Windows 10: [Help] When I install the driver, windows 10 freezes and I can't use it.

Discus and support [Help] When I install the driver, windows 10 freezes and I can't use it. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I updated my computer's graphics driver the other day and since then I've been experiencing symptoms of my computer always freezing and not being able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nanonashy, Aug 1, 2020.

1. [Help] When I install the driver, windows 10 freezes and I can't use it.

I updated my computer's graphics driver the other day and since then I've been experiencing symptoms of my computer always freezing and not being able to use it.

The specific symptom is that 3 or 4 seconds after I start windows and the login screen appears, the screen freezes and becomes unusable.

The only thing I can use now is to start safe mode from the recovery drive and the command line. I cleaned up the drive from recovery drive and reinstalled OS, but the symptom was not cured.

I have installed and used Linux on my PC, but I didn't see the symptoms on Linux (archlinux with kde-plasma).

If you know or have any idea of a solution to this symptom please help me out.

I've included the necessary information below. If you have any information that is missing, please don't hesitate to ask. I will respond as best as I can answer.

The driver I put in was the one recommended in the "AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition" installed.

My PC is an HP ENVY x360 13-ag0xxx

CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.00GHz

submitted by /u/nanonashy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nanonashy, Aug 1, 2020

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Fox34 Win User

[Help] When I install the driver, windows 10 freezes and I can't use it.

I cant get drivers to install

Read my guide, goes step buy step for nvidia driver install. Though I use a different driver cause I got 8 series, same method of installation

Fox34, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

[Help] When I install the driver, windows 10 freezes and I can't use it.

1. [Help] When I install the driver, windows 10 freezes and I can't use it. - Similar Threads - Help install driver

2. PC freezes and I can't use it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes and I can't use it: Hello, I've got a pc that freezes every time I use it, I turn it on, it boots, windows launches and after a few minutes it freezes for no reason, and when I force shut down and turn it back on, it freezes while the windows are loading, PC is completely useless because when it...
  3. PC freezes and I can't use it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes and I can't use it: Hello, I've got a pc that freezes every time I use it, I turn it on, it boots, windows launches and after a few minutes it freezes for no reason, and when I force shut down and turn it back on, it freezes while the windows are loading, PC is completely useless because when it...
  4. PC freezes and I can't use it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I can't install audio drivers, please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install audio drivers, please help.: I have a Lenovo thinkpad laptop and I noticed I wasn't getting any audio, even after using different speakers and headphones I made sure audio levels were high and my pc wasn't muted as well. I then went into device manager and uninstalled the audio drivers and...
  6. I can't install audio drivers, please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't install audio drivers, please help.: I have a Lenovo thinkpad laptop and I noticed I wasn't getting any audio, even after using different speakers and headphones I made sure audio levels were high and my pc wasn't muted as well. I then went into device manager and uninstalled the audio drivers and...
  7. Windows 10 freezes when I use a graphics tablet

Windows 10 freezes when I use a graphics tablet: Well, this my problem is quite strange and annoying, mainly because I am a quadrinist that I have to deliver the pages of my comics as soon as possible, and when windows 10 freezes my files get corrupted making me have to do all the lost things again. I already tried all the...
  8. Windows 10 freezes after i install Nvidia driver. [Help]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezes after i install Nvidia driver. [Help]: Today i formatted my PC. So it started installing drivers once it finishs from nvidia driver it completely freeze. My GPU is GT 710 2GB. sometimes it shows bdos errors. submitted by /u/swordkannn [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 freezes when I use browser Edge ,

Windows 10 freezes when I use browser Edge ,: Hello there, My asus Laptop with Ram 8GB, 1 Tb HDD freezes when I use more than 1 tab in edge. I earlier had this issue with chrome too then i Reset my PC and was advied to use only Edge but now I am facing the same issue with Edge. KIndly Help....
  10. Windows 10 freezes when I try to install a driver

Windows 10 freezes when I try to install a driver: Hi I recently built a new PC, but I am having some issues when trying to install certain drivers that I downloaded directly from the motherboard manufacturer. When it freezes, nothing else happens and I have to force shutdown the PC. I don't know if this started to happen...