help - W10 lost the user folder path. not possible to login

Discus and support Help - W10 lost the user folder path. not possible to login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have an intel NUC, with a 120 Gb SSD and external 2To 2,5" HDD. When i installed W10, i followed this tutorial Users Folder - Move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Louis75, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Louis75 Win User

Help - W10 lost the user folder path. not possible to login

Hello,

I have an intel NUC, with a 120 Gb SSD and external 2To 2,5" HDD.
    When i installed W10, i followed this tutorial
    Users Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums - i only moved user folder to the HDD on D:\User\
    I set up autologin with netplwiz command.

It all worked fine... until i decided to change the computer name today.
    I used the classic windows option : option 1 here Computer Name - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Now Windows cannot logon because it doesn"t find the user profile.
    I've tried to step back with the option 3 (command line) and other options such as recovery from systemp do not work.
    What can i do ?
    Thanks for your help.
    Louis

:)

Louis75, Aug 20, 2016

2. Windows 10 OneDrive

Aditya,

Download and apply the REG fix #3 here:
    Windows 10 User Shell Folders Restore Default Paths
    . This restores the default paths for all shell folders, in the registry. Logoff and login back, and then try to redirect the folders.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 20, 2016
  3. path

Hi,

I'm new on W10, I have folders in my documents so on my old W7 any folder in my documents would be C:/Users/My Name.....

in w10 its C:/Users/User... even though I have changed my computer and account name to"My name"but it still shows User.

How could I change user to "my name" to be reflected in the path?

Many thanks

Othman1937, Aug 20, 2016
  4. Louis75 Win User

Solution : reboot as administrator + verify External drive letter + restore old name if necessary.
    In my case, external hdd moved from D:\ to E:\

Louis75, Aug 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Help - W10 lost the user folder path. not possible to login - Similar Threads - Help W10 lost

2. Can't browse to user folder, must enter path manually

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't browse to user folder, must enter path manually: I am setting up a new laptop running Windows 10 Home. I moved the content folders (Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos) from my User Account folder on the small SSD to a secondary HDD using the Properties, Location. Move method. Now when I navigate to the Users...
  3. Double Audio Path Possible?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double Audio Path Possible?: Is it possible to split the audio path on Windows 10 and send audio to both bluetooth headphones and through the built-in headphone jack in my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-audio-path-possible/0c6b6063-4790-45a2-8920-f85bd09f4c9b
  4. Possible to hide a user but still login? Home edition.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Possible to hide a user but still login? Home edition.: Hi all I've hidden a non-admin user by changing the registry (as it's Windows 10 Home edition) as per here and here. What I would like is to then be able to select "Other Sign In Options" when I need to use this account, however as there is only one user "enabled"/not...
  5. Is it possible to get always the full path of a folder in windows10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to get always the full path of a folder in windows10?: I would like to have this feature as default, as a long time ago. An address like C:\Users\User Name\Documents\folder1\folder2 Thank you. 117815
  6. W10 Unrecognized C:\Users Folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    W10 Unrecognized C:\Users Folder: This is a problem with multiple levels I think, so I'm trying to isolate them one by one... I have a backup computer on my network (running latest W10 update), and under C:\Users there is a folder (call it Joe). However, when I run "net user" on the command line it doesn't...
  7. Is it possible to modify the default User Icon on the login screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to modify the default User Icon on the login screen?: Hi everyone, Sorry if this has already been asked, new to the site so haven't had time to dig around for it. I was wondering if it was possible to change the icon for the Default user account at the login screen. I know in the past you could "hack" the authui.dll on Windows 7...
  8. Possible Lost Packets.

Possible Lost Packets.: Hello All, So down to the point, For around 2 years ago we used Sky internet(UK Fibre Company) Had a lot of issues specifically where whilst playing cs go, My ping would sit around 40 on average and spike up to 200+ every 6-7 seconds rendering it unplayable. I changed...
  9. W10 changes user rights on folders

W10 changes user rights on folders: I am running a multiboot W7-pro and W10-pro with several harddisks build in the computer to discover that after W10 used a disk W7 wants to check it to find no errors. Beside that I am not allowed to delete some folders I created in W7 after using them in W10 and they are set...
  10. A possible issue when setting up a folder in the environment path...

in Windows 10 Support
    A possible issue when setting up a folder in the environment path...: The other day I was setting up this: C:\Python27 in the environment variable path so I can access Python from the command prompt. Usually in the previous builds and in Win8/Win7 you just perform the set up in the PC/Computer properties and when you're pressed Ok the requisite...