Windows 10: HELP!!!! When i copy a file from place to another it shows an error message.

Discus and support HELP!!!! When i copy a file from place to another it shows an error message. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH]It is showing cant read from source file or disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by albinjoy, Sep 28, 2020.

1. albinjoy Win User

HELP!!!! When i copy a file from place to another it shows an error message.

HELP!!!! When i copy a file from place to another it shows an error message. e3f335c9-b724-4e41-b9c1-765f2609032f?upload=true.png It is showing cant read from source file or disk

:)

albinjoy, Sep 28, 2020

2. Script can copy file directory in one spot but not the other

So it will show you custom error message if the file fails to copy for any reason in other words?

PVTCaboose1337, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Script can copy file directory in one spot but not the other

yes

Hybrid_theory, Sep 28, 2020
  4. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

1. HELP!!!! When i copy a file from place to another it shows an error message. - Similar Threads - HELP copy file

2. I copied the file to USB. However, when I try to copy or open it on another computer, it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I copied the file to USB. However, when I try to copy or open it on another computer, it...: I copied the file to USB. However, when I try to copy or open it on another computer, it asks me if I need everyone's permission to perform. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-copied-the-file-to-usb-however-when-i-try-to/41a40b16-2042-4faa-a3cf-abf9dfb7b718
  3. I copied the file to USB. However, when I try to copy or open it on another computer, it...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I copied the file to USB. However, when I try to copy or open it on another computer, it...: I copied the file to USB. However, when I try to copy or open it on another computer, it asks me if I need everyone's permission to perform. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-copied-the-file-to-usb-however-when-i-try-to/41a40b16-2042-4faa-a3cf-abf9dfb7b718
  4. I copied the file to USB. However, when I try to copy or open it on another computer, it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Copying files from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copying files from one drive to another: Hello, I am copying my useless files from my small storaged ssd to my harddrive, but when i copy over the files their sizes are 10x bigger, the files im copying is only 7.20 gb large but it's copying 70gb worth of storage to my hdd? Please give answers :) submitted by...
  6. Copying files from one computer to another.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copying files from one computer to another.: I have several NTFS formatted portable HDDs that when new files are copied onto them from one machine and I attempt to read them on another machine the new files don't appear. I've tried to use chkdsk in command mode with the /f switch, but that will not run because I'm...
  7. Error when I copy paste files on another folder or external drive.

Error when I copy paste files on another folder or external drive.: When I copy paste a folder to another folder or external drive I get the following error: Destination Path too long. I can't just simply rename the folder or move thing around because it's files from projects like android studio and unity. Any solutions? Thanks in advance....
  8. Custom folder icon keep changing to default when I Copy/Move it to another place.

Custom folder icon keep changing to default when I Copy/Move it to another place.: Hi there, here is what I am talking about: When I change folder icon with software, then I copy/move the folder to another place in Windows 10, the custom icon resets to default empty folder icon. I found out the solution, so I'm gonna tell you: The problem is because of...
  9. Another account showed on Startup and error message

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Another account showed on Startup and error message: From a few minutes, I have a new problem with Win10 post Anniversary Update. I have just one account on my PC. I checked netplwiz and other stuff to be sure, but there is only one, mine, as administrator, and nothing more. Now for some reason, Win 10 on startup login...
  10. Data copied from GPT doesn't show when plugged into another computer

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Data copied from GPT doesn't show when plugged into another computer: I've been backing up data from drives via Sata to a backup server then restoring to another drive for years without any problems, now since GPT every time I restore the copied data to the drive via Sata and then put the drive back in a newly set up computer the data copied...