Windows 10: Help wanted for managing space for Windows Backup...

Discus and support Help wanted for managing space for Windows Backup... in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a 2TB backup disk, and schedule a weekly backup of my USER data only, no system image created. My most recent backup apparently did not complete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by sandra, Jan 28, 2016.

1. sandra Win User

Help wanted for managing space for Windows Backup...

I have a 2TB backup disk, and schedule a weekly backup of my USER data only, no system image created. My most recent backup apparently did not complete due to lack of space, per the msg. in Windows Backup...

There is a system image on the same disk, presumably in the folder called WindowsImageBackup? I don't see an option in Windows Backup to delete the system image.

Is it safe to just delete this folder WindowsImageBackup in FileExplorer (perhaps after I create a new system image on another disk Help wanted for managing space for Windows Backup... :)?

As of last backup my USER directory was about 300GB, but the backup is shown as 633GB.
    When I go to "manage disk space" in Windows backup, I only see a single backup period, 11/15/15 - 1/27/16, so it appears that I can only delete the entire backup.

So I wonder why is this backup so large? How can I avoid having it just keep growing?

:)

sandra, Jan 28, 2016

2. Windows 7 backup is filling up my NAS (drobo) and will not delete/prune old backups.

I'm backing up data from multiple machines using the windows 7 backup application (in windows 10) to a drobo (NAS) that reports by default has 16 TB of available space. So the windows backup does not see the actual space available so it will prune old
    backups saving space. So the drives are constantly filling up and we are having to add new drives because windows will not delete the old backups. Is there a way to managed the maximum size of backup files windows will create or modify the percent of drive
    space it will take before it begins to delete old backups. I don't want to have to manually go into each machine and delete old backups every couple of months

jasonlalanne, Jan 28, 2016
  3. 'Backup and Restore (Windows 7)'

Running on Windows 10. Backed up to an external hard-drive using 'backup and restore (Windows 7)'. Icon 'Manage space' not responsive. Help much appreciated

Robert-Downing, Jan 28, 2016
Thema:

Help wanted for managing space for Windows Backup...

1. Help wanted for managing space for Windows Backup... - Similar Threads - Help wanted managing

2. Windows Manage storage spaces

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Manage storage spaces: i have a windows 10 pro computer with a storage space set up with 3 drives in a two-way mirror and im wanting to move the storage space drives to a faster computer that im getting ready to build and reinstall windows in vmware vsphere. is there a way that i can move the...
  3. create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces: Dear all, I have connected two USB storage drives, each one of them is 16 GB. I tried to create a new virtual pool but it did not work out. I thought the size is not enough and it may need extra storage spaces. I connected 64 GB then opened the storage space but I am still...
  4. Manage PCs and Backup Files in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Manage PCs and Backup Files in Windows 10: Hi, We are a group of 6 people working out of co-working space which has a common wifi to which everyone connects to (including the 6 of us). I had two questions: First, is there was a way I as the administrator can restrict the other users access and enforce group policies...
  5. Windows color management help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows color management help: I have a Dell UP2516D which is a wide gamut display, so Windows apparently doesn't recognize this and saturates every color in photo viewer, movies viewer and windows native apps. Until now I've been able to live with this because Adobe apps and Chrome managed their own...
  6. How do I manage backup space? The link doesn't open.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I manage backup space? The link doesn't open.: I have space being consumed on an external drive of old backups. These were created a while ago and I want to keep one or two around for historical archives, but the rest can go. Trouble is, how do I get backup and restore to manage them? Or... should I just drill down and...
  7. Win7 Backup Data Management

Win7 Backup Data Management: I continue to use the Win 7 User Data Backups even after I upgraded from Win7 to Win10. I do not use the File History Backups offered with Win 10. My question regards the datasets saved by the Win7 Backup procedure. I notice my backups include multiple dated Backup Sets...
  8. Backup drive has not enough space

Backup drive has not enough space: When trying to make an image backup I get"not enough space on drive" although it is a blank drive with 75 GB 25549
  9. Help With Partition Management

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Help With Partition Management: My current disk allocation is seen in the attached pic. Somehow, after installation of 10 I ended up with this. [img] The highlighted partitions are all showing as being empty (100% free space), the circled partitions show 2 recovery partitions, and my primary boot/win...
  10. Disk space management assistance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk space management assistance: Good job, ! I'm glad you got it sorted.*Smile IF you were to want to recover that disk space (now unallocated) to use in the Windows partition, the next step would be using a partition tool (similar to: https://www.partitionwizard.com/free...n-manager.html ) to slide the...