Windows 10: Help wake up computer from shut down using keyboard and mouse

Discus and support Help wake up computer from shut down using keyboard and mouse in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am new to this subreddit. I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 Home that I have connected to an external monitor, SteelSeries mechanical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Electric-Monitor138, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Help wake up computer from shut down using keyboard and mouse

I am new to this subreddit. I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 Home that I have connected to an external monitor, SteelSeries mechanical keyboard, and Logitech gaming mouse.

I am trying to figure out how to turn on the pc using the keyboard and the mouse. I have already enable the keyboard and mouse to wake the pc from sleep, but that does not let me turn the computer on.

Is it possible to turn on a setting like this?

Thank all of y'all in advance for the help!

submitted by /u/Electric-Monitor138
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Electric-Monitor138, Dec 26, 2020
  2. coffent Win User

How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?

Thanks lgentry. I have a Microsoft wired keyboard and a Logitech wireless mouse. Under Device Manager>Keyboards it lists two "HID Keyboard Device"s and the Microsoft keyboard. Unchecking the "Allow this device to wake the computer" for the two HID keyboards fixed the problem as you suggested. Weird that one must prevent "keyboards" from waking the computer to in fact prevent the mouse from waking it.

coffent, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.

When my computer goes to sleep, power light is blinking on the computer so perhaps it's deep sleep, moving the USB attached mouse does not wake it up.
    Allow mouse to wake is enabled:

Help wake up computer from shut down using keyboard and mouse [​IMG]

This used to work, even with 2004 but somewhere with one of their updates it stopped working. I tried a new mouse, same problem. Any suggestions?

Yes, I've done many Google searches and looked at lots of responses but there really is nothing more than the above as far as a suggested fix.

I've uninstalled the mouse from Device Manager then rebooted, no help.

USB attached keyboard works okay and wakes the computer.

Ztruker, Dec 26, 2020
  4. lgentry Win User

Help wake up computer from shut down using keyboard and mouse

How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?

SOLUTION to fixing wireless mouse waking computer from sleep. I know this is an old thread but wanted to share what fixed this for me in case it might help someone. I fought this problem for months. I have (one) Logitech wired keyboard and (one) Logitech wireless mouse. In device manager under 'keyboards' Windows lists 2 devices - HID keyboard device and Logitech HID compliant keyboard. Under 'Mice and other pointing devices' it lists 2 devices -HID compliant mouse and Logitech HID compliant unifying mouse. If you uncheck 'allow this device to wake computer' on everything but Logitech HID compliant keyboard, the mouse will no longer wake computer. I feel the same scenario would probably work for those of you who use a Microsoft cordless mouse. I tested this even further by connecting a no-name wired mouse instead of the wireless one. Of course that mouse woke computer until I unchecked the box in power management. This issue seems to happen when either a Microsoft or Logitech unifying receiver is in the scenario. It does not happen when both keyboard and mouse are plain old wired devices. In that case Windows identifies only one mouse and one keyboard.

lgentry, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Help wake up computer from shut down using keyboard and mouse

1. Help wake up computer from shut down using keyboard and mouse - Similar Threads - Help wake computer

2. Wake up laptop with external keyboard/mouse whilst it is in hibernate or it shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake up laptop with external keyboard/mouse whilst it is in hibernate or it shut down: Hi Guys, is there a way to wake up a laptop with external keyboard/mouse whilst it is in hibernate mode or off? submitted by /u/ZestycloseServe94 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mhfa1h/wake_up_laptop_with_external_keyboardmouse_whilst/
  3. Wake computer from keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake computer from keyboard/mouse: Hello. When my Windows 10 laptop is sleeping, how do I wake this up from the keyboard/mouse? This is connected to a docking station with dual monitors and I would like to not have to open my laptop every time to wake this....
  4. how to wake up from hibernation using keyboard or mouse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to wake up from hibernation using keyboard or mouse: HI, i do use hibernation option instead of sleep to conserve battery life is there away to wake up from keyboard or mouse in normal sleep PC woke up easily from any mouse click or keyboard...
  5. Computer won't shut down, and won't wake from sleep.

Computer won't shut down, and won't wake from sleep.: The common 'Warnings' I see in event viewer are: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\VID_B58E&PID_9E84&MI_03&Col02\7&138e2f98&0&0001. & at the 'error' level: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b...
  6. Keyboard shuts down computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard shuts down computer: Hi, I have a desktop computer that I have been using for quite a while. Recently my computer started to shut down on its own. After a while of tinkering I saw that whenever I plugged in the keyboard it would shut down. After trying a lot of things I decided to format the...
  7. Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode

Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode: Have had this laptop for many years now and installed Windows 10 (from Win 7) when it was made available. Within the last few months the laptop can no longer resume from sleep mode and shuts down unexpectedly. Seeing as how this never happened before and I have been running...
  8. Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep: This problem happened for me last week but after a system restore it was seemingly fixed. After having to restart my computer again however, it's come back: every time I put Windows in sleep mode and turn it back on, it instantly shuts off. Not even a blue screen, it just...
  9. Laptop immediately waking up from sleep and shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop immediately waking up from sleep and shut down: As the title says, when I put the laptop to sleep it boots up right away, when I do a full shut down, it turns off, boots up after 2 seconds, fails while making a strange sound, then boots up again normally This has been bothering me for three weeks now, I have looked...
  10. Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep: This issue's surfaced for me since this morning. Whenever I put Windows to sleep, either manually or closing my lid, it shuts down the instant I start it back up. How do I figure out the cause of this and how to fix it? 11121