Windows 10: [Help] Wifi keeps disconnecting, and doesnt allow me to reconnect to ANY wifi. This...

Discus and support [Help] Wifi keeps disconnecting, and doesnt allow me to reconnect to ANY wifi. This... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all. On only certain networks, my laptop will disconnect from the wifi, and then will not allow me to rejoin any networks, as I cannot see any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PUMPITANDLUMPIT, Mar 25, 2020.

1. [Help] Wifi keeps disconnecting, and doesnt allow me to reconnect to ANY wifi. This...

Hey all. On only certain networks, my laptop will disconnect from the wifi, and then will not allow me to rejoin any networks, as I cannot see any networks after I disconnect. For example, I can currently connect to my wifi's 2.4 Ghz option with no disconnects thus far, but once I connect to its 5 Ghz option is disconnects within at most 20 minutes. This is annoying when I am watching lecture videos or playing video games. This issue temporarily fixes when I either reboot my laptop, or run the troubleshooter, at which point I initially got this error:

"The default gateway is not available"

This error went away after I ran the troubleshooter for the first time, and then this error starting propping up:

"Problem with wireless adapter or access point"

And occasionally this error:

"This computer is not set to manually connect to 'WIFI_NAME' "

I have tried messing with many solutions posted in this subreddit and around the internet, such as messing with the device managers adapter settings, removing the network via command prompt and reconnecting, reinstalling the network adapter by removing it and rebooting, and some other methods I have probably forgotten by now. I would appreciate some help. My specs (to the best of my knowledge) are:

Lenovo y50 -70 model number 20738

intel i7 - 4core

gpu - nvidia gtx 960m

lmk if there is any other information you would need. Thanks.

submitted by /u/PUMPITANDLUMPIT
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PUMPITANDLUMPIT, Mar 25, 2020

2. wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

the Wifi on my laptop keeps dropping to just one bar and i can't connect to the internet, and then return to normal after a few seconds. sometimes after dropping to one bar the wifi disconnected or it says "no internet access", and then reconnects itself
    again (but sometimes if this one happens i i have to reconnect manually). some other times this happens continuously, drop-disconnected-reconnect-drop-disconnect-reconnect etc.

but when i went to my cousin's home and use his wifi, this does not happen (or so it seems). at first i thought the problem was from my internet provider, but when i checked my phone everything's normal and not disconnected or anything.

i have tried some solutions like changing the power management and resetting the wifi autoconfig service but nothing happened. my wifi drivers are already up to date. i also did a full scan with antivirus (avast) but nothing came up.

my laptop is Asus X550JX

any help will be appreciated, thank you.

MichaelKristian, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Lianachu Win User
    Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi, have to restart to reconnect

For a few days now, my laptop keeps randomly disconnecting from the wifi. The wifi is fine -- it still works on other devices -- and is still available with full bars but refuses to reconnect unless I restart my laptop, at which point it'll be connected and working fine again (until the the next time).

I've tried updating the wireless adapter drivers and turning off WiFi Sense but no dice.

Lianachu, Mar 25, 2020
  4. [Help] Wifi keeps disconnecting, and doesnt allow me to reconnect to ANY wifi. This...

Disconnecting and reconnecting wifi? Linda W

My wifi keeps disconnecting on me and have to reconnect it why?

Linda M Windle, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

[Help] Wifi keeps disconnecting, and doesnt allow me to reconnect to ANY wifi. This...

1. [Help] Wifi keeps disconnecting, and doesnt allow me to reconnect to ANY wifi. This... - Similar Threads - Help Wifi keeps

2. WIFI keeps in disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI keeps in disconnecting: WIFI driver is updated and the driver was installed using the manufacturer site however I keep getting disconnected. I also update my windows so I dont know what cause. In my browser I keep getting error internet interrupted. I clear cache and try to use different browser and...
  3. My Wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting again and again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting again and again: My Wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting again and again and disturbs my downloads. I ran the troubleshooter as well as attempted to update the driver too 802.11n but nothing happened....
  4. WiFi disconnecting and reconnecting after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi disconnecting and reconnecting after update: I noticed there was an update this morning on my month old gaming laptop and I restarted the laptop. Since restart, my internet has been disconnecting and reconnecting about every 30-40 seconds and there are multiple event logs with the code 7021 - connection telemetry fields...
  5. Wifi disconnects and doesn't automatically reconnect

Wifi disconnects and doesn't automatically reconnect: Because of the low Wi-Fi bandwidth and with full bars in the start screen, the Wi-Fi disconnects the network. After several minutes without an internet connection, it doesn't automatically reconnect. The Wi-Fi that I connected were checked that automatically reconnect after a...
  6. Windows keeps disconnecting wifi and refusing to reconnect

Windows keeps disconnecting wifi and refusing to reconnect: Sometimes this takes a few hours to do, but just now it happened after a few minutes. My connection just disconnects, and when I try to reconnect, I'm told that I have to re-enter the password as some setting have changed. Nothing has changed and it requires a full restart in...
  7. Wifi keeps dropping, fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi again. Only happens on...

Wifi keeps dropping, fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi again. Only happens on...: I'm on windows update 1909, but this issue has been persisting for months. I have recently updated my drivers for my wifi/bluetooth card to no avail. It's really hampering my ability to play games with my friends online. It rarely drops when I'm not playing games. What...
  8. Windows 10 - USB wifi keeps disconnecting/reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - USB wifi keeps disconnecting/reconnecting: Hi. I have been using Win7 for like 9 years and never had real problems with it. My specs are Intel i5-4590, 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD, ASUS GTX 1060 6GB, 2x8GB RAM, 27'' Acer monitor + 24'' Samsung monitor, 600W power supply. I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro N,...
  9. Microsoft Surface Go keeps disconnecting/reconnecting to Wifi

Microsoft Surface Go keeps disconnecting/reconnecting to Wifi: So I've owned this Surface Go for all of a week, and while it does connect to wifi, it keeps dropping the connection and reconnecting every half hour or so, despite that no other device in the house has this issue. I have confirmed it has nothing to do with the connection...
  10. wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly: the Wifi on my laptop keeps dropping to just one bar and i can't connect to the internet, and then return to normal after a few seconds. sometimes after dropping to one bar the wifi disconnected or it says "no internet access", and then reconnects itself again (but sometimes...