Windows 10: Help - What's Happening with Update After Reversion to 1709?

Discus and support Help - What's Happening with Update After Reversion to 1709? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Pardon another, but it seems that update still may not be sorted following the recent failure of 1803 and Windows initiated reversion to 1709 This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ondablade, Jun 7, 2018.

1. ondablade Win User

Help - What's Happening with Update After Reversion to 1709?

Pardon another, but it seems that update still may not be sorted following the recent failure of 1803 and Windows initiated reversion to 1709

This entailed the previously discussed reset of corrupted update history, system file checking (all OK), and setting of downloads and installations to require permissions (it's Win 10 Pro, not home as on the icon) - all made possible by the help received.

Several matters are causing concern that something still isn't quite right in Windows settings or Windows update - or else that I'm misunderstanding the situation:

1. The Windows update blue screen with the circling white dots and 'wait a moment' message has for a couple of days been coming up for perhaps 10 sec every time when the computer is shut down - perhaps suggesting that either a prior download is stuck, or that something not OKed is trying to download.

Or perhaps just that I need to OK the installation of the last download, but it's not being offered.

2. There's two more downloads on offer (for Windows Defender and Adobe Flash Player) which after the last lot of mayhem I really don't want to OK pending some clarity on what's happening.

3. There's a red warning to the effect that 'some settings are managed by your organisation' displaying in WIndows update. This may be just a routine notification of the update settings, or not.

4. The last minor update download (possibly for Defender) I OKed may somehow (?) have messed up the Firefox installation. (the shortcut problem addressed in the browsers topic)

It wasn't recorded by Windows update history (perhaps because it wasn't installed?), but there wasn't any request presented for permission to install it either.

I haven't run with the setting requiring Windows to ask for permission for both downloading and installation of updates before.

1. Does the red warning text (3) suggest a problem? I'm the admin, it's a stand alone PC.

2. Should it automatically be asking for permission to install what's been OKed to download?

3. Should downloads and installations both be recorded in Windows update history/how does this work now that it's required to ask for permissions?

4. Does the circling dots/blue Windows update screen before shutdown suggest a download is in progress that either I don't know about, or else that the one OKed a few days ago didn't for some reason complete and is hung?

Thanks

:)

ondablade, Jun 7, 2018

2. Screen Brightness works reverse after installing Windows 10 update

I was facing the reverse brightness control after upgrading to windows10. The troubleshooting option solved it. Thanks!

Abhijeet Sarkar, Jun 8, 2018
  3. What happened to the old 8.1 screen saver

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

I would suggest you un-install and re-install the software and see if that helps.

Try the following steps:

• Press windows + R keys to open Run command
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    • look for this software and uninstall it.

Re-install the software and check.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Help - What's Happening with Update After Reversion to 1709?

1. Help - What's Happening with Update After Reversion to 1709? - Similar Threads - Help What's Happening

2. This happened after the update, need help please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This happened after the update, need help please: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/itsdinou [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l2y11z/this_happened_after_the_update_need_help_please/
  3. whats happening to the screen , need help .

whats happening to the screen , need help .: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/abcdefghijklmnspqr0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6oe7c/whats_happening_to_the_screen_need_help/
  4. HELP What just happened?

HELP What just happened?: I wanted to delete some files and when I tried deleting them in my garbage bin my whole desktop got filled with all my files that I had in folders on my desktop. My mouse is permanently loading when I hover desktop. I can't click down right corner to get to the desktop it...
  5. What is happening Someone please help.

What is happening Someone please help.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Clabe_YT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5j2p1/what_is_happening_someone_please_help/
  6. Pls help! What is happening?

Pls help! What is happening?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DasEddi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dobayv/pls_help_what_is_happening/
  7. Windows 1709 upgrade is not happening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1709 upgrade is not happening: Hi Team, Need help on upgrading Windows 10 from 1607 to 1709. We have more than 70 device in particular region having issue with windows upgrade all the devices are not getting upgrade it to 1709 Version. at the moment all the devices are having 1607. if we tried to...
  8. What Happens To Those Of Us Who Can't Update Beyond 1709?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What Happens To Those Of Us Who Can't Update Beyond 1709?: From Googling people like me there seem to be an awful lot who have tried every which way to install 1803 and then 1809 and no doubt 1903 will be the same. What did Microsoft do to the updates that made them so finicky? 132080
  9. Cortana is not working , it happened way before after my windows updated to 1709 , still...

in Cortana
    Cortana is not working , it happened way before after my windows updated to 1709 , still...: so basically Cortana is not working anymore if I click on the mic either one of those two options will happen: 1.it will say "click here to make sure Cortana can hear you" so I do so and then the troubleshooter detects that my mic is set up so then I set it up, come back to...
  10. What Happened to the Standard Help Option

in Windows 10 Support
    What Happened to the Standard Help Option: Any time I try to use the question mark icon on the upper right side of the screen I get Cortana. When I type in a question, I just get to the Edge browser and the results of a search. Here is the Windows 8.1 result when I click the question mark on File Explorer page:...