Windows 10: HELP!..We couldn' access this account: Gmail. You might need to update your password or...

Discus and support HELP!..We couldn' access this account: Gmail. You might need to update your password or... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'd be glad of any advice. using Mail with W10 desktop pc. I have two accounts, *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and *** Email address is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ormesbyjohn., Nov 6, 2018.

1. HELP!..We couldn' access this account: Gmail. You might need to update your password or...

I'd be glad of any advice.

using Mail with W10 desktop pc. I have two accounts, *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

xx1 has recently stopped allowing mail in or out whereas xx2 is fine.

And xx1 is ok on another pc and iphone.

Please advise how to access xx1 on this pc again.

This is the note I get:-

We couldn' access this account: Gmail. You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device

Thanks,

Pete

:)

ormesbyjohn., Nov 6, 2018

2. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Winuser Win User
    Can't access Gmail account

I have my gmail account setup for 2 step verification. I was worried because I wasn't receiving a text with my code. It's working again so I guess it was a problem at there end.

Winuser, Nov 6, 2018
  4. sam02 Win User

HELP!..We couldn' access this account: Gmail. You might need to update your password or...

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

HELP!..We couldn' access this account: Gmail. You might need to update your password or...

1. HELP!..We couldn' access this account: Gmail. You might need to update your password or... - Similar Threads - HELP couldn' access

2. We can't sign you into your account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't sign you into your account: When trying to sign into a laptop my friends she gets the message We can't sign in to your account. It says to sign out to fix the problem but after signing out it just repeats. We need to access files on the laptop and I have added myself in safe mode and can sign in but...
  3. We can't sign you into your account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We can't sign you into your account: When trying to sign into a laptop my friends she gets the message We can't sign in to your account. It says to sign out to fix the problem but after signing out it just repeats. We need to access files on the laptop and I have added myself in safe mode and can sign in but...
  4. we can't sign you into your account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    we can't sign you into your account: I have a user account, that no matter which computer he logs into, he gets We can't sign you into your account. This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account and signing back in....He gets this on any computer he signs into. Any ideas?...
  5. we can't sign you into your account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we can't sign you into your account: I have a user account, that no matter which computer he logs into, he gets We can't sign you into your account. This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account and signing back in....He gets this on any computer he signs into. Any ideas?...
  6. we can't sign you into your account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. We need to fix your account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    We need to fix your account: Myself, along with many others have long been plagued by this problem. 'We need to fix your Microsoft account'. There have been many suggestions for this, some seem to work, some don't. Surely this is a Microsoft problem so can they please 'fix' it....
  8. We can't sign you into your account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    We can't sign you into your account: This is a bummer! Or, I am a bummer. I staarted up the Admin account, and it wouldn't sign in. Then, I guess because of the changes I made in the registry, I can't sign in to my normal account. The name is there, the pin is accepted. But rather than saying "Welcome", I'm...
  9. Microsoft account problem, We need you to fix your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft account problem, We need you to fix your Microsoft account: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you go on to sign-in with your Microsoft account, Windows 10, sometimes throws up an error message reading – Microsoft account problem, We need you to fix your Microsoft account on Windows. There appears to be no specific reason [...] This post...
  10. We couldn't access this account: Gmail...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    We couldn't access this account: Gmail...: To solve the problem of " We couldn't access this account: Gmail, (because I disabled less secure apps), I went to this site: "https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps?pli=1" and click "ON". Problem solved....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we couldnt access this account gmail

2. you might need to update your password

3. bigpond outlook update password or give the account permission

4. give account permission to sync this device,
  5. we couldnt access this account: gmail. You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device,
  6. couldnt access this account Gmail you might need to update your password or give permission,
  7. we couldntt acess this account: gmail. You might need to update your password or give the acount permission to sync to this device,
  8. we couldnt access this account. you might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync,
  9. we couldbt access this account you might need to update ypyr password,
  10. windows mail error we couldnt access thi account. you might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device,
  11. we couldnt access this account:Gmail. You might need to update your password,
  12. we couldnt access this account you might need to update your password or give account permission to sync to this device mail app,
  13. we couldnt access this account: G mail,
  14. we couldnt access this account. Gmail. You might need to update your password or give the permission to sync to this device,
  15. we couldnt access this account: googlemail. you might need to update your password