Windows 10: *HELP!!!!!**Why do I need to renew my IP address every time I start my computer before I...

Discus and support *HELP!!!!!**Why do I need to renew my IP address every time I start my computer before I... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; *HELP!!!!!**Why do I need to renew my IP address every time I start my computer before I can get internet access? I have a very weird problem that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by esco0909, May 17, 2019.

1. esco0909 Win User

*HELP!!!!!**Why do I need to renew my IP address every time I start my computer before I...

*HELP!!!!!**Why do I need to renew my IP address every time I start my computer before I can get internet access?
    I have a very weird problem that I have been dealing with for sometime now. When I start or wake my Windows 10 machine I immediately have access to the internet. I found out that the only way to get it back is running command ipconfig /renew and /release to reset the default ip address. However I need to go through this every time I start my machine and its quite annoying. Does anybody know why and more importantly how to fix my this permanently? Thanks!!!

:)

esco0909, May 17, 2019
  2. LoriNolan Win User

IP Address Renew

Hello,

Just recently my computer stopped automatically renewing my IP address. Every time I try to access a different router, I have to release and renew my IP address manually. I am wondering if there is any way I can fix this. I checked the properties on my
    wireless adapter, but it is already set to obtain the IP address automatically.

LoriNolan, May 17, 2019
  3. Side effects of releasing/renewing IP addresses?

There is a fairly well know security package that is causing some users problems on Win 10 AU - browser connections get blocked. (Other TCP/IP connectivity is unaffected - just browsers.) A user of the product found that releasing and renewing DHCP-provided IP address - i.e., doing "ipconfig /release" followed by ipconfig /renew"" temporarily fixes the problem. Can someone explain to me what doing a release/renew does to Windows such that a program - even a program with deeply embedded hooks - would even know this has happened.

Obviously the computer will get a new IP address from DHCP. (Which, for many DHCP servers, will likely be the same as the old one.) If it gets a new address, will this make Windows switch it's network profile from "Private" to "Guest or Public"? (I know the security package will see that.)

And a few more questions relating to /release and /renew but unrelated to the problem:
    I see there are IPv6 versions of /release and /renew. Does that mean that /release and /renew apply to only IPv4 addresses, or do those commands apply to both IPv4 and IPv6? If only IPv4, is there a way to release and renew all addresses? The DHCP server supplied a list of DNS servers as part of the DHCP handshake. Does the release and renew process also renew the list of DNS servers? If so, is there the same division of IPv4 and IPv6?

pokeefe0001, May 17, 2019
  4. tajemunn Win User

*HELP!!!!!**Why do I need to renew my IP address every time I start my computer before I...

Need to reset/renew my IP address

• Click Start->Run, type cmd and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /release at the prompt window, press Enter, it will release the current IP configuration.
    • Type ipconfig /renew at the prompt window, press Enter, wait for a while, the DHCP server will assign a new IP address for your computer.

tajemunn, May 17, 2019
Thema:

1. *HELP!!!!!**Why do I need to renew my IP address every time I start my computer before I... - Similar Threads - *HELP **Why need

2. Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop?: Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-sign-in-every-time-i-open-my/33052619-7253-4817-894f-7c65e12cf9d3
  3. Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop?: Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-sign-in-every-time-i-open-my/33052619-7253-4817-894f-7c65e12cf9d3
  4. My Computer Resets every time I start it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Computer Resets every time I start it: So every time I start my computer and log in my backgrounds, some of my apps, and everything I downloaded the last time I used it is deleted. Some apps stays like AVG antivirus after I starts it again. All settings I editet is also gone. When I start it always says Preparing...
  5. My Computer Resets every time I start it

My Computer Resets every time I start it: So every time I start my computer and log in my backgrounds, some of my apps, and everything I downloaded the last time I used it is deleted. Some apps stays like AVG antivirus after I starts it again. All settings I editet is also gone. When I start it always says Preparing...
  6. Why do I have to do a network reset EVERY TIME I start my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to do a network reset EVERY TIME I start my computer?: Updated to windows 11 a couple weeks ago and every single time I start my computer, I have to do the network reset process to connect to the internet. I never had a single issue with internet before the update. No, it is not my router. I am getting really frustrated as I am a...
  7. Why do I have to do a network reset EVERY TIME I start my computer?

Why do I have to do a network reset EVERY TIME I start my computer?: Updated to windows 11 a couple weeks ago and every single time I start my computer, I have to do the network reset process to connect to the internet. I never had a single issue with internet before the update. No, it is not my router. I am getting really frustrated as I am a...
  8. Why do I have to do a network reset EVERY TIME I start my computer?

9. Why is Powerpoint starting every time I start my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is Powerpoint starting every time I start my computer?: I have never asked it to be a startup program. Such option does not seem to be in the Powerpoint Options. It is not present on the Startup tab of Task Manager. It is not present in Settings startup. It is not present in the startup folder when I run shell:startup. It is not...
  10. i need my ip address

i need my ip address: what is my ip address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-ip-address/9ebde926-b4b1-4663-a3ab-c3dbf0c53cd0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Worldhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-my-ip-address-where-do-i-find-it/9a934208-2be3-4452-a76e-e0adbacff44b

2. ip address renewing every hour help

3. Worldhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-my-ip-address-where-do-i-find-it/9a934208-2be3-4452-a76e-e0adbacff44b#windows

4. ip address renewing every 24 hr why