Windows 10: Help when i delete some files it does not clear space it adds more storage

Discus and support Help when i delete some files it does not clear space it adds more storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I recently decide to clear some space on my laptop aspire v5-571 and I checked my storage I saw it went from 187 GB to 214 GB what's going on I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Edwin Silva rojas, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Help when i delete some files it does not clear space it adds more storage

Hello I recently decide to clear some space on my laptop aspire v5-571 and I checked my storage I saw it went from 187 GB to 214 GB what's going on I'm freaking out what do I don't understand. Extra info I recently got Avira antivirus

Help when i delete some files it does not clear space it adds more storage 22f0d54c-6b5c-4961-9b56-4bdfaeaae960?upload=true.jpg

:)

Edwin Silva rojas, Feb 5, 2021

2. Clearing storage space

I'm trying to clear up some space. I've cleared and deleted all unwanted files, the issue is when I open up my storage it indicates that 'temporary files' are taking up 4.25GB of space, yet when I open it up it shows only 50MB worth of data to clear. I have
    previously cleared these files yet my laptop storage still seems to think its there.

Any ideas why? and what I should do?

Thanks

HarryAinsworth7, Feb 5, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    storage space

Hi Beccs

What size internal storage do you have on your PC, is that a 32GB (29.1GB usable)drive or do you have more storage than that on your system?

In the meantime try this, if this does not clear enough space, please let me know:

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Help when i delete some files it does not clear space it adds more storage

Storage Spaces capacity error

Hi, Thanks for your response.

But this does not explain why 'storage spaces' says my pool is full and 'My PC' says i have 7.5 tb of space available?

'My PC' IS correct, 'storage spaces is incorrect. But 'storage spaces' will not let me add any new files/data.

I did run Disk cleanup like you suggested but there were no files to clean in the 'storage spaces' pool.

The pool is only used to store media files. Not OS.

Please help x

trickyricky1, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Help when i delete some files it does not clear space it adds more storage

1. Help when i delete some files it does not clear space it adds more storage - Similar Threads - Help delete files

2. I want to clear up some space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to clear up some space: Hi, I wanna clear up some space since my pc is running slow, and i can't play my games on maximum graphics, and most of them are on low fps, I dont know which folder to delete on local disk c since i might delete important things, Can anyone help me with this?, I might not be...
  3. I want to clear up some space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to clear up some space: Hi, I wanna clear up some space since my pc is running slow, and i can't play my games on maximum graphics, and most of them are on low fps, I dont know which folder to delete on local disk c since i might delete important things, Can anyone help me with this?, I might not be...
  4. I want to clear up some space

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Clearing storage space

Clearing storage space: I'm trying to clear up some space. I've cleared and deleted all unwanted files, the issue is when I open up my storage it indicates that 'temporary files' are taking up 4.25GB of space, yet when I open it up it shows only 50MB worth of data to clear. I have previously cleared...
  6. I Cannot Seem To Clear Storage Space For An Update

I Cannot Seem To Clear Storage Space For An Update: For several months, I have been trying to clear enough storage space, but I just cannot seem to clear enough. I have even deleted all my files from my laptop, but there is still only a bit of storage left. I am afraid to tell my aunt. She is incredibly bipolar and I do not...
  7. need more storage space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need more storage space: I have a ASUS E402S and it does not have enough storage for windows 10 to update. What can I do to get more storage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-more-storage-space/fdd87d0f-f50a-4a6c-9a11-175805b5cc21
  8. when trying to clear files for more storage I erased thigs I shouldnt have

when trying to clear files for more storage I erased thigs I shouldnt have: I submitted last evening. I rec a reply but couldn't hook up today I tried but no show. So I have a little predicament I had been being told every time I was in the house to free up some space because my c:\ was getting full. And it was so I decided to free up some, so I had...
  9. Storage Spaces deleted my files

Storage Spaces deleted my files: I woke up my PC and received a message from Windows 10 that "We have turned on Storage Sense for you". The service deleted my files. How do I turn off Storage Sense permanently? It was already turned off in Settings > System > Storage, but it turned itself back on and...
  10. Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space"

Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space": Trying to create a basic Storage Space. No parity, mirroring, or anything. Just a bunch of disks. All disks are functioning normally and have been formatted etc. When I add them to the pool and create the storage space I get the error I've screenshotted below, "Can't Delete...