Windows 10: Help! Windows 10 black screen with cursor after log in

Discus and support Help! Windows 10 black screen with cursor after log in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I’ve never had this before but an hour ago i started up my pc and after log in my pc screen goes black and you only see a white cursor.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marc Eckhardt, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Help! Windows 10 black screen with cursor after log in

Hi everyone,

I’ve never had this before but an hour ago i started up my pc and after log in my pc screen goes black and you only see a white cursor. I’ve tried some online methods like ctrl alt del and do the explorer trick and restart but that doesn’t work for me. So someone please help me. what can i do about this?

Many thanks!

Marc

:)

Marc Eckhardt, Jun 25, 2019
  2. jds63 Win User

Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Jun 25, 2019
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jun 25, 2019
  4. OliveYahr Win User

Help! Windows 10 black screen with cursor after log in

Black screen with cursor after log-in

A couple months ago my laptop started to log in into a black screen with a visible cursor. By log on I mean that after typing in my password the screen would go black, but before that everything is visible like my backgrounds, my account picture etc. The
    weird thing is that whilst it was in black screen, an update for iTunes came on the screen very clearly despite nothing else being on the screen (except the cursor).

Ive tried booting into safe mood with Internet but I still get no further results than just the black screen and cursor.

Ive been on Windows 10 for a good while so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Help me please!

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate category**

OliveYahr, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Help! Windows 10 black screen with cursor after log in

1. Help! Windows 10 black screen with cursor after log in - Similar Threads - Help black screen

2. Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor after Log In

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor after Log In: So after an update, I could log in but it would not show my desktop, icons, etc. I could pull up task manager and access my files, but could not get my desktop to work. After trying multiple fixes that didn’t work, I did a system restore. This fixed the issue, until the time...
  3. Black screen with a cursor after logging in my windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with a cursor after logging in my windows: Yesterday when I turned on my laptop, it freezed. And after a while it was just black screen. Now when I turn on after samsung logo, I input my login password, then it opens with a black screen with a cursor. I can hear the fan, that's means it's running. The lights of...
  4. Black screen with a cursor after logging in my windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with a cursor after logging in my windows: Yesterday when I turned on my laptop, it freezed. And after a while it was just black screen. Now when I turn on after samsung logo, I input my login password, then it opens with a black screen with a cursor. I can hear the fan, that's means it's running. The lights of...
  5. Black screen with cursor after log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor after log in: Hey, i have a problem, so i installed win11 a few weeks ago. So I can't revert to win 10, but heres the problem, after a few weeks of using win 11, i keep getting black screen with cursor in it. I already tried the regedit and change the shell and it was not working....
  6. Black screen with cursor after log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor after log in: Hey, i have a problem, so i installed win11 a few weeks ago. So I can't revert to win 10, but heres the problem, after a few weeks of using win 11, i keep getting black screen with cursor in it. I already tried the regedit and change the shell and it was not working....
  7. Windows 10 After logging in, a black screen appears with a cursor.

Windows 10 After logging in, a black screen appears with a cursor.: I have tried everything that appears on the web and nothing has worked. Alt delete control does not work. I read somewhere that uninstalling the screen driver would help and that it would automatically install the best option for my computer, but I didn't do it and now I...
  8. Windows 10 logs into black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 logs into black screen with cursor: I’ve been walking through the help steps on Microsoft’s page as this seems like a common problem but so far I can’t achieve anything. So I have an Alienware desktop with Windows 10 that’s a few years old and I stopped using about 2 years ago, I hooked it up and I can login...
  9. black screen with cursor after logging in

black screen with cursor after logging in: Hi. I just had this annoying black screen after I just logged in to my laptop. It is a black screen with a cursor. Pressing ESC, Windows key, ctrl+alt+delete or windows key+R then typing explorer.exe don't do anything good, still a black screen so it forces me to press the...
  10. Black screen with cursor after logging in (win10)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor after logging in (win10): Hello, I Have Dell inspiron 15R N5110. Have been seeing a black screen with cursor after login to windows. I rarely see the desktop but after leaving the laptop turned for long time, maybe hours. But when i click on my computer or pressing ctrl + A it takes secs or even mins...