Windows 10: Help - W10 lost the user folder path. not possible to login

Discus and support Help - W10 lost the user folder path. not possible to login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have an intel NUC, with a 120 Gb SSD and external 2To 2,5" HDD. When i installed W10, i followed this tutorial Users Folder - Move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Louis75, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Louis75 Win User

Help - W10 lost the user folder path. not possible to login

Hello,

I have an intel NUC, with a 120 Gb SSD and external 2To 2,5" HDD.
    When i installed W10, i followed this tutorial
    Users Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums - i only moved user folder to the HDD on D:\User\
    I set up autologin with netplwiz command.

It all worked fine... until i decided to change the computer name today.
    I used the classic windows option : option 1 here Computer Name - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Now Windows cannot logon because it doesn"t find the user profile.
    I've tried to step back with the option 3 (command line) and other options such as recovery from systemp do not work.
    What can i do ?
    Thanks for your help.
    Louis

:)

Louis75, Aug 20, 2016

2. Windows 10 OneDrive

Aditya,

Download and apply the REG fix #3 here:
    Windows 10 User Shell Folders Restore Default Paths
    . This restores the default paths for all shell folders, in the registry. Logoff and login back, and then try to redirect the folders.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 20, 2016
  3. path

Hi,

I'm new on W10, I have folders in my documents so on my old W7 any folder in my documents would be C:/Users/My Name.....

in w10 its C:/Users/User... even though I have changed my computer and account name to"My name"but it still shows User.

How could I change user to "my name" to be reflected in the path?

Many thanks

Othman1937, Aug 20, 2016
  4. Louis75 Win User

Solution : reboot as administrator + verify External drive letter + restore old name if necessary.
    In my case, external hdd moved from D:\ to E:\

Louis75, Aug 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Help - W10 lost the user folder path. not possible to login - Similar Threads - Help W10 lost

2. Lost documents folder for a user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost documents folder for a user: I had unstalled miniconda and noticed my documents folder is gone with all the python notebooks! how do I recover them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-documents-folder-for-a-user/fa926e37-d687-44b4-974f-09f8870995c3
  3. Lost documents folder for a user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost documents folder for a user: I had unstalled miniconda and noticed my documents folder is gone with all the python notebooks! how do I recover them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-documents-folder-for-a-user/fa926e37-d687-44b4-974f-09f8870995c3
  4. Lost documents folder for a user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Folder path user profiles issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder path user profiles issue: We have user profiles in windows 10 system stored on D: partition.However they are logically stored on D:\UserData, but actual physical path is D:\Users.It means if I browse to D:\UserData, I am redirected to D:\Users. Path on windows explorer address bar shows "This PC >...
  6. Folder path user profiles issue

Folder path user profiles issue: We have user profiles in windows 10 system stored on D: partition.However they are logically stored on D:\UserData, but actual physical path is D:\Users.It means if I browse to D:\UserData, I am redirected to D:\Users. Path on windows explorer address bar shows "This PC >...
  7. Folder path user profiles issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Lost my user folder

Lost my user folder: In the process of moving some of my user folders to another drive Documents, Music, Videos, etc. I somehow seem to have lost the root user folder containing my appdata, roaming, local, etc. folders. I tried opening file explorer and typing in %userprofile% and the result came...
  9. Lost User Folder/Data

Lost User Folder/Data: Hi! Please pardon my total and complete ignorance! I noticed my user folder name was truncated or so I thought from Gaston to Gasto . I tried renaming it and ended up having to reload all my apps and links. that didn't work. I noticed it was truncated to "gasto" again...
  10. Lost Users folder

Lost Users folder: In the properties for my C:\Users\ten24 folder, I checked "Hidden", hoping to be able to get to my AppData file. I wasn't paying attention to what happened after that, but now the ten24 folder is gone, with all of the files in Documents, etc. Is there someway for me to...