Windows 10: [Help] When I install the driver, windows 10 freezes and I can't use it.

Discus and support [Help] When I install the driver, windows 10 freezes and I can't use it. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I updated my computer's graphics driver the other day and since then I've been experiencing symptoms of my computer always freezing and not being able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nanonashy, Aug 1, 2020.

1. [Help] When I install the driver, windows 10 freezes and I can't use it.

I updated my computer's graphics driver the other day and since then I've been experiencing symptoms of my computer always freezing and not being able to use it.

The specific symptom is that 3 or 4 seconds after I start windows and the login screen appears, the screen freezes and becomes unusable.

The only thing I can use now is to start safe mode from the recovery drive and the command line. I cleaned up the drive from recovery drive and reinstalled OS, but the symptom was not cured.

I have installed and used Linux on my PC, but I didn't see the symptoms on Linux (archlinux with kde-plasma).

If you know or have any idea of a solution to this symptom please help me out.

I've included the necessary information below. If you have any information that is missing, please don't hesitate to ask. I will respond as best as I can answer.

The driver I put in was the one recommended in the "AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition" installed.

My PC is an HP ENVY x360 13-ag0xxx

CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.00GHz

submitted by /u/nanonashy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nanonashy, Aug 1, 2020

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Fox34 Win User

[Help] When I install the driver, windows 10 freezes and I can't use it.

I cant get drivers to install

Read my guide, goes step buy step for nvidia driver install. Though I use a different driver cause I got 8 series, same method of installation

Fox34, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

[Help] When I install the driver, windows 10 freezes and I can't use it.

1. [Help] When I install the driver, windows 10 freezes and I can't use it. - Similar Threads - Help install driver

2. Laptop freezes when I use Reddit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop freezes when I use Reddit: Sometimes the screen freezes and i can't use the mouse or keyboard and sometimes the screen goes black with a bit of backlighting and wont fix itself until i force it to shut down. this only happens when im using Reddit, sites like Amazon, Youtube and Facebook all seem to...
  3. I can't install a driver because of this error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install a driver because of this error: The Windows Help program is not supported in Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 or later versions of Windows Server. The Windows Help program is available for Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 only. When I try to follow the suggestions to "update the 32 bit help", I get a message...
  4. i can't install wireless driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i can't install wireless driver: First of all, what are you trying to do with the operation systems ...You are making things worse. The point is to make things easier for users of win os systems. Problem with pnputil ..doesn't install driver. And if i can't install wireless driver how do you thing im...
  5. I need help on install audio driver.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help on install audio driver.: I'm using a laptop, windows 10, 64 Last Friday, I was using an earphone. With weird, I don't know what's the name of this, some speaker-startup sound; my earphone stopped working as well as my speaker. I thought it was because of a driver, I uninstalled Realtek high...
  6. when i use faceit A.C computer freez

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    when i use faceit A.C computer freez: hello.. when i ran any kind of anti cheats (face-it) or (esea client) and 5-10 min my computer freez and i have to restart the computer any help !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-use-faceit-ac-computer-freez/d8279e11-7fb6-4edd-9000-c97dc751b461
  7. Windows 10 freezes when I try to install a driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes when I try to install a driver: Hi I recently built a new PC, but I am having some issues when trying to install certain drivers that I downloaded directly from the motherboard manufacturer. When it freezes, nothing else happens and I have to force shutdown the PC. I don't know if this started to happen...
  8. I can't disable windows update driver installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't disable windows update driver installation: I upgraded to 10 again without doing anything I usually do before hand. I went to disable the option to not let windows update install drivers and theres no option. I went to advanced system settings, hardware, then device installation settings and theres only 2 options, yes...
  9. Windows 10 freezes when new Nvidia driver installed

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 freezes when new Nvidia driver installed: Hi all experts, maybe this topic is already somewhere answered but I didn't find any solution after 2 days of searching web. So when I installed windows 10 on my Gigabyte laptop P2542G it stops working after nvidia drivers are updated. It always ask me for a restart and...
  10. Windows 10 install freezes on driver install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install freezes on driver install: I have searched all over google trying to resolve this issue and cant seem to find an answer. I have tried twice to install windows 10 using the auto update. Both times it gets to the screen where it loads files, drivers, etc. It downloads the files fine and when it gets to...