Windows 10: Help! Win10 just gave itself away to someone else! old phone#e

Discus and support Help! Win10 just gave itself away to someone else! old phone#e in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just built a new computer and installed Win10. I wasn't sure about my Hotmail Password because i changed it recently and that info is stored in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MarkTaylor63, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Help! Win10 just gave itself away to someone else! old phone#e

I just built a new computer and installed Win10. I wasn't sure about my Hotmail Password because i changed it recently and that info is stored in my old broken computer, and I can't access that HD for that info until I get the new machine working, so I just used my Phone # and it texted me the code I needed to sign-on. Then I began all the updates, and the computer needed to restart. But now I can't sign in - it somehow attached itself to the name/account of the person who had that phone # EIGHT years ago, and it says there is 'suspicious activity', and in order to log onto my new computer, I need to have a code sent to HIS email. It basically gave my new machine and fresh copy of windows away to someone else, and I do not know how to get it back!

:)

MarkTaylor63, Oct 25, 2020

2. Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Oct 25, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 25, 2020
  4. meebers Win User

Help! Win10 just gave itself away to someone else! old phone#e

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Help! Win10 just gave itself away to someone else! old phone#e

1. Help! Win10 just gave itself away to someone else! old phone#e - Similar Threads - Help Win10 gave

2. setting with number phone taken by someone else

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting with number phone taken by someone else: I set up a new computer with my number before i check that is taken by someone. Now the Administrator of my computer is someone else with the pin i created while setting the computer.I have tried to add my phone number to my microsoft account but "This phone number has...
  3. setting with number phone taken by someone else

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    setting with number phone taken by someone else: I set up a new computer with my number before i check that is taken by someone. Now the Administrator of my computer is someone else with the pin i created while setting the computer.I have tried to add my phone number to my microsoft account but "This phone number has...
  4. setting with number phone taken by someone else

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Need help recovering someone elses password :

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need help recovering someone elses password :: Hi everyone, Sadly, my younger brother unexpectedly passed away a couple months ago. I am now in possession of his computer, which contain all his music files, he was a music producer. I am wondering how to go about attaining his password to access the machine as my family...
  6. Unauthorized win10 update just ran itself

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unauthorized win10 update just ran itself: just rebooted and saw UNAUTHORIZED update restart. running OSbuild 19043.985 -19043.867 thankfully everything installed OK, but then when I checked, the HISTORY screen on Win Update SHOWS NO RECENT UPDATE Anyone Else? This is Fn MADNESS 180639
  7. Give old computer to someone else

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Give old computer to someone else: I want to give my old laptop to a friend, but i don't want him to have access to my Microsoft account. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/give-old-computer-to-someone-else/6a4855d8-f594-4f91-9dab-6e3298d68baf
  8. win10/e

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    win10/e: win10/ec/d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10%E5%BA%94%E7%94%A8%E5%95%86%E5%BA%97%E5%AE%89/203c34ec-501d-4109-85fd-8de72517750b
  9. Gave away my Office 2016 - can someone else use it?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Gave away my Office 2016 - can someone else use it?: I have been using Office already since the 90'ties. After purchasing 365, I gave away my retail CD of Office 2016 to a friend of mine - I won't be using it anymore. Gave him my license key. While I have been using an Outlook account, he always used Gmail. To use Office...
  10. How to disable Win10 warning on shutdown if someone else is logged in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to disable Win10 warning on shutdown if someone else is logged in?: I have the habit of clicking Shut Down on my computer and walking away. Then 2 hours later or the next morning I come back to see the "Some else is still using this PC..." warning message. Or some program didn't shut down properly, and I see the "Force Shut Down" button. If I...