Windows 10: HELP! Windows 10 error while on battery , Microsoft ACPI compliant battery method is the cause

Discus and support HELP! Windows 10 error while on battery , Microsoft ACPI compliant battery method is the cause in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my laptop is asus tuf gaming fx505 Running windows 10 64 bit single language Recently just a couple weeks ago my laptop went laggy when on battery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Steven Chinlung, Mar 21, 2019.

1. HELP! Windows 10 error while on battery , Microsoft ACPI compliant battery method is the cause

my laptop is asus tuf gaming fx505

Running windows 10 64 bit single language

Recently just a couple weeks ago my laptop went laggy when on battery (not just laggy , everything is not responding and my cursor is gone so i cant do anything) lets say my laptop freeze while on battery . And i tried to open windows menu by pressing the windows logo in my keyboard and its so slow like i have to wait 10 seconds before the menu appear . I tried to fix it myself and find out that Microsoft ACPI compliant battery method is the cause of it , i disabled it and my laptop went back to normal (uninstalling it also fixes my laptop but after i restart the laptop the driver is back) but because i disabled it now i dont know the percentage of My battery . Third party applicatipn like battery bar also wont work (well i guess thats because i deleted the driver that detects the percentage of the battery and third party application r using it too to read the percentage) please help me guys! (Whether if you guys help me to find out how to fix the problem without removing the microsoft ACPI compliant battery or you guys help me to find a new way to detect the percentage of my battery without ACPI Compliant battery

:)

Steven Chinlung, Mar 21, 2019

2. New battery not charging

I suggested uninstall, not re-install.

There's an extended version of those instructions - the same idea, but some additional steps.
    Shut down hte machine
    Remove the battery - run on AC power only
    Device Manager > Batteries
    Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Shut down the machine

Remove AC power
    Wait 1 minte
    Insert Battery
    Connect AC power
    Start the machine

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery should be reinstalled when the machine is booting

But, the .3 volts might be significant - I agree with Kbird

Slartybart, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Missing microsoft acpi-compliant battery control method

Hi Francis,

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery is a driver needed by Windows to communicate with your hardware. To troubleshoot the issue, follow the steps below:

• Remove the charger from your computer, then restart your device.
    • After your computer restarts, plugged in your charger. Check if the driver needed automatically reinstalled and addressed the issue.

Kindly send us a screenshot of your device manager, to provide your better assistance on addressing the issue. To send a screenshot, follow the instructions provided by
    Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] on this
    Forum Article

• Go to Device Manager > Expand Batteries.
    • If you can see Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, double-click then screenshot the General tab.

Keep us posted with the result.

Regile Reb, Mar 21, 2019
  4. HELP! Windows 10 error while on battery , Microsoft ACPI compliant battery method is the cause

Microsoft ACPI Compliant Method Battery

Accidentally , I uninstalled "microsoft acpi compliant control method battery" from Acer Aspire R-14. Now I'm unable to install it because I don't have its setup.

So please help me !!

hudaniabhee, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

HELP! Windows 10 error while on battery , Microsoft ACPI compliant battery method is the cause

1. HELP! Windows 10 error while on battery , Microsoft ACPI compliant battery method is the cause - Similar Threads - HELP error while

2. Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery: My battery is not charging. I have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling by restarting / hardware scan on device manager and tried holding the power button for 60 seconds hard restart but non of them are working im using asus zenbook pro duo UX582LR Windows 11 bios...
  3. Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery: My battery is not charging. I have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling by restarting / hardware scan on device manager and tried holding the power button for 60 seconds hard restart but non of them are working im using asus zenbook pro duo UX582LR Windows 11 bios...
  4. Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery: Why is the Name of this Driver Microsoft *Surface* ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery even im not having a Microsoft Surface ,im having a Normal Old Laptop?Is It Normal?And Should I Roll it back or this version is Good?...
  5. Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery: Why is the Name of this Driver Microsoft *Surface* ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery even im not having a Microsoft Surface ,im having a Normal Old Laptop?Is It Normal?And Should I Roll it back or this version is Good?...
  6. ACPI compliant control method battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACPI compliant control method battery: Hello, I was having an issue with my battery dying rather quickly, a website I found said to uninstall my ACPI compliant control method battery, and do a few more things to essentially reboot the battery. It kept dying quickly so I ordered a new battery and installed it. Ever...
  7. ACPI compliant control method battery

ACPI compliant control method battery: Hello, I was having an issue with my battery dying rather quickly, a website I found said to uninstall my ACPI compliant control method battery, and do a few more things to essentially reboot the battery. It kept dying quickly so I ordered a new battery and installed it. Ever...
  8. ACPI compliant control method battery

9. Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery missing

Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery missing: I performed the latest update and lost my battery icon on the task bar. After some research I tried to "Fix" the problem by an uninstall. However I have totally lost the Microsoft ACPI-compliant coontrol method battery. It does not appear under devices>batteries. How do I...
  10. Microsoft driver for ACPI compliant control method battery

Microsoft driver for ACPI compliant control method battery: Is there an updated driver for the battery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-driver-for-acpi-compliant-control-method/5cfecf07-9a01-4df2-977f-8509021dcabd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acpi driver cause no charging?

2. why when i enable my microsoft acpi compliant battery method when on battery mode my laptop freezes