Windows 10: Help! why is this happening to my start menue?

Discus and support Help! why is this happening to my start menue? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Muradmalik223 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Muradmalik223, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Help! why is this happening to my start menue?

/u/Muradmalik223, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Darshan J Win User

Help! why is this happening to my start menue?

Start menu not working

Hello Barry,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• Have you installed all the pending updates on your system?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes to your computer?

As an initial troubleshooting step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates on your system and if you are using Microsoft account suggest you to sign out and sign in again and check if resolves the issue.

I suggest you to perform Start menu troubleshooter
    from the below article and check if it help in addressing your issue.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu:

Fix problems with the Start menu

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Darshan J, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Help! why is this happening to my start menue?

1. Help! why is this happening to my start menue? - Similar Threads - Help why happening

2. Why is my start menu crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my start menu crashing?: Hey GuysAbout 2 nights ago i set a new wallpaper on my pc, and whilst doing this i have found a setting that said: Set as tile.I didnt know what was it so i clicked nothing seemed to happen. Later i tried to turn of my pc and it wouldnt do so because the start menu was...
  3. Why is my start menu crashing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my start menu crashing?: Hey GuysAbout 2 nights ago i set a new wallpaper on my pc, and whilst doing this i have found a setting that said: Set as tile.I didnt know what was it so i clicked nothing seemed to happen. Later i tried to turn of my pc and it wouldnt do so because the start menu was...
  4. Why is my start menu crashing?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pls help, why is this happening?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pls help, why is this happening?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Tailstechnology4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m23c3o/pls_help_why_is_this_happening/
  6. Help, why is this happening?

Help, why is this happening?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TinyThumbTom [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktvlo6/help_why_is_this_happening/
  7. Why is my Start Menu Oversized?

Why is my Start Menu Oversized?: [ATTACH] Idk how this happened but is there a fix to this? https://preview.redd.it/kt1vf6ed32561.png?width=787&format=png&auto=webp&s=645e6903fac33810bb007f08b8a00bae6af5a779 submitted by /u/FatBoi1013777 [link] [comments]...
  8. Help why is this happening...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help why is this happening...: When i try to open any folder it opens 'this pc' folder in a new window. shown in this gif https://gfycat.com/farawaypresentairedale how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-why-is-this-happening/606a38d1-464f-438e-8908-7c282ed5a1aa"
  9. What has happened to the icons on my start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    What has happened to the icons on my start menu: I opened my start menu yesterday and this is what I found. Why are "some" of the icons showing with that black background? 140473
  10. What happened to my start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happened to my start menu?: When I clicked on my Start menu, normally I would see the multiple groups and apps I pinned to Start. Such as calculator, notepad, etc. However, everything was gone. It looked like it resetted all of the apps I had pinned. I could see the default apps pinned and the Start...